Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by Slickrock »

Thought I would make a suggestion thread for our Lurker to read. Please keep your suggestions/hopes/dreams short and to the point, and don't argue about other's ideas. This is just to get our wishes out there... so..

---------------

1) Add another of the dragonhawk skins, black or grey please!
2) Gorilla family needs some love. Yetis?
3) Grey windserpent anyone?
Account has been closed at user's request.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by Azunara »

I would like a white NE cat druid named Azun'ra wandering around Stormwind as a rare spawn.

No really though. I'd like a flamey devilsaur, maybe a snowy/icy wind serpent, Rak'shiri to be normal skin again, and the ice cougar skin used as a spirit beast.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

I'm in love with all the pets out there. The last one I'd chase to the ends of the earth would be a gold saber cat rare spawn, or a spirit beast that looks like a jackal statue in uldum.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

1. Rak'Shiri to keep his Aqua Fur so he's not a copy of the Night Elf Start Pet

2. Broken Tooth and Agra may need some love with saber models - some people seem to approve but look at those forums for confirmation :)
3. Give Trick to all the birdies ^^

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

1. A nature (brown and green with leafy stuff?) themed pet, like a wolf or owl. I like brown and green.
2. More bat skins. I actually kind of like them. A nice black bat would be neat.
3. More Devilsaur colors. Blue? Bronze?
4. More uniquely modeled SBs. Not saying I don't love the ones we have.
5. I was digging through Model Viewer a looongg time ago and saw a light grey/tan Epic Riding Cat mount with silver and red armor. I want.
6. I love the white riding tiger model, so give it to the common Sabercats around Ice Saber Rock and let everyone have their aqua kitty stay aqua.
7. Broken Tooth gets the gold riding tiger model.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, I would love some more skins in the Sporebat Family!

They could be of a different style eg, "wolf" "Birds of prey" and "cat" skins. What is a spore bat anyway? They sound like there could be some in deepholm or some lush untouched jungle / forrest...? ;)

As it stands they are the smallest pet family, there only be 3 in skins game :(

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

1) More love for some of the minimal skinned groups. Some extra sporebats? How about nether rays?
2) More 'lisks. I'd be willing to see Basilisks in the Crocolisk group if you didn't want to add extra families. And in the same vein...
3) Tameable hydras and basilisks. Whether they have the same family or a different one.
4) Using some of the unused models. Golden sabrecat? Flaxen sabrecat? Icy panther? Grey/black dragonhawk?
5) More challenging tames. Not the 'camp this critter for a week' challenge. Ghost wolf type challenge. Krush-type challenge. Gezzarak-type challenge. A challenge that takes multiple players or a difficult setup to get hold of them.
6) More unusual/unique skins on non-exotic critters. Cats have gotten a lot of love here (almost *too* much by comparison!), and of course there's Terrapene, but I'd love for there to be others so the Beast Masters aren't the only ones that can boast a rare and gorgeous pet.
7) Re-skinning all the rare beasts as unusual skins. You've done a fairly good job with the cats. Now how about some of the other rare critters running around?

EDITED: One I thought of before going to bed.

8) Changing the technique of *either* the Dragonhawk or Windserpent, or making one or the other Ferocity. As it is, we have two Cunning pets with the exact same ability. Spreading the ability to another tree would allow for a little more flexibility on that. All the other abilities are split between trees (other than the Shell Shield/Carapace, and that's understandably Tenacity-only), or at the very least between normal and exotic pets (Devilsaur/Wolf, Spirit Beast/Cat, et cetera).
Last edited by Kurasu on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Short and sweet...

Devilsar Spirit Beast
and a slime. :P

... and the ability to tame the Daily mobs again in Sholazar Basin. (slime, white croc, ghost hydra, etc...)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hehe...if we can't have Hydras as a new pet family I'd be happy to see the Ghost Hydralisk tameable again. :D
spirithunter
Realm: Dunemaul

Unread post by spirithunter »

I'm not quite sure what you mean by Lurker, but here goes :)

My number one wish would be to see a spirit beast bird

My second wish is to have the spirit strike animation restored to spirit beasts.

My third, like many others, is tameable hydras.
Last edited by spirithunter on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mogge - Female Dwarf - Darkspear
Rabidshot - Male Blood Elf - Dunemaul
fatman
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul (both sides)

Unread post by fatman »

Is there a skill where the Hunter and the pet switch places? If so I'd like that and we can call the skill "Castling", after the chess move. However, I think it looks more like a Warlock or Mage skill than a Hunter skill, sad to say. :(
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

EDIT - because I'm tired of the cat debacle

Nothing. I don't want anything. I'm tickled pink over the new changes, the new zones, the new skins, and the new talents. Thank you so much Blizzard. Sorry we had to camp you for like, 6 years. *hugs all of Blizzard anyways* I'm trying so hard not to be greedy, but really I want to run around gibbering and taming anything that flies, crawls, gallops, lopes, hops, bounds, sneaks, knuckles, charges, slithers, or otherwise moves in any sort of fashion whatsoever.

