Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Unread post by Mania »

You can use this thread to let me know about any missing or wrong information on the main Petopia website.

Please do not use this thread to tell me about pets on the Public Test Realms (PTR). The PTR will usually have its own thread. Latest: PTR Patch 4.06

Please only post the necessary information (name, location, appearance, link to original thread, etc). For new or missing pets, a screenshot that shows Beast Lore info is always appreciated! But please leave discussion for other threads.

I will do my best to update Petopia as soon as possible, but be aware that sometimes it takes me a while.

(If you've posted a correction before in a different location, don't worry about reposting here. I've got it bookmarked.)
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Unread post by Cialbi »

Well, in your Gallery of Pet Looks, the Ghost Wolf is found in the Wolf section (Karoma is listed separately as a Spectral Wolf, and groups with the Spirit Beasts), but has no tamable looks. Maybe the Ghost Wolf category shouldn't even be mentioned (it's identical to the Spectral Wolf; they even share the same page), and the untamable NPCs with that model be grouped with Karoma on the Gallery of Pet Looks page (after all, an untamable beast doesn't really belong to any particular pet family). Thus, someone who comes across that look in the gallery can see that it is in fact tamable as Karoma.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne

Unread post by 7seti »

Three of the bat skins (brown, red and white) have new eye colours: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8847
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

On the black scorpid page, for the Duneclaw Stalker, the notes for this mob say "Has stealth, but looses it when tamed."

"Looses" is not actually a word and should be "Loses."

Fun fact: Lose is like the number one most mispelled word. :P

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Skeeter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: azshara

Unread post by Skeeter »

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=34034

I do not believe it is currently listed under cat skins in Petopia i might be wrong and overlooking it though
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Deviate Coiler Hatchling was listed as changing from WindSerpentSkinOrange to WindSerpentSkin. Wowhead still indicates it's WindSerpentSkinOrange . So unless Wowhead isn't up to date (which actually isn't uncommon)..

Despite appearing very similar, those two skins actually different colours, albeit incredibly subtly different. It's been discussed in this thread: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8953
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Idk if this counts as current or next patch, but in your wolf section and Transformed Pets section, you have Deathmaw listed as turning into the same model as Tito.

Deathmaw is actually becoming the Dark Brown model you have listed as Unused

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/direwol ... brown.html
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lar'korwi Mate is still marked as untameable, but it's tameable :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pemburu

Unread post by pemburu »

Terropene is marked as rare elite..... i'm pretty sure he's just rare :D but he does deserve being an elite, since the spell he uses hits like a truck.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

The Blackrock Battle Worg is listed as a Grey Saber Worg - it's actually a Black Saber Worg.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

I would like to see some confirmation on this, but here's something I've found.

I recently tamed a Vale Howler (a monkey in stranglethorn vale) for the Random Pet Challenge, and went to take a screenshot of each of the monkey's four skins.
I, for the life of me, could not get my pet Thespis to show his grey skin, which should look like so (minus pickaxe):

So, the image on Petopia may very well be incorrect, because I'm fairly certain that Vale Howlers have only three skins that they can spawn as.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I've just done a bunch of summons and resummons on the PTR; can pretty much confirm Cialbi's observation is correct. ^_^

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by wildstormz »

I cant find this Rare purple Wasp Rex Ashill listed in Petopia could you please add it in :)

Rex Ashill, the untameable 'ant model' lord of Hive'Ashi, is no longer an untameable 'ant model'. Instead....

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8627
Zercon
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Zercon »

Bloodhounds are listed on Petopia as 44-50 and on Wowhead as 46-50 However when I went in there all I saw were 49-50 before they upgraded to the Bloodhound Mastiffs, which seemed to have gotten a similar refine in level range however I can't verify this as I didn’t progress that far in. ((too low level))

Possible explication would be the Trial ring summoning lower leveled dogs once in the past, likely needs to be verified again by someone else due to tweak in mechanics.
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

Deviate Coiler and Deviate Coiler Hatchling from Wailing Caverns do indeed have two different skins, as subtle as the two brown worgs. Also worth noting when tamed, the Hatchling is larger at 82 than the regular coiler, which is quite odd. I tried getting them in the exact same pose, but got as close as I could like this. My model viewer won't load for some reason, so I can't get comparison shots like that.
Attachments
Deviate Coiler Hatchling. Note the larger size and lighter, less detailed texture.
Deviate Coiler Hatchling. Note the larger size and lighter, less detailed texture.
WoWScrnShot_013011_221409.jpg (291.49 KiB) Viewed 44853 times
Deviate Coiler. Note the smaller size and darker, more detailed texture.
Deviate Coiler. Note the smaller size and darker, more detailed texture.
WoWScrnShot_013011_221448.jpg (285.66 KiB) Viewed 44853 times
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Petopia lists them as Summoned during combat by Crypt Horrors-this I have not yet checked.

I found them summoned by Nerubian Sycophant....

and the quest mob Ix'lar the Underlord-though I didn't see him summon it specifically, I got attacked by one suddenly while fighting that mob.

The one attacking is the summoned one, the one running up is one I tamed just a bit ago.
Elhessar
Realm: EU - Silvermoon

Unread post by Elhessar »

In the Hunched Black Gem Cat skin page, is listed Blackmaw. I don't know what happened, but neither WoWhead nor Thottbot have any data about that npc.
I've also checked for similar skins, and the untamable Soo-holu seems to be the only one using it. Sadly.

He's still there, so it's a WoWhead/Thottbot database issue.

EDIT: 1 more thing.
In the Hunched Cats section it's not listed the Swarming Guardian (TigerSkinBlack + red glowing eyes), from Ulduar. I've not tamed it, but there are several screens online.
Last edited by Elhessar on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Blackmaw is the pet belonging to Andurg Slatechest, a stable master in Storm Peaks. You're right, though; Blackmaw's page seems to have entirely disappeared for some reason. Found a link for his page in the archive though!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Elhessar
Realm: EU - Silvermoon

Unread post by Elhessar »

Kalliope wrote:Blackmaw is the pet belonging to Andurg Slatechest, a stable master in Storm Peaks. You're right, though; Blackmaw's page seems to have entirely disappeared for some reason. Found a link for his page in the archive though!
You are right, I've checked now and he's still sleeping in his usual spot.

I'll edit the previous comment!
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Kikanu wrote:Deviate Coiler and Deviate Coiler Hatchling from Wailing Caverns do indeed have two different skins, as subtle as the two brown worgs. Also worth noting when tamed, the Hatchling is larger at 82 than the regular coiler, which is quite odd. I tried getting them in the exact same pose, but got as close as I could like this. My model viewer won't load for some reason, so I can't get comparison shots like that.
Using Wowhead's model viewer, I can definitely see the difference in color, but don't see a difference in size, I'm afraid.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!