Rare Pet Respawn Timers

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Rare Pet Respawn Timers

Unread post by Cozzene »

Kalliope wrote:
Cozzene wrote:Aww I love his new colour =( There ae some felboars in SMV with his skin, but I'm not sure if they have been flagged tameable. That would be great... /wish.
All the felboars got flagged. ^_^
:O I thought it was only a few?? RAD.
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21195 These are the ones that I believe have the same skin that Grunter's getting...? Yes? Or just close to the same? His spawn timer is driving me up the wall.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Cozzene wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
Cozzene wrote:Aww I love his new colour =( There ae some felboars in SMV with his skin, but I'm not sure if they have been flagged tameable. That would be great... /wish.
All the felboars got flagged. ^_^
:O I thought it was only a few?? RAD.
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21195 These are the ones that I believe have the same skin that Grunter's getting...? Yes? Or just close to the same? His spawn timer is driving me up the wall.
Yep, that's the skin. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Well... Grunter can go jump in a lake. 2 weeks of nothing but Ravage. I'm over it >_<
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Loq was tamed @ 3pm Server time (6pm EST) on my server by another hunter.
saphia

Unread post by saphia »

I think gondria on my relam is closer to 8 to 10 hours as i have seen her two or three times in a day normally at the same spawn point as well though she does have more than one.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Teigan wrote:I've seen the Strider Clutchmother respawn in under 5 minutes, but I don't know if that is typical.
he does have approx 12-24 hour timer supposedly, after server shut down he spawned 21 hours later and i tamed after that spawn 24 hours and 3 minutes later

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Kalliope

Xakaal wrote:
Teigan wrote:I've seen the Strider Clutchmother respawn in under 5 minutes, but I don't know if that is typical.
he does have approx 12-24 hour timer supposedly, after server shut down he spawned 21 hours later and i tamed after that spawn 24 hours and 3 minutes later
Clutchmother is not a 12-24h spawn. Even with varying numbers across servers, it's definitely not that long a timer for a lowbie rare. :)

YouTube Edition

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Kalliope wrote:
Xakaal wrote:
Clutchmother is not a 12-24h spawn. Even with varying numbers across servers, it's definitely not that long a timer for a lowbie rare. :)
Maybe they confused Clutchmother with a different mob? As yeah even BEFORE the shattering, Clutchmother could spawn in like 10 minutes. She spawned as fast as Mazz, or FASTER lol.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Perhaps Xakaal means the new Clutchmother?

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kalliope

Sarayana wrote:Perhaps Xakaal means the new Clutchmother?
Maybe, except her spawn timer isn't that long either. x_X

YouTube Edition

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Errr.... i just came back to this thread since my last post---- I swear i had replied to someone talking about Arcturis the Spirit Beat LOL i apologize xD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Kiera
Realm: Mannoroth

Unread post by Kiera »

I have been camping Skoll on Mannoroth all weekend and I keep missing him :*(

Last confirmed spawn time was 2:19am and it is going on 5:00pm and still no sign of him. . .

I think I am cursed!
Harvoc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank

Unread post by Harvoc »

Hey guys, first time posting a comment! Been using Petopia and reading its forums for a couple of months now but never felt the need to post a comment until now. While poking around the resource threads, I noticed yours and thought that it might help me find Aotona better. Well, I checked out Petopia's Rare Pets page as well and noticed that you're missing some pets from your list: Blind Hunter, Silithid Harvester (you put Silithid Ravager instead), Albino Eyegouger, Emberwing, Sambas, Pogeyan, Mahamba, Gosh-Haldir, Bayne, Verek, Rokad the Ravager, Ashtail, Tsul'Kalu, Galak Packhound, Slaverjaw, Ravasaur Matriarch, Scorpitar, Madexx, Jadefang, Krkk'kx, Harakiss the Infestor, Ainamiss the Hive Queen, Ghostcrawler, Karoma, Terrorpene, Rex'Ashil, Zora, Qirot, Nix, and Ghost Howl. I'll check through Wowhead as well to see if any are missing from Petopia's list. And then after that, I'll check out any info on the spawn timers of the current list and of the ones that I just listed. Hope I helped!
Taalshundaaz
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Taalshundaaz »

This week on Vek'nilash, Sambas was tamed within 10 minutes after Karoma spawned and was tamed, then Sambas was tamed again approximately 18 hours later. Was unable to check 6 and 12 hour ticks, and did not observe Sambas spawn ether time. Jadefang spawned for a second time to be tamed exactly 9 hours and 8 minutes after observing the initial spawn and tame at exactly 4:00 PM realm time. More detail at http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 66#p235766.
Last edited by Taalshundaaz on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dizzy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Dizzy »