Glee!
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Kaswryn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: (US) Lothar+Grizzly Hills (A) Alleria+Khadgar (H)

Unread post by Kaswryn »

First, I'd like to thank "our lurker" for all the new pets we're getting in cataclysm before pestering them with a suggestion. THANK YOU! :hug:

Now, since most of the unused skins/un-tamable pets I'd like have already been suggested several times in other threads...I'd like to post an idea for a better solution to the Red Hyena to Mastiff "dilemma". Seems like this would be a pretty good place to post this idea.

Instead of the rare in Tanaris being the ONLY below-85 level red hyena, why not change a more common mob to red instead?
Examples (all based on what is listed at the moment as "coming in cataclysm" on the site under each hyena skin):
1) There are 3 Brown Hyenas with different names/levels (so different ID #s?) in Desolace. Surely it wouldn't upset too many people if just one was changed to red?
2) There's also 2 Orange Hyenas, even though they're in different areas and different levels, both are pretty easy to get so it shouldn't cause too many problems to have the higher level on be red (it's nearly the same level as the current red hyenas).
3) Finally there's 2 Yellow Hyenas, again found in different areas/levels, but also shouldn't cause too many problems if the higher one is changed to red. It's even about the same level and comes from an instance like the current red ones.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to change it now/if there's time, but I'd really appreciate just being able to know that come cataclysm I can get my beloved Ammy back with as little heartache as possible.

Edit: REALLY hate to add to this, but I still miss Eyes of the Beast myself...just in case "the lurker" could have any sway in bringing it back.
Last edited by Kaswryn on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bundia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Bundia »

I know there is a bit of a debate about this suggestion, but Zhevras, stags, Elekks, and all of the ungulates. There are people that don't find them appropriate as pets, but one could argue that several of the beasts that we can tame are silly hunter pets (ex. Worms). I have been pining over Swiftmane since forever. I would love to tame him. PLEASE!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

mine would be:

1)shalespider
- gyreworm should be group with shale spider as mineroid
-embrace of the shale spider now known as embrace of the stonemother

2)Rhino
-Rhino's stampede bleed debuff is useless for bm hunter, change it to either armor redux, or stun or disorient.
-if lorewise clefthoof aren't reptile, can you group it as rhino?

3)spirit beast
-make all type of diet available to this group
-charge changed into spirit blow/strike/whatever is appropiate and retains the older version of spirit strike' moonfire visual effect.

4) Boar
-add shoveltusk to the family if it's ok lorewise.

Thanks for reading :)
Mr. Perfect
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mr. Perfect »

Lurker? Some Blizzard employee is floating around then?

Anyhow, I'm thrilled to see the additions to the Turtle department. There where no spiky turtles in TBC or winterized tanks in Wrath, making these two new turtles in Cata the first since vanilla WoW! :headbang: I've had Kresh from Wailing Caverns since my first hunter hit level twenty back in 2006, so maybe I'm biased.
Mr. Perfect - A nickname fraught with peril.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

This is more of a long-term project to fill out underrepresented families.

The following families have very few options:
Three
- Sporebats
Four
- Bats
- Chimaeras
- Devilsaurs
- Rhinos
- Shale Spiders
Five
- Core Hounds
- Dragonhawks
- Foxes
- Gorillas
- Monkeys
- Nether Rays
- Warp Stalkers

Less of a wish list and more of a checklist. ^_^

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I can say you might expect the missing pink dragonhawk skin to appear in an old place soon (but not at release). And many, if not all of the rest of the untamable skins that belong to existing models should appear at the very least on rares in a later patch after release. That's NOT counting all the obscene number of glowing eye cat model versions of skins or gemstone skins. It's not so many now that > 100 have been taken care of so far!

I'm also pretty sure they're still looking towards adding fun new families from old mobs but didn't have time before release. All the added necessary animations would require art or animation work, as well as new powers and balancing, so it would all take a lot of time. Even trying to cut corners by cramming them into existing families wouldn't save much of the required work.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wain wrote:I can say you might expect the missing pink dragonhawk skin to appear in an old place soon (but not at release). And many, if not all of the rest of the untamable skins that belong to existing models should appear at the very least on rares in a later patch after release. That's not counting all the obscene number of glowing eye cat model versions of skins or gemstone skins. It's not so many now that > 100 have been taken care of so far!

I'm also pretty sure they're still looking towards adding fun new families from old mobs but didn't have time before release. All the added necessary animations would require art or animation work, as well as new powers and balancing, so it would all take a lot of time. Even trying to cut corners by cramming them into existing families wouldn't save much of the required work.
*gleeeeeeeee*

And this is all very understandable, considering that some existing pets don't have full animations either.

*resumes hopping excitedly*

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh and yetis are humanoids. Any in the game that aren't are probably mistakes.

I should add that there's a huge difference between requesting a missing skin from the database (see my sticky thread of untamable skins) and requesting more skins for a family where no skins currently exist. The latter requires artists to come up with them in their spare time ;) the former is way simpler.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.