Nesingway Petopians, Any ideas how to level Guild up fast?

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Nesingway Petopians, Any ideas how to level Guild up fast?

Unread post by Royi »

Heyas, I was wondering with Cata coming out, are there any plans on how to Level our Guild to the Nth degree?

I wouldn't mind some of those neat little bonuses, and was curious on what exactly we can do to perhaps get the Guild Level ball rollin'

I know something with running dungeons together, but I think there should be added feats and added EXP for things done entirely with Hunters :)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Re: Nesingway Petopians, Any ideas how to level Guild up fas

Unread post by Andine »

From my experience from the beta, if you want to level up guild fast, invite a shedload of people to it. Sure, you'll have something like 100 people who have nothing to do with the guild and just bear its name under their name, but you will be soon at 25.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Andine wrote:From my experience from the beta, if you want to level up guild fast, invite a shedload of people to it. Sure, you'll have something like 100 people who have nothing to do with the guild and just bear its name under their name, but you will be soon at 25.
Yeah I know thats not a route that Petopians would take just inviting anyone in, most people leave anyways after the first round of Licks from Ryno...
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Andine »

Yeah, I was just saying, that's been the most popular way. Then just run a lot of guild dungeons, it supposedly helps with rep and guild level much.
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I read somewhere that guild achievements will help level your guild above the weekly exp cap, so it might be a good idea to get some groups together and knock out a bunch of guild achievements. Aside from that, I think that leveling and working on professions will be a major element. With so many alts it'll probably go rather quickly just for that reason.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Yeah, I figured that if we just do what we do normally, it'll level itself in time.

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Andine wrote:From my experience from the beta, if you want to level up guild fast, invite a shedload of people to it. Sure, you'll have something like 100 people who have nothing to do with the guild and just bear its name under their name, but you will be soon at 25.
Petopians horde side allready has a "Shedload" of people. 440 te be exact lmao, and with goblins becoming playable that just might increase
Sarayana

Is that players or characters, Redith? Don't forget that one person can't play all their toons at once... that will definitely slow things a bit (though I do think the guild leveling process is boosted by having many alts).

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Cryptography
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dath'Remar, Cael, Moonguard, VeCo, Ness'ary (USA)

Unread post by Cryptography »

/ginfo tells you guild composition. Way back when it was at about 220 characters in guild, we had 116 accounts involved. At over 440 charcters now, I think that well qualifies as "Shedloads"
Sarayana

Well... Since 4.0.3, I've added two new alts to the guild. I'm assuming I'm not the only one. ;)

(And my point was whether he had looked us up in the armory or typed /ginfo. ;))

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

We were halfway to lvl 2 when I last logged off this mornin'

Does doing quests together as a group add to Guild XP? Or is it only dungeon runs and raids?
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Andine »

I think even doing quests solo does level up the guild, albeit slowly. One of my chars on the beta was alone most of the time (all other guildies left at some point - perhaps for raiding guilds), and the guild still reached 25 from 23, just with me - though it took a while.

People start picking up that "shedload". :D It's just a funny euphemisms I picked up from Doctor Who.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Don't forget there is a daily cap on Guild Level points too. Yesterday we hit cap just by people questing and whatnot, about 76%-ish to level 2 I believe. No matter how many events we get together, dungeons we run, or characters we level, I'm pretty sure we can't level past the maximum daily cap, so there's no need to rush in the end.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

for level 2 it said increased EXP by 5%. Anyone know if that work for anyone whos in the guild?
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I'm pretty sure it applies to every toon that is registered as being in the "Petopians" guild.

Not sure if it's related to that toon's individual rep with the guild, though.

(Kinda annoyed; Hadyn is already maxed out on guild rep he can earn for the week. I can understand putting guild level exp caps up, but why rep caps per week for individual toons? Now that I know questing gives him rep, part of me feels like if I keep plowing ahead and questing more when I'm not getting guild rep, I'm just wasting perfectly good rep opportunities...)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons