Compy tech help, non-WoW

Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Compy tech help, non-WoW

Unread post by Snowwalker »

I've been having some real issues with sights that have vid ads and such, such aswowhead, DA. I keep getting the script error message box error. "A script on this page has timed out.." where it asks you wether you wanna stop it or debug it, and has a tickbox to not ask you again. Well even after clicking this, it still will pop up, sometimes so bad it locks my computer up. And it'll keep throwing them up. I'm running 10, have everything as far as I know up to date with flash and such. Anyone got any thoughts, suggestions out there?

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Re: Compy tech help, non-WoW

Unread post by Arthur »

Hi!~

What browser are you using?
I will suggest adblock if you don't use it already!
https://adblockplus.org/

However, if you're big on watching content from youtubers who count on videos to make some money, you can temporarily disable the block so adds go through while you watch the videos - IIRC. If not you can disregard this bit.

So if you give it a try I hope it helps!

Also, always make sure your browser is up-to-date. It can be a real pain if it's not! I learned that the hard way lol ^.^

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Re: Compy tech help, non-WoW

Unread post by Snowwalker »

I use Firefox, and again, as far as I know it's up to date. I'll give it a try. At this point I'll try anything. So if anyone else has any suggestions too, I'm still in the market. I'd like to know what the root cause of it having script errors is, not just put a band-aid on it. Though until then, I will certainly try the band-aid. Thanks again, Peridot!