I don't know if this was said already (sorry if it was..)
I'm pretty sure for WoTLK mobs (i can't confirm that cata or azeroth follow this pattern, but Wrath rares do.)
that they don't really have a 'set respawn'
every rare's respawn is about 10 minutes.
A guild took advantage of this and got their whole guild time lost proto drakes.
what they did was they put a guild member in every single rare spawn location over northrend.
Every 10 minutes, a rare would spawn. so they would basically 'force spawn' time-lost.
So TECHNICALLY for Wrath of the lich king rares, if you had a lot of friends or went around killing the rares yourself (which would be a lot harder since you can't really determine which rare spawned and when)
you could 'force' spawn a rare.

i'm sure it has more looking into, but i doubt a full guild would be lying about getting the protos.

i hope this helped at all, sorry i can't give more details about the whole thing.
Boyfriend notified me about it and i thought to inform you guys right away ; n ;
Taalshundaaz
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Taalshundaaz »

Logged in Wednesday, April 27, 2011 around 7:15 AM realm time on Vek'nilash, and there was Arcturis crouched in his spawn area. Began to set up tame and *wham* disconnected from server by a rolling restart. Logged back in about 7:00 PM realm time and camped for about 9 hours, mostly continuously, but Arcturis never showed. Logged back in on Thursday, April 28, 2011 around 6:55 AM realm time, and there was Arcturis again crouched in his spawn area. Walked over and tamed without incident this time around. Karoma, Sambas, Skoll, Jadefang, and Arcturis, tamed so far. Ghostcrawler next, I hope!
Caanin
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Caanin »

Hey this is my first time posting on these forums, though I have been utilizing Petopia since vanilla WOW. Currently I've been camping Terrorpene for about 3 days (broken) time, let's just say I have fished up more then 450 Volatile Fires. After camping for almost 6 hours last night, I took a bio break, came back with my NPC_Scan blaring and there was a Dwarf Hunter completing the tame on Terrorpene. Initially I was devasted, but after crying on my keyboard I realized that I now had a time-frame to work with. The tame occured at 12:20am PST(1:20 realm time), so I decided to get some sleep.

Upon logging out I saw the announcement of rolling restarts at 5:00am PST so I was dismayed. Unsure if this would reset the timer or not I got up at 5am and checked and decided my time frame would be off his last tame time and the restart time. As of yet still no Terrorpene and I have surpassed the 12hr mark from the tame time.

I'm posting here because I have read through tons of rare timer posts(including this thread) looking for clues and there is one idea that keeps occurring to me that few if any have mentioned...is it possible that these rare expansion mobs from WOTLK and Cata work on a random generator as well a spawn timer? For example, perhaps Terrorpene has a 6hr timer, so every 6hrs his timer comes up and the game uses a RNG to determine if he will spawn or not, during that spawn time he thus could have a 50/50 chance, or even a 1 in 5 chance to spawn during that timer event, depending on how rare Blizz made him? So every 6 hours there is a spawn timer event, a RNG is rolled and he either spawns or doesn't (I don't know if restarts change his timer...). This would work with rares like TLPD who share a spawn timer/chance with other rares.

Any thoughts??? For the record I have never camped a rare pet before. During WotLK I was lucky enough to stumble upon every Spirit Beast and even King Krush, though I never wanted him. This turtle has become an obsession for me unlike any other rare pet ever in the game.
yelo
Realm: Karazhan

Unread post by yelo »

Hi, I used this thread to help get the rare cat in sholazar (cant remember how to spell its name loque something), and I just thought I'd share what happened.
I was looking for this cat for about a day but I found king krush instead this morning around 10:30.
So I tamed him and took a break from wow for about 40miuntes.

Came back online, flew to the Loque's most frequent spawn place and there he was.
This makes me think the two have similar timers, or are related in some shape or form. Proves to me that they dont share a timer though.
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

So a question about the Northrend timers, then:

As we know, Cataclysm has moved the population over to Kalimdor and EK, making a desert of Northrend. Are the timers still the same, as there's less people looking and killing for rares or rare elites?
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Vannille
Realm: Darkspear (US)

Unread post by Vannille »

You forgot a pet I noticed was a rare spawn! :D His name is Pogeyan (cat species).
I'm currently spawn camping Arcturius' spawn but with no luck (and alliance players ganking me EVERY chance they get) so far... it's a real bummer. D: Hoping to get some results.
You were wanting to know certain spawn points. I've downloaded the add ons NPCscan and NPCscanOverlay. They ARE SUPER helpful and they show you rare spawn tracks. It's a very helpful hunter tool. I'll be your best friend.