Is there a way to post pictures from my desktop?

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Is there a way to post pictures from my desktop?

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I have some in game pics I took of my main on three of my newest mounts is there a way besides posting them on say Wowhead to get it to show the picture instead of the link? I have them on my desktop right now if I have to I can try and submit to Wowhead if it helps.
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: Is there a way to post pictures from my desktop?

Unread post by Chimera »

You can upload the pics to sites like Tinypic (which has various resizing settings, I really like to use tinypic for shrinking obscenely large pics) or Imgur (I prefer Imgur if I want to have albums where all my uploaded pics are stored. Sometimes I'll upload them in Tinypic to shrink them down and upload the url to Imgur so I have the perfect sized pic on hand whenever I want to post it around). Photobucket used to be alright till they made it so the BBC code (the one that's [ img ]<pic url>[/ img ] (I had to put spaces in the square brackets cause it was doing something funky lol)) has a direct link url to the pic on photobucket tied into the mix. It's really irritating having to delete the link url coding so it's just the pic and nothing else

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's probably better to attach the images to your post, rather than a third-party service. Because we often see messages about images being missing or deleted because the service has blocked the user for overuse or something. At least on here they're for keeps. :)

To attach messages you need to hit the "POST REPLY" button rather than use the quick reply box. That brings up the full message interface.

Attach your image file(s) using the tool just under the message box. Copy the url, then paste it into your message. Then just highlight the url and click the "Img" button at the top to turn it into an image link (or manually add the image tags as Shalyth suggested... that's especially handy to know if you're using the quick reply box and want to insert an image).

Oh, with the url you can trim the long "&sid=XXXX" bit off the end if you like. The id number is all that is needed.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Thank you for the replies I signed up with that tinypic site took me awhile to figure out how to get the pics the right size so they won't be too big when they show up but if you check out the mount thread I have a post there showing the three mounts I obtained this week.