Malware warning

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Malware warning

Unread post by Syleye »

Hi,
I hope this is in the right area. I have been trying to get onto the "show your dragons" thread on the Flight rising subforum and I keep getting a malware warning from my system. No of the other topics are being flagged and this only started with in the last 10 minutes.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Malware warning

Unread post by Wain »

What antivirus software / browser link scanner are you using? I wonder if it's a false positive. Is there any particular page that gives the warning for you, or all of them that you try?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, I went to the thread and didn't get any alerts myself, I use Avast Antivirus.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Wain wrote:What antivirus software / browser link scanner are you using? I wonder if it's a false positive. Is there any particular page that gives the warning for you, or all of them that you try?
It's part of Google chrome, not sure exactly my husband takes care of that usually. It was happening when ever I clicked on the main link. I cleared my browsing files to see if something old was setting it off and it didn't help, but it stopped doing it about 15mn ago so maybe it was a false alarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cool. Yeah, that happens. I've heard of it more with Chrome. Not sure what their deal is. As I use Firefox I don't have a lot of experience with it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.