Best PvP Pet Out There?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Darktear

Best PvP Pet Out There?

Unread post by Darktear »

I was wondering what pet is best for PvP. I have a night elf hunter level 14. I have a cat right now and it's not really helping much it's okay but not great.
Quru
Realm: Hydraxis

Re: Best PvP Pet Out There?

Unread post by Quru »

Spiders/crabs are generally considered to be the best PvP pet if you don't have the 51 pt BM talent

Chimaeras are great if you do, though
[Signature] Epic Signature [/Signature]
Darktear

Unread post by Darktear »

I don't really want a spider because spiders creep me out. I need a good pet around my 1-15 I know 15 is a level higher than me but I could still tame one.
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Darktear wrote:I know 15 is a level higher than me but I could still tame one.
No you can't. You can only tame pets at your level or lower.

Either way, Quru gave good advice. If you're not keen on spiders (and I can totally understand the arachnophobia thing) then try out a crab. Hyenas are good too, and you can get some as low as level 13.

Try it out, look around on petopia, and have fun with it. Ultimately, in my experience, you'll end up with a pet you bond with rather than the "best" pvp pet.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

if your planning to do some pvp at those lvls i highly recomend a pet with a stronger dot, stun or maybe disarm.

I had a lil semi twink girl(lvl 19) a while ago and she had a serpent(your not high enough to tame one YET)
And it ate up those poor casters! i would say scorpid too but sins they nerfed its poison to never stack it doesnt do just as well.

Owls are great to stop those damned warriors, pallies and enhanchment shammans thanks to its disarm.
i dont know if it steals both of the rogues weapons but it will still annoy them for sure.

as mentioned spiders and crabs both have a stunn
But they forgot to mention that so does Bats!!
but if none are of your taste then maybe a Hyena.
it doesnt stunn but slows the target. so kinda like and extra concussive shot.

Most of these are available at your curent lvl, exept the serpent. though many require a long "ghost walk".

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Athulryes
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Athulryes »

Ravagers are good. They don't quite have a stun but they knockback enemies so I'm not sure if stun immunity still effects it or not, but eitherway its generally the same as stunning someone : ) (By knockback I mean when they use the ability they fall on their arse)
sargeaw
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Norgannon

Unread post by sargeaw »

As much as Ive tried out differnet pets at lvl 45 now. I seem to have good luck with Wolves too in PvP as their DPS buff is helpful, also Raptors are not too bad. The only time I like Cats for PvP is if im defending the flag room in Warsong so Ican use Shadowmeld as I am a Night Elf, and the have prowl (stealth) so I can hide and punce on would be flag takers. you can get several models of wolf around your lvl. and I believe Raptors are not far off