Pictures at bottom of posts

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Pictures at bottom of posts

Unread post by Iowawolf »

How can we get those cool pictures I have been seeing at the bottom of everyone's posts if it is possible could I please have one of my favorite pet I just tamed Loque'nahak if it is something that is done at a later time that's all good no problem and thank you.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Pictures at bottom of posts

Unread post by Bowno »

You mean signatures? You can put your own on by going to your User control panel. We have size limits on siggies though, so make sure it isn't too big!

Siggy under construction!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

One thing, Loque is not female. He is the mate of the one in Zul'Drak who is female. Har'Koa I think the name is.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Maybe in the real world Loque is male but in my world of warcraft Loque is female lol
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Moving this to the support forum. But it seems you've already worked it out. In fact there's a sub-forum devoted to people who make sigs for others :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Crestonwolf73 wrote:Maybe in the real world Loque is male but in my world of warcraft Loque is female lol
If you want to have a Loque look-alike pet that is female, go for it. It could be progeny of Loque and Har'koa.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Danielfboone wrote:
Crestonwolf73 wrote:Maybe in the real world Loque is male but in my world of warcraft Loque is female lol
If you want to have a Loque look-alike pet that is female, go for it. It could be progeny of Loque and Har'koa.

...does it really even matter though? Like, it's a hunter pet. I'd understand if we were saying "wow Thrall is totally a chick guys you are ALL WRONG". But no. We're talking about a hunter pet that has almost zero established lore. Who knows? Maybe Har'koa swings with the ladies? Or has a little cluster of mates, either female or male? I'm not gonna pick up Loque and check. So who cares if someone says Loque is male or female? We only have the word mate to go off, which doesn't really say anything beyond in a relationship with Har'koa.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Azunara wrote:
Danielfboone wrote:

...does it really even matter though? Like, it's a hunter pet. I'd understand if we were saying "wow Thrall is totally a chick guys you are ALL WRONG". But no. We're talking about a hunter pet that has almost zero established lore. Who knows? Maybe Har'koa swings with the ladies? Or has a little cluster of mates, either female or male? I'm not gonna pick up Loque and check. So who cares if someone says Loque is male or female? We only have the word mate to go off, which doesn't really say anything beyond in a relationship with Har'koa.
Mate means opposite sex, period, end of discussion.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Danielfboone wrote:
Azunara wrote: ...does it really even matter though? Like, it's a hunter pet. I'd understand if we were saying "wow Thrall is totally a chick guys you are ALL WRONG". But no. We're talking about a hunter pet that has almost zero established lore. Who knows? Maybe Har'koa swings with the ladies? Or has a little cluster of mates, either female or male? I'm not gonna pick up Loque and check. So who cares if someone says Loque is male or female? We only have the word mate to go off, which doesn't really say anything beyond in a relationship with Har'koa.
Mate means opposite sex, period, end of discussion.
Dictionary.com says otherwise. But it's THEIR Loque so they can call it male, female, they, xe, xir, whatever they damn well please.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

According to every dictionary I could locate online and in the house, "Mate" is not exclusively used as just a definition of opposite gender. It can mean partner, associate, friend, comrade, it is used in chain of command (see "first mate"), used to define a matching pair (the mate of the glove.) Oh and if "Mate" is just defines as opposite gender the doesn't that make everyone in New Zealand, Britain, Australia and Tasmania bisexual because they use "Mate" as a slang for friend? Wait, my neighbor down the hall is from Australia and calls me mate...does that mean he wants to "do" me? O.o))

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Now you're being ridiculous bringing slang usage or military rank into it. The way it's used in the game and in basic biology it means opposite gender. Having said that, I already said you can have a pet be whatever you wish. I would say that you shouldn't use the original name though if you're going to change something like that. If it's Loque's daughter, that's fine.

No more discussions please, I was just pointing out that the original Loque in the game is male in case that wasn't known. No more, no less.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

If a hunter wants to tame a pet, call it by the name it was before tame and refer to it as male or female, they have that right and in an open minded community like petopia, that should not be an issue.
I am really not sure why you insists so heavily on restricting people based on your personal opinion on how things should be...

Play the game how you want, and leave others to play it how they like.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Danielfboone wrote:Now you're being ridiculous bringing slang usage or military rank into it. The way it's used in the game and in basic biology it means opposite gender. Having said that, I already said you can have a pet be whatever you wish. I would say that you shouldn't use the original name though if you're going to change something like that. If it's Loque's daughter, that's fine.
No more discussions please, I was just pointing out that the original Loque in the game is male in case that wasn't known. No more, no less.
This is not your thread and not your call to have the last say by asking for "no more discussions". You have become pushy and dominating on this topic and you will not post here any further.

If it was an RP server, perhaps people would take it more seriously, I'm not sure. But outside of an RP server, nobody has the right to push a point of view on what gender you portray your pet as. Especially in a game riddled with ridiculous character names and some even named after real-world historical characters.

But that aside, nobody on these forums has the right to harass or bully you for it. And that is a final point of discussion.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Dear lord. I've been watching this thread from the sidelines and I must say I am unamused.

I think your siggy looks lovely! SHE looks very nice in that pose ;3

Siggy under construction!

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

This thread has gone so far off track it is just as bad as the one on the official forums about the censer thing and how those of us are being ganked non stop by ones who like pvp and how it is ruining our gaming experience due to us being ganked and not letting us play how we want to play. As for this thread only one thing I will say is she is my Loque'nahak and if I want to call her Loque'nahak it is my game and I will play however I want to play. This is not a bash or anything on any member I am just making myself clear.

*Rides off into the sunset with her by his side, Loque'nahak*