Worms = the New Gorilladin

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: Worms = the New Gorilladin

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Ok. Can someone explain to me why a worm is probably better than most tanking pets? I thought everyone was basically the same. =x

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Burrow = God mode. :D
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Bellatryx wrote:Ok. Can someone explain to me why a worm is probably better than most tanking pets? I thought everyone was basically the same. =x
They were basically the same, until Blizzard decided to undo the "all pets = equal" they had worked so hard to bring in with 4.0... and why? Because it was a way they could show on paper "See? Now BM does good AOE dmg". :roll:

Right now I'm too happy playing my OP worm to care about this on a visceral level, but I suspect at some point the glow is going to fade and I'll start missing the variety we used to have...

Not saying worms beat everything - turtles, just like in the days of the Gorilladin, still retain dibs as the best hardcore single target defensive tank, gorillas are still good vs casters, but otherwise if you just want something that's good vs multiple mobs (which is the more common use for tenacity pets), the worm is the clear choice.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Suicune wrote:
And Cerah, Zerg rule! I named my guild after a Defiler move- Dark Swarm :) love my Zergies ^-^
Sweet guild name! Defilers ruled, especially for pissing off Protoss players by spitting acid up on their buildings. I miss them in SCII.

I love my Zergies too -- especially kicking my bf's butt with the pink swarm in SCII. I can't wait until Heart of the Swarm comes out, with a new Zerg-themed small pet, I hope. I'd like a mini-Ultralisk, with a little sign hanging around its neck that says "Hello, my name is Torresque"

I also named my Silithid, Deekah, after the Zergling main character in an old fan fic I wrote back in high school. I'm planning on naming my future Undead Hunter's worm Nydus.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!