Spiteflayer

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Murloc Chow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US:The Scryers, EU: Steamwheedle Cartel

Spiteflayer

Unread post by Murloc Chow »

I was taxi’ing over Blasted Lands, one eye on the ground looking for nodes, and any interesting activity. There was a flicker of yellow beneath me, and a yellow bird appeared and faded out! I saw a flash of fire on him, and thought maybe he was being attacked already, but decided to check it out anyways. I landed, flew over there as fast as my wings (Flightform) would carry me, and found nary a trace, not even a corpse. Intrigued, I hopped on my Hunter, who was on the wrong continent, and no where near a city, so had an impatient flight to the nearest city. Hopped through the Blasted Lands portal, and scoured the air and land for a sign of him. Nothing, nothing, nothing! I spam this macro (it give you a nice big star to show the way, with the bonus of being able to see it behind hills and trees and the like):

/cleartarget
/target Spiteflayer
/script SetRaidTarget("target", 1)

Suddenly, like magic he pops up behind me, I swing around, get aggro, drop to ground and my current pet almost kills him! Oops. Pet on passive, dismiss pet, tame! For the whole adventure I was giving my sister a play by play, much to her bemusement. She’s new to the game, and has yet to know the thrill of rare hunts.

So now I’m the proud owner of a fancy, flappy birdy! Now to think of a name.

Artist: Murloc Chow, Medium: msPaint
Mearra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon mainly, KilJaeden, Auchindoun.

Re: Spiteflayer

Unread post by Mearra »

Grats on your banana parrot ^^, j/k.
Gorgeous colors, glad you found him.
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Congratulations! He's such a pretty birdie, glad you got him. :)
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I killed this guy on my warrior when I was gathering herbs for inscription, and I sorely regret it now. I ended up liking his color a lot and I fly by the Blasted Lands every so often - I can usually find close to three-four rares up, but none of them are ever Spiteflayer. :( I think I've cursed myself.

Grats on your tame though! He really is a dashing bird. :)

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Murloc Chow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Thank-you guys :) and good luck Nubhorns, I always find that I see the rares I want when I'm on the wrong character, and the wrong server! :roll:

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I have Spiteflayer and I love him despite his...uh... unusual color. And though I named him Malachi, one of my guildmates keep insisting he is Beezus, the Savior of Bees.

And now... all I can think of every time I pull him out is Beezus. XD (I dunno, my guild's kind of peculiar.)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Murloc Chow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I jinxed myself :( yesterday I said out loud that I never see rares unless I’m on the wrong realm, and guess what! Last night when I was on my DK in Netherstorm, who do you think came and tried to fry me!? Numeroc!! I have never seen him before, and BANG! there he is, and me on my server with only my lvl 12 Hunter :roll: Yeesh!