Thank you, Mania!

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Thank you, Mania!

Unread post by Kalliope »

I don't know where else to post this, but I just wanted to praise you, Mania, for moving the forums to this new format. Petopia's among my most-visited WoW sites, but it's the one I feel the closest to, just because of the warmth of the hunter community. Whether they're endgame hunters or casuals, the people who gravitate here tend to hold a warmth in their hearts for WoW's most personal hunting companions. I feel like less of an outsider now that I have my avatar and such here, thanks to the new format. I love the space where you can list your stabled companions. (I'd love to be able to mouseover pet names and have a picture from the pet's corresponding Petopia page show up, btw! :mrgreen:)

Thank you for all that you do to give intelligent hunters who appreciate the warm fuzziness of their pets a place to be. :) And thank you to the community at large for being here; you guys are awesome. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Thank you, Mania!

Unread post by Vephriel »

I fully agree with you! :D

Petopia solidified my love of the Hunter class, and I've been relying on it since I was just a newbie. ^^ A forum like this is the perfect means to bring together the community and I'm really excited to finally meet everyone properly. =)
Kalliope

Oh yes, Petopia was actually the first WoW related site I was ever introduced to! Even before MMO and EJ and such, there was....Petopia. ;) I was shown the site before I started playing and picked out my first pets (black bear and snow leopard, though I ended up getting a ghost saber instead) before ever setting foot in the game. So I've been attached to Petopia since before I was a newbie! xD

YouTube Edition

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Kalliope wrote:Oh yes, Petopia was actually the first WoW related site I was ever introduced to! Even before MMO and EJ and such, there was....Petopia. ;) I was shown the site before I started playing and picked out my first pets (black bear and snow leopard, though I ended up getting a ghost saber instead) before ever setting foot in the game. So I've been attached to Petopia since before I was a newbie! xD
I have to agree with this also, one of my first WoW sites that I really started visiting. Hunter was my first love in WoW, hehe. The community here is getting me to play my hunter alts that have been MIA for a bit, hehe.

Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

Here, Here!

::raises a mug to Mania, indicating platter of mugs on table for everyone::

Thank you for so lovely a home!
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Anytime I run into a new hunter I tell them thst Petopia is a MUST site for them. I just love the site, especialy since Im a odd/beautiful pet tamer..lol..ya I like the pretty ones :roll: :lol:
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

Here here! I couldn't agree more.
Love the site and love this new forum.
Thanks a bunch and keep up all the wonderful work you do, Mania.
Cheers! :D

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

*blushes*

I didn't start Petopia (Brash is the genius behind it!), but I am proud to serve as editor for the site and occasional den mother to the community. ;)
Javyn

Unread post by Javyn »

Your blogs are half the reason I became a hunter! Thank you!
"I don't like being chased by an 8-foot long albino lizard with black spikes that shoots lightning and teleports. It's kinda scary."
Kalliope

Mania wrote:*blushes*

I didn't start Petopia (Brash is the genius behind it!), but I am proud to serve as editor for the site and occasional den mother to the community. ;)
My hat's off to Brash as well, but I'm afraid she was before my time. ;)
Last edited by Kalliope on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

YouTube Edition

nidever
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by nidever »

Petopia and your blog helped me decide to level my hunter. He was stuck at level 42 for months. He is now a fresh 80. Just curious. Who is Brash?
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I believe Brash was the one who originally came up with Petopia and started it, then Mania took over afterwards.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote:I believe Brash was the one who originally came up with Petopia and started it, then Mania took over afterwards.
That would explain why it was www.petopia.brashendeavors.net

I always wondered why it was that...

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Brash, aka Brash Endeavors, aka Bamoo, is a most excellent young lady that I met when I played Asheron's Call. At the time, she ran the Unrepentant Archer website for AC1 archers.

We fell out of touch after we both left AC1, so imagine my surprise when I noticed that my favorite WoW site -- Petopia -- was on the brashendeavors.net domain!

I pinged her to make sure it was her, and over the next year or so started volunteering pet data and such for Petopia. Eventually she decided to take a bit of a break from WoW and offered to let me take on the role of editor. I was thrilled to do so, of course!
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

i got to thank u to heck without petopedia i wouldn't know what pets to get and what abilitys they have
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture Co - Nesingwary

Unread post by Zanidar »

Petopia is one of my most visited WoW sites, thanks for making it! and thanks to the original creator as well :D
Seaiayu
Realm: Rivendare Seaiayu lvl 80 , Kâgome lvl 27

Unread post by Seaiayu »

I agree, Brash may have started it but Mania is the face of Petopia. Her own term of 'den mother' is aptly used, she is a guide and guardian for hunters everywhere, both the old and the new. I think everyone would agree that Mania is a big influence and help to the hunter population in general. Three cheers for Mania and hunters everywhere!!!

P.S being an editor sounds overwhelming to me, the co-ordination and computer know how for things like scripting and host services for forums sounds mind boggling. Your efforts are much appreciated.
Respect the BLADE!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Seaiayu wrote:P.S being an editor sounds overwhelming to me, the co-ordination and computer know how for things like scripting and host services for forums sounds mind boggling. Your efforts are much appreciated.
/script computer=work

all I've ever needed.

In the topic of this thread, Hooray for you Mania!
Petopia was the site that got me sold on hunters, along with a guildmaster I had that was a hunter. Basically, all of my knowledge of hunters can be divided into two parts, and the pet part is almost entirely from petopia.

:extendsacheertomania:

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

Yes, time to set my many thanks to Mania as well. I've been using this site for longer than I can remember even though I've been silent all this time. Had you started this in the first place you'd know how vocal i can be...lol. Cheers and grats Mania and perhaps after a month of my posts you finally regret putting this together. :-D

Rarako
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hakkar, Mug'thol

Unread post by Rarako »

I have to give a big thank you to you as well Mania. My first hunter was having a time of it finding pets with abilities back when I started playing back in late vanilla, a guildie pointed me to this sight and I've been visiting religiously ever since. In fact after going back and looking at my old hunter (lvl 34 which I hadn't touched in over three years) the only thing I had done right on her was pets. My new hunters fair much better now thanks to BRK's guides and actually keeping up on changes, but I've found all my pets through Petopia. With out you Mania I would probably never found my wonderful companions, and I can't thank you enough for that. ^_^

Many thanks to Vephriel for the amazing sig!