I got skoll!!! what about a name now?

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

I got skoll!!! what about a name now?

Unread post by Dakonic »

I got skoll last night at 1:20! ugh i was 3 minutes from logging off too! At the moment his name is marrok, but id like somthing else.

I like names that sound cool and have meanings to them from diffrent cultures! like Naraku witch is hell in japanese. Anything that means somthing to do with wolves power lighting i dont realy care! =]
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Saturo

Re: I got skoll!!! what about a name now?

Unread post by Saturo »

Thor, Oden, Loken, Loki, Jörmungandr.

All Norse names. And I do not really know what they are. Except for Thor and Oden. And Loki. And Jörmungandr. Thor is the lightning god, Oden is the father of the gods, and as far as I know, Loki is the "trickster" god.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

I named my Skoll; Frostfang

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

In Greek, Zeus is the supreme ruler. He was Lord of the Sky, the Rain-god and the Cloud-gatherer, who wielded the awful thunder-bolt. The Greeks worshipped him because rain was an important necessity for agriculture, but feared his random lightning strikes.1

The Romans had the same god except he was called Jupiter.1

In Norse the god is Thor. Thor controls the sky, thunder and lightning.1

The Japanese has a god whose name is Susanowo. This is a spiteful storm god of Shinto belief. He was God of tempest. Instead of looking after the oceans, Susanowo just hung around in heaven and on earth, causing trouble wherever he went. He uprooted trees, destroyed rice paddies, and knocked down buildings. Some believe he and his powerful storms are still causing mischief on earth.1

The Egyptian god is Set also known as Seth. He is lord of the desert and god of storms, confusion, and destruction.1

The Aztec had a god named Tlaloc. This fearsome god was the bringer not only of beneficial rain but of storms, killing lightning bolts, flood, and disease.2

In Babylonian they have Enlil. A god of the wind. Enlil acted as Anu's enforcer, destroying mortal cities that refuses to pay tribute and enemies with lightning, hurricanes, and tornadoes.2

India has a god of storms and warriors. His name is Indra.2

Persians god is Vayu. He is god of the winds. Vayu controls the winds, storms and lightning.2

The Brule Sioux Indians god is Wakinyan Tanka. The great Thunderbird. There are also four large, old Thunderbirds, one for each direction - north, east, south, west. They are wrapped in robes of dark clouds. Their symbol is the zigzag lightning, forked at the ends. If you lie, the Wakinyan will kill you with their lightning bolts. so the Sioux believe the thunderbirds stand for rain, fire, and the truth.3

The Miwok Indians believe that whenever the fawn girls known as Thunders, ran around in the sky they made rain and hail fall. The sound of thunder was made from the two fawn girls running with the dried bear skin who tried to eat them. The pieces of skin crackled loudly to make thunder.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, for a Japanese name I like Raiden. He was the god of thunder and lightning which sounds perfect to me. :)
Hanuremeap
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tenenas

Unread post by Hanuremeap »

and as far as I know, Loki is the "trickster" god.
Yeah he is the 'trickster' god. I also know that Loki was the mother of the 8 legged horse Sleipnir :)

As for names for Skoll, Ekaitz (pronounced Ek-eye-tz) means "storm" in Basque.

Hanuremeap & Kreature

My Dragon Cave

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

Loki is also thor's brother and oden in his father =], i want somthing more uncommon though, thanks for the suggestions! There are some i like the tought part is deciding lol
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image