Cataclysm Level Flow (where to go at what level)

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Cataclysm Level Flow (where to go at what level)

Unread post by Royi »

:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Cataclysm Level Flow (where to go at what level)

Unread post by Sarayana »

Mmm I saw that map. There is a very natural flow to the questing as you level from scratch, but I am so confused on my mid-level toons when I go into a zone and find the levels have changed... This is definitely a huge help. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Murloc Chow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US:The Scryers, EU: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Murloc Chow »

Nice find, I was just pondering that issue, thanks.

Artist: Murloc Chow, Medium: msPaint
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Oooh, fantastic. I used to know all the levels by heart, but now that levels have shifted and such....I mean, I was just questing in the formerly 15-20 Stonetalon on my level 31 toon the other day!

This should be very helpful. I agree, if you are a thorough leveler and are going from scratch the quests will usually direct you to the next zone, but not so much if you're starting mid-toon XD

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Sarayana

VelkynKarma wrote:Oooh, fantastic. I used to know all the levels by heart, but now that levels have shifted and such....I mean, I was just questing in the formerly 15-20 Stonetalon on my level 31 toon the other day!

This should be very helpful. I agree, if you are a thorough leveler and are going from scratch the quests will usually direct you to the next zone, but not so much if you're starting mid-toon XD

~VelkynKarma
I have this crazy idea... I'm making a warrior to level with my hubby's mage and we'll probably level as fast as possible cause he hates leveling with a vengeance, but... in order to experience all the new content, I'm making a Loremaster from scratch. My warlock will be going zone by zone (and outleveling a lot of them, I imagine) until she has Loremaster of each. Once she hits 85 (a looooooooong time from now, obviously) she'll sport a fancy title! :D I might even not give her my heirlooms, just so she gets to experience the new leveling gear too! She'll be my "this is how it felt when it was all new (sorta)" toon. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Sarayana wrote:I have this crazy idea... I'm making a warrior to level with my hubby's mage and we'll probably level as fast as possible cause he hates leveling with a vengeance, but... in order to experience all the new content, I'm making a Loremaster from scratch. My warlock will be going zone by zone (and outleveling a lot of them, I imagine) until she has Loremaster of each. Once she hits 85 (a looooooooong time from now, obviously) she'll sport a fancy title! :D I might even not give her my heirlooms, just so she gets to experience the new leveling gear too! She'll be my "this is how it felt when it was all new (sorta)" toon. :)
^^ Possibly clinically insane

~you should just level one person of each Race then you can experience all starting areas since out of the 10 they should all cover the entire world!!!

Hrm, where is the Goblin capital located again?
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Sarayana wrote: might even not give her my heirlooms, just so she gets to experience the new leveling gear too! She'll be my "this is how it felt when it was all new (sorta)" toon. :)
I've been leveling my troll druid without heirlooms because I am still unable to afford them (XD) and it's honestly not that bad. It's been going incredibly fast; in fact, Dumisani outstripped Azshara and Ashenvale. Most of those quests were green before she was done with either zone. Leveling just zips by now.

In fact I imagine if you did it WITH heirlooms you'd outstrip them even faster and wouldn't be able to finish the zone before your level outranked it. So better to do without I think. :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Feath3r
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Feath3r »

I have a single piece of BOA gear (Holy Pally, never done healing on a Pally so I wanted a little bump to help me out) and my buddy is a Mage who doesn't have any BOA gear and he caught up to me. I was 22 and he was 10 and he hit 18 when I hit 24 (I stopped for 20 minutes to let me catch up, but got bored waiting lol)

Questing is giving some fairly big exp rewards or the enemies are, because I outleveled Redridge before they sent me there via quests, didn't even finish the whole thing with Sentinal Hill before they shipped me off.

They also tried to send me to Stranglethrorn before I finished Duskwood (which they sent me to as soon as I did one quest in Redridge) but I stayed to finish the whole Raven Hill line (which I recommend, the part with the catacombs is really cool. The atmosphere is great in there) though I haven't outleveled Northern Vale yet. My buddy said they sent him off at about the same point and he didn't manage to get more than two or three quests into the whole Rambo thing before he was sent off to Duskwood as well. He seems to be about five or less quests behind me.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Thanks so much for the map! I have to admit, I've been kind of lost since 4.0.3a came out :oops:

For any Horde players, even non-Forsaken, I'd definately recommend doing the questline from Brill into Silverpine Forest, if you want to hear the Forsaken's post-dead-Lich-King story. It's just ... wow. I've never been prouder to have two Undead in my character list. (Emielee, my lvl 80 warlock, and Lydeea my new Hunter, adopted mother and daughter)

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I know! The Tirisfal->Silverpine->Hillsbrad chain is just jaw dropping. 40% of my characters are Undead. They have most certainly jumped up to my favourite race in all of WoW. I've always loved the Forsaken, but they were tied with Trolls and Blood Elves as my favourite race. No contest anymore.

Hail to the Forsaken! Glory to the Banshee Queen!
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Speaking of the banshee queen, has anyone done the quest with Sylvanas and the Valk'nayar? I wont say anymore but that seems to be a interesting lore storyline. I assume Veph you've partook in the awesomeness.

Maybe I can figure out a good way for my Goblin hunter to show loyalty to the banshee queen and become a faithful servant of Undercity. That would be a neat twist :)

But oddly enough, my two favorite races of horde are the Undead and Tauren (lorewise) and they are er...... somewhat.....not on the best of terms
Feath3r
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Feath3r »

I don't think these are spoilers since there aren't specifics, but you know. Caution and such.

My Forsaken are waiting to find out what happens to Koltira. He's the one who is going to determine where their loyalties lie.

(Anyone know where that questline continues?)
Sarayana

Royi wrote:Speaking of the banshee queen, has anyone done the quest with Sylvanas and the Valk'nayar? I wont say anymore but that seems to be a interesting lore storyline. I assume Veph you've partook in the awesomeness.

Maybe I can figure out a good way for my Goblin hunter to show loyalty to the banshee queen and become a faithful servant of Undercity. That would be a neat twist :)
Well practically, all you gotta do is run your goblin to US and buy the tabard. Should get you exalted and able to get the bony ponies quickly, plus the tabard will clearly show your allegiances. Aside from that, I'd recommend questing there. I'm sure you'll find lots of flavour items to keep on your toon as tokens of loyalty. :)

Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Ok. So.. We can choose Vashj'ir or Mount Hyjal? Prolonged under watery things make me feel weird.. totally going with Hyjal.

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

appears that way, I just know I want a Camel mount. I think those are from Uldum and then the Spectral Wolf from Tol Barad.

Either way under a week!