Total votes: 12

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Card Games

Unread post by Zangor »

hello thar petopia it is i zangor

i want to talk to you about TCGs (trading card games)
i personally play and collect magic the gathering and world of warcraft TCG
i want to know what you guys play and if you have any prized cards :) (a link to a picture of that card would be awsome too)
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Re: Card Games

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I used to play Magic, the gathering.
But that was a long time ago and when I finally realized how much money I've burnt on those cards, it made me stop and never touch any TCG ever again.

Now I burn my money on WoW.
Is that any better?
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I don't really play any card games, but I do have a collection of Pokemon cards. XD

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

Well...I've had Pokémon cards ever since i was little. Loved the show, the games and the cards. My prized cards for Pokémon have to be my Shiny Deoxys, Moltres (1995), Acticunox2 (1995), Shiny Zapdos 1st Edition (1995), Shiny Zapdos, Shiny Latios, Latiasx2, Mew (Also have an Ancient Mew card that's probably a fake), Shiny Mewtwo 2nd Edition then 5 more shinies of that card, Seven Promo cards of Mewtwo (4 of the same picture and the other 3 are different), 2 Promo Pikachu's, Promo Dragonite and a Promo Unown which i love as it's my First initial.

My Yu-Gi-Oh cards i had nearly as many of Pokémon cards, but in Year 6 some punk stole some extremely rare cards. The name's might be wrong but i think he stole a red eyes black Dragon, 3 blue eyed white dragons and whatever they transform into, and a ton of other shiny rare cards. But i started again with the newer cards a few years afterwards, but the collection was never as great. I also got some God cards was it? but where they've gone i have no idea. But i did have amazing deck with fire and dark cards. My prized Dark card is probably Vampire Genesis and my Flame card is Infernal Flame Emperor 1st Edition shiny buffed with my Salamandra shiny. I later went and got myself an Earth deck a year or two later with my friend. My prized card there is probably Exxod, Master of The Guard 1st Edition Shiny with my Megarock Dragon 1st Edition...Although i never really got into these cards as they were new and i got bored of the show.

There was also a show called Duelmasters, which i got into a got myself a ton of cards. I only ever met one other person at my middle school who collected them, so it wasn't a popular show. I can't find any of those decks at the moment, but i think the fire one wsa probably my favourite, from what i can remember.

When i found out about the WoW TCG i instantly said to myself "MUST HAVE!", mainly for the loot cards. I was also hoping for some Hunter cards too, i have a few but none of them are realy prized. If i had to choose my favourite WoW card is probably Hootie.

I think that's all for cards...Obviously there were some bad quality cards in the name of real shows/cards. The sort you get from magazines or a McDonalds. I remember having some Nintendo cards with a Nintendo magazine i got...They sucked though, and no one else had 'em.

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I collect Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon cards.

It's more of a past time, since I have no idea how to play with only cards (haha, I fail), but I have been able to collect some awesome looking ones. I have, like, three Red-Eyes Black Dragons, but that's mostly cause I favor dragon cards over anything else in my deck, except maybe my beasts. :roll:

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Kamalia
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

I have a collection of Pokemon cards somewhere that I absolutely loved when I was younger. But you see, I never actually played with them... I just thought they were pretty, I liked the art, and therefore rejoiced whenever my cousins or neighbors gave me a card. I think I've still got my favorite shiny ninetales card somewhere in my closet. :lol:

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mm, nah I'm not really into collector card games at all.

In elementary school I used to get Pokemon cards (I'm sure I still have that stack of them somewhere), but I never even learned how to play the game, I just liked collecting them. xD I have a few of the WoW tcg's, but they were usually gifts or hopes of getting a loot card.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Got a very large collection of the pokemon cards stashed away... a decent chunk of the digimon cards... quite a few Warcraft cards...

That's about it. I just collect. Don't really play.

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

I used to play the Pokemon TCG... but not seriously. I collected them like crazy, though, even Japanese booster packs. I have a binder that must weigh at least 5lb... back at my parents house :lol:

Sister tried to get me into Magic, but it wasn't for me. Not really big on card games. I did like some of the art on them, though :3
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I used to collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards years ago, and knew how to play. Mostly I played online with a friend.

I still have all of them somewhere in an official card tin, but I don't really play anymore, haha.

Tried to learn Magic once...could not wrap my head around it for the life of me.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons