reorganizing the pet ability page

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

reorganizing the pet ability page

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'd like to suggest that the pet ability/skill page be organized, not by spec or even family, but by grouping similar pet abilities together. We had a good topic on this in the MoP beta forum, but we no longer have access to that forum now that the 5.3 ptr forum is active.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: reorganizing the pet ability page

Unread post by Makoes »

Actually there is always access to that information: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewforum.php?f=48
(reached by clicking the very top "locked" PTR/BETA/Forum archives, when you click on the 5.3 patch: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewforum.php?f=47 )

Is this the topic you were looking for: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 39&t=18086

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, all the old ptr/beta forums are accessible. Actually, the Cata ones weren't until a few days ago. I moved them into that archive folder in case anyone was feeling nostalgic :)

Thanks Gorm, and thanks for that link Makoes. It definitely sounds like a worthwhile way of displaying them, especially after seeing that thread.

The current tables might be worthwhile keeping as well, if it can be organized in a better way. The current page is already huge! I'll bring it to Mania's attention anyway.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Is it possible to to have a link from the main site (on the pet ability page) to the thread, to make things easier for Mania?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Oh! I see where the archives are now. Was used to seeing them on the front page. And yes, thank you Makoes, that is indeed the thread I was thinking of.

My thoughts are that the current table isn't really needed anymore, as all that information is displayed at the top of the pet family's main page. And I don't know how useful the alphabetical list is, as all that information is duplicated by mousing-over the ability's icon.

What I would find useful would be headings (buffs, debuffs, utility, CC) that can be 'jumped' to, like the current spec headings, and sub-headings (mastery buff, crit buff, etc.) that grouped similar abilities, and then the ability icon first (with an exotic note where appropriate), an optional text box detailing the ability (this could be handled by the current mouse-over of the ability icon instead), and the family icon last (with a link to the family main page).
Attachments
vamp.jpg
vamp.jpg (38.1 KiB) Viewed 1005 times