suggestions for 5.0

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: suggestions for 5.0

Unread post by Vephriel »

Agreed that hydras should stay where they are. They're at the very bottom under a bold 'Untameable' heading, so I don't think there could be that much confusion. Unlike the wishful thinking species, they do need a mention due to being an existing family with their own ability and icon, so it makes sense to keep them there.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vephriel wrote:Agreed that hydras should stay where they are. They're at the very bottom under a bold 'Untameable' heading, so I don't think there could be that much confusion. Unlike the wishful thinking species, they do need a mention due to being an existing family with their own ability and icon, so it makes sense to keep them there.
If they can't read the huge UNTAMABLE sign, then I might suggest they get some reading glasses or somethin.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Kalliope wrote:Perhaps the category could be relabeled "Discontinued Pets" or "Former Pets" or "Limited Edition Pets" - something to more clearly indicate why they are there while other untameable families are not.
But... Hydras aren't discontinued, former OR limited edition, really. There was a bug making one tameable. They're more like a 'to be added' family.
Jessibelle wrote:If they can't read the huge UNTAMABLE sign, then I might suggest they get some reading glasses or somethin.
I can read the 'untameable' sign just fine, I'm not stupid. My point was something completely different, but I don't care if they stay there since they are an existing family and I know that.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Everdeen wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Perhaps the category could be relabeled "Discontinued Pets" or "Former Pets" or "Limited Edition Pets" - something to more clearly indicate why they are there while other untameable families are not.
But... Hydras aren't discontinued, former OR limited edition, really. There was a bug making one tameable. They're more like a 'to be added' family.
"To be added" implies that it's a sure thing. While it SHOULD be a sure thing, it's still speculation on our part, which is why it's less accurate than the other labels. The most accurate word out of the alternative options is discontinued, since they WERE discontinued, which has nothing to do with why they were tameable in the first place.

In the end, though, it's just splitting hairs over words. Hydras exists as a real family and they don't belong with the other families, so what's there currently is fine.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Erm...Everdeen, that comment wasn't directed at you. It was just a general statement since more than just us use the site.

Either way, I still agree it's fine where it is and the title of 'untameable' gets the point across. There's no need to go making it more complex.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, I don't think anyone intended anything personal. Please, everyone chill :)

I think there are ways the appearance of the page could be improved, but I'm crap at coming up with suggestions for that kind of thing. Mostly I just dislike Blizzard's icons for the reasons I mentioned before. Perhaps a generic image of each pet type would be easier to pick out. Maybe even a silhouette style? I'm not sure.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:Yeah, I don't think anyone intended anything personal. Please, everyone chill :)

I think there are ways the appearance of the page could be improved, but I'm crap at coming up with suggestions for that kind of thing. Mostly I just dislike Blizzard's icons for the reasons I mentioned before. Perhaps a generic image of each pet type would be easier to pick out. Maybe even a silhouette style? I'm not sure.
Sounds like you'd rather we have our own custom icons....hmmm...

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Maybe just a shot of a representative of each family - a closeup of a face or something - as mentioned earlier in the thread. :)

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:Maybe just a shot of a representative of each family - a closeup of a face or something - as mentioned earlier in the thread. :)
Sounds good. How do we decide who represents the family though? by popularity maybe? or a vote? or just leave it up to Wain to decide since he had good judgement on these things and is itching to get the buttons switched to something better?

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Jessibelle wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Maybe just a shot of a representative of each family - a closeup of a face or something - as mentioned earlier in the thread. :)
Sounds good. How do we decide who represents the family though? by popularity maybe? or a vote? or just leave it up to Wain to decide since he had good judgement on these things and is itching to get the buttons switched to something better?
Well....this might be kind of fancy, but maybe it could be a random rotation between all the pets in the family. :)

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
Well....this might be kind of fancy, but maybe it could be a random rotation between all the pets in the family. :)
Oooh...not a bad idea...easy to do with photoshop.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Actually, if it happened it would be up to Mania. :) I think she currently prefers the Blizzard icons for a few reasons I can't disagree with, it's just i still don't like them :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope

Jessibelle wrote:Oooh...not a bad idea...easy to do with photoshop.
Well, sure, but....*counts* 45 cats. xD

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Oooh...not a bad idea...easy to do with photoshop.
Well, sure, but....*counts* 45 cats. xD
Well for biiiiiig groups like that, maybe narrow it down to one of each model type?

LisaaraPokefarm

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

There are certainly other options that are attractive, but I think the Blizzard icons are good for the front page, as they are quickly recognizable and tie in to the in-game stable.
Kalliope

GormanGhaste wrote:There are certainly other options that are attractive, but I think the Blizzard icons are good for the front page, as they are quickly recognizable and tie in to the in-game stable.
That's about where I stand personally on this as well. :) Helps with the association between the sometimes....obscure....icons and the family.

YouTube Edition