I'm not very computery, but...

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

I'm not very computery, but...

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

.... I really did love the artwork of the old forum banners and backgrounds.
I have no idea if this new host/site is able to support any graphic addtions, but are you thinking of adding any Mania?
I would be ever so pleased if it was possible... :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Re: I'm not very computery, but...

Unread post by Zangor »

been awile hasnt it spiritbinder......i too think a customized banner for the forums would be nice but if mania is using a free host instead of building the forums from scratch it might not be possible to get a custom one.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Yeah, I'll definitely be getting a better theme here soon. I just wanted to get everything up and running, since I kept putting it off ...

It may take me a bit to learn the new theme system. (I'm used to WordPress, but phpBB uses a rather different system.) But I've already made some small tweaks and I think I can handle it. 8-)
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

i take it your using a free host then?
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

No, all my sites are hosted on a box that my husband and I share. Most of my code is custom, but I use WordPress for the blog(s) and I'm trying out phpBB for these forums. (The old forum at Arcania was bbPress, which would probably be fine if I had waited a year to get a more mature build of the software.) I have full access to all the source and can make any changes I need, but working within the theme framework they have set up will save me some headache when I need to upgrade versions.

(Aside: My husband actually built a custom forum for one of his other projects ... It takes a while to get all the bugs worked out!)
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

oh thats cool that definately means you can do alot more with this than free hosts allow like making you own custom banners and not having adds

adds where annoying on the old forums so im glad not to have those.....that virtual puppy had demon eyes!

so are you looking for moderators to keep things in check for when your away or if something comes up?
id be glad to help out around here
:D
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Yeah, I'll definitely be getting a better theme here soon. I just wanted to get everything up and running, since I kept putting it off ...
Oh that s great news Mania.
Take your time as I'm sure that the launch of this new one, will definalty keep you on your toes for quiet some time :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­