"Max Number of Login Attempts"

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

"Max Number of Login Attempts"

Unread post by Acherontia »

I auto-log-in when I visit the site. I had a message when I logged on today saying that I'd reached the maximum number of login attempts, and that I needed to fill out a Captcha thingy. Thing is, I just woke up.

So uh, is someone trying to get into my Petopia account? O.o If so, any way of finding out the IP? And if not, is anyone else having this problem & know the source?

Thanks!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: "Max Number of Login Attempts"

Unread post by Azunara »

I had the same issue last night at about 12:30 in the morning, my time. My internet died, so I rebooted it, logged in and tried to go for it. It gave me the captcha, and when I logged in my info, same error. So I refreshed and tried again and managed to log in. No issue with that this morning.

Edit: Just happened again.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Hmm, just happened again for me, although rather than a captcha, it gave me a pet quiz :lol:

Can a mod check if my account's trying to be logged in to, if you know what I mean, multiple times or from another IP, or is this not possible? Or does anyone know if the randomly-appearing "max number of login attempts" is an error?

Thanks!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I know Mania's working on some new things to ward away the influx of spammers we've been getting lately. The captcha doesn't seem to be doing it so she's trying a pet quiz as a more involved method of signing up and such to perhaps stem the flow of spam.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I had this happen to me the other day. I noticed I had been logged out and when I tried to log in again I got the max number of attempts message.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to enter the confirm code from the image you see below.
:x It just took me 18 tries, to be exact to log it. I know there are some not so good things happening but that is frustrating when I got it on my first login attempt and I hadn't entered anything incorrectly.
I also answered the question at the bottom correctly and it still wouldn't let me in.

Damn that dragon Deathwing! Stealing my petopia!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Ugh! That sounds miserable.

I suspect that this is related to the slowdowns we've seen recently. I know that I've been having similar problems with the blogs. I've made some tweaks that may help for the time being and we're still trying out different things to fix the slow down.