Westminster Dog Show (will you watch it?)

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Westminster Dog Show (will you watch it?)

Unread post by Arwyn »

Today the Westminster Kennel Club will be airing tonight and tomorrow night. A showcase for the top dogs that where chosen the best of their breed and who know are trotting around a ring to be picked as the top dog in the group that breed belongs to..i.e papillions and pomerians are breeds of dogs that are in the toy dog group..its really an interesting thing to watch.

Since I said its interesting to watch of course I'm going to be watching it because I love dogs and the excitement of which dog the judge will pick. Also I'm always rooting for the Blood Hound to win because it's just a homely looking dog.

But will you be watching it? And if so which breed will be rooting for and which breed do you hope takes the Best in Show title?
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Re: Westminster Dog Show (will you watch it?)

Unread post by Aleu »

If I knew what channel it was on. I would watch it. =/ For breeds I'm rooting for... Border Collie, Aussie Shepherd, Shiba Inu, Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamute and American Pit Bull Terrier. My top favorite breeds.

Edit - Found the channel. XD It's USA.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Dulanie »

the extreme amunt of inbreeding that is required for dog shows upsets me, and thereofre I refuse to watch such narrow minded BS as dog shows. IMO they are no different then dog fights.
We don't die. We multiply.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Oh, they are by no means as cruel and brutal as a dog fight, Dulanie. I think that may be a bit of an over-reaction. In certain breeds, certain genetic problems have cropped up due to overbreeding or improper breeding, I grant you that. However, the people responsible for that are, 99.9% of the time, not the people who are the serious competitive breeders in the dog fancy. Those breeders are usually members of the breed's parent club, and obey its code of ethics. They want their dogs to have proper form as well as be able to fulfill their function, and that means either competing in field trials or obedience trials as well as the conformation ring. I have no problem with responsible breeders who show their dogs and do well, and those are the dogs you see at Westminster.

As for me...no, I'm not watching - but it's because I'm an Olympics geek :) . But I am rooting for the Greyhound to do well, as I've had retired racing greyhounds for the last 10 years or so.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Won't be watching, tough...

/tar poodles
/cheer

(I own a poodle. He's awesome.)

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Dulanie wrote:the extreme amunt of inbreeding that is required for dog shows upsets me, and thereofre I refuse to watch such narrow minded BS as dog shows. IMO they are no different then dog fights.
Dogs show is almost like a fashion show. It's a way to show off breeds and the breeders who show their dogs are responsible for their dogs and their genes. Yes, several breeds did come to pass through inbreeding, but overall a inbred dog is not a good show dog. Therefor a breeder would never inbreed them unless their morons. (Like the people who run puppy mills)

Breeders for show dogs are dedicated to their dogs and their breed. I know two show dog breeders and they'd never inbreed.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}