Mania Needs Some Shiny Art

This is the place to request an avatar, get opinions on your signatures ... anything involving forum art!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Re: Mania Needs Some Shiny Art

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Hope you feel better. :(
Lionfury
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Lionfury »

Saturo your is amazing cause Its have include of humor too or at least to me XD!! I'm nerd and find everything funny often!

But seriously, i just thought its really amazing. Dragon is awesome animal imo.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

Saturo i may not be able to strangle gnomes but i can do something better!
*punts saturo off of a cliff*
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

*Falls to her death*
Oh wait... Gnomish engineer... [Parachute cloak] to the rescue!
*Lands gently*

And work on my drawing is progressing slowly... Like, really
slowly...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Thanks for being patient with me, everybody. :)

Karathyriel: I don't suppose there's any way to turn your orc->undead animation into an avatar? (I'm suspecting it would have to be really small, but if someone can do it, it's you.) I love the cleverness of it, but the more I look over these the more I realize that I's like something short and wide for a signature (without, unfortunately, having thought about it before now).

Vephriel: How many of these did you make for me?! Heh. I think the green-themed pets against Feralas is gorgeous. Do you think you could make it a little shorter in height? The crab on the beach is perfect. (Which beach is that, anyway?) I really like the style on the Trachela sig (well, except that the splotch on the M looks like bird-do *cough*), and the dragonhawks are also adorable, but my two favorites are definitely the green one and the crab. (And I will also say that you have a great eye for fonts.)

Bulletdance: Okay, you made too many of these also. We're going to have to start an unclaimed signature thread for the extras! :) I really like the clean lines and color combinations in all your work. The Zangarmarsh pic is amazing! Do you think you could make it a little shorter in height, though? And I really adore your Kurken piece, although I think it is too ferocious for me. The undead on a mount is so elegant. I wonder if you can make it into an avatar?

Saturo: I love the idea of me taming a dragon! Err .. do you think you could make it a white dragon, like the mount? (It can have a saddle if that makes it easier.) My albino drake is my favorite mount. Also, that orc needs a ponytail and some Bloodlust armor. :D

Zangor: The Lich King helm and sword isn't plain, it's classic! And Mania the Lich Queen is oddly appealing to me. My evil side coming out. :D Do you think you can make that into an avatar?

[Edit] I'm attaching some of the great art here so I can upload it to the forum and use it without sucking people's bandwidth.
Attachments
by Bulletdance
by Bulletdance
maniasigshorter.jpg (32.14 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
by Bulletdance
by Bulletdance
maniathree.jpg (12.75 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
by Vephriel
by Vephriel
maniacrab.png (223.17 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

heehee, sorry I made so many I can get easily distracted and excited about making stuff like this. Glad you liked them. Here is the smaller Zang one, I'll work on making the undead one an avatar and will put it in this post when its done. :D
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75 ... horter.jpg
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

It's pretty small but it works...
Attachments
transformavatar.gif
transformavatar.gif (44.82 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

sorry mania but the the lich king thing looks best as a signature all i need to do for it tho is add the name and its good
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mania wrote:
Vephriel: How many of these did you make for me?! Heh. I think the green-themed pets against Feralas is gorgeous. Do you think you could make it a little shorter in height? The crab on the beach is perfect. (Which beach is that, anyway?) I really like the style on the Trachela sig (well, except that the splotch on the M looks like bird-do *cough*), and the dragonhawks are also adorable, but my two favorites are definitely the green one and the crab. (And I will also say that you have a great eye for fonts.)
Hehe, yeah...on that day I was just in the mood for graphics and with nothing else to do I experimented with some. ^^; I mostly wanted practice with signatures and to see what sort of things I could do. You just happened to leave the most possibilities open, so I went with it. :D

For the green signature, I made it at the maximum signature height (300px) just to allow for the most details to be shown. Was there a reason it needs to be shorter, or just personal preference? I could probably shrink it a bit, though it may come out a tad blurrier.

The beach is from the shore at Tanaris, hee.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Karathyriel: Ack! I plugged in the avatar but I forgot to say thank you. So thank you!

Zangor: I meant the standing orc in the Lich King armor as an avatar. Is that what you meant also? I think the sword and helm makes a good signature and I'd love to see it matched with a Lich Orc avatar.

Vephriel: Tanaris! That makes sense. I was thinking the beach outside Booty Bay but it didn't feel quite right. Adjusting the height of the Feralas image is entirely personal preference.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

i actually need to fix the mania lich queen picture since you can still see the back of the helm where mania's mouth should be
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Here is the avatar version of the sig, didn't translate to small as well as i would have liked :)
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75 ... atar-1.jpg
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Mania wrote:Karathyriel: Ack! I plugged in the avatar but I forgot to say thank you. So thank you!
If I could repay just a small amount of the time and dedication you put into our community with infos, the forum and the pets database by doing this avatar, it sure was an honor to do it for you and no "thank you" was due.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Bulletdance wrote:Here is the avatar version of the sig, didn't translate to small as well as i would have liked :)
*nod* I see what you mean. Well I'll just grab the big version then. ;)

Edit: I'm putting some of the sigs that are finished into rotation, but I don't want anyone who is still working to stop because of that. I'd love to showcase a bunch of different signatures.

Also, Vephriel, I didn't grab the Feralas sig fast enough. Do you think you could PM or e-mail it to me?
Attachments
by Bulletdance
by Bulletdance
maniasigtwo.jpg (21.84 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
by Bulletdance
by Bulletdance
Maniafour.jpg (37.95 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
by Bulletdance
by Bulletdance
maniavatar-1.jpg (2.24 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

mania it took me awhile with all the valentines day stuff to make it but i made the lich queesn avatar i also added your name to the signature i made so feel free to use them and if you want i can try and darken the area around the eyes,nose and mouth
Attachments
Mania Lich Queen Avatar.png
Mania Lich Queen Avatar.png (19.89 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
Mania Lich King Sig.png
Mania Lich King Sig.png (50.59 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
Vephriel

Oh dear, the file seems to have disappeared from ImageShack. o.o Maybe it will come back.

I hope I saved a copy.....if not....I may have to make it again.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Yay, it's back!
Attachments
by Vephriel
by Vephriel
mania02.png (225.48 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
by Vephriel
by Vephriel
maniadr.png (193.91 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
by Vephriel
by Vephriel
trachela.png (95.53 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
Vephriel

Hooray!

I'm so glad because I realized I don't have it anywhere else. xD
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I did it, It's finished!..... It took so long to get it done, but here it is, finally!

I would like to add a special thanks to Pike. Not that he was aware, and I hope it was alright, but when I first decided to draw Mania, I had no idea what to dress her in.
I have always <3'ed pikes avatar and so it was his creation that inspired her outfit and colour combinations... Why mess with perfection :D

I hope you enjoy Mania, and once again, thank you so much for all your hard work and brilliant forum and Petopia site.
Below is the original sketch concept and a smaller file to make it easier to be used as a signature. ;)

S.Binder. x

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vephriel

Wow Spiritbinder, that's just amazingly adorable! I love it, the details are just wonderful. :D