Pet stable Size Is not ENOUGH!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Re: Pet stable Size Is not ENOUGH!

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Solution: roll moar hunters! :D *hugs Voltera*

And I STILL need more slots! D:

bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Unread post by bloodysam »

I say they make let us have as many slot has we want but you either have to buy then or do achivements for them that would be awwsome. but make every1 have 25 lowest

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I would kill for more stable slots now >> the new saber skins in WS are just amazing when out in normal lighting
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Moonlost wrote:*Shakes cane* I remember when we had only 3 stable slots, and we had to keep one free so we could learn all the wild pet skills! Those were the days, back when we didn't have those fancy-smancy talent trees for our pets, and Devilsaurs were only fer skinnin'. We were happy to get two more stables! You young'ns today, with yer Spirit Beasts and yer Chimerodons and yer Core Dogs and yer Intestinal Worms and yer iPods and yer- *Rambles on into infinity*

Hehe, on the serious side, I feel 25 slots is more than generous. Too many more and pet choice becomes meaningless. It's meant to be hard to pick your stable slots, that way you can decide between pets you really care about and those you tamed on impulse for whatever reason.
^^This. 100%

If anything, yes roll another hunter but yes I was around when there was only three slots and so to go from 3 to five, to me was like hitting a little gold mine. Then when we were graciously given 25 slots it was hitting the mother load to me. I am exceedingly grateful for what we have been given.
I have multiple hunters because not EVERY pet goes or meshes with each character. All of my girls have open slots simply because, for me, I don't want to keep a pet I'm just not attached to.
So yeah. Agree with Moonlost. Be thankful we were generously given 25. :D :hug:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I don't think we need any more. As it was mentioned before, any more and it sort of loses it's meaning. You can't befriend every creature on Azeroth(and beyond!) at once.

I went into it saying "I'm only going to keep the pets I love and know I'll use" and I still have maybe ten, nine slots left. I dropped a lot of my older pets back when we only had 5 slots, and I'm slowly picking them back up(Vince the blighthound/dog and Scratchfever the lion come to mind, although I might retame Peaches as her old skin), but I know I can't use them all at once and some of my newer pets are close to my heart as well. Spider(Karoma) never leaves my roster since I can always use the heals, and Kiwi the...er, King Krush is out and about pretty frequently too. I picked up an Amani Dragonhawk who I love dearly, but if I don't get him a name soon I feel like I might lose interest. My original five pets stayed because of their names, the stories behind them and the art I've done of them - if they don't get that out of game attention, I kinda stop caring.

I tend to get anxious when I have fewer than five slots open at a time, and a lot of pets are released due to that. I'm pretty sure Ghostcrawler and my panther Vitriol are probably gonna be the next to go. Already have a spirit beast and a cat.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Tessara
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Silver Hand US (Horde)

Unread post by Tessara »

Taluwen wrote:I agree.....25 isnt enough. We should be able to buy more slots...like 10g each or something.
I agree with this! I'd be willing to pay for more slots! I'm already pulling out hair when I think of all the new pets and my already full stable! ;)

Pyrotess - <Dreadblade Asssassins> - Silver Hand US
"Good, Bad, I'm the girl with the gun."

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Some hunters will complain about stable slots until Blizz gives hunters 1 stable spot for each invidual skin for each species of pet.

(2 expansions in the future) WHAT??? only 60 stable slots!!! there are still 79 skins out there of various other pets i'll never actually use but i need them since i dont have them! We need at least 150!

I think 10 is a good number to have, anything more is just uneeded. I would guess there are very few hunters that actually USE all 25 pets.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Considering we're supposed to be pet people here, it's a little mean to say you don't need more than 10, for example. YOU may not need more than 5 or 10, but what about all of the collectors out there? The people who feel that they have to have every single spirit beast and to still have their other favorite pets.

I personally can probably make do with 25, but I hate the idea that I need to keep rolling hunters to keep up with the massive amount of really awesome pets that Blizzard keeps releasing. My stables are crammed at the moment and I do my best to cycle through my pets; it would be nice to have the space to add more pets as they come. As it is, with this upcoming patch, I'll definitely be dropping my wolf for a hydra (providing hydras are non-exotic) and my Rak'Shiri for one of the new cat models.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

It's interesting to see the vast amount of opinions on this issue; I'm shocked so many don't want more room for pets- I wish I could feel the same way hehe.

I think merely having the option, as I said in my earlier post, to buy the slots as a gold sink, or purchased from someone as a craftable from a profession would be perfect. That way, the people who are fine with a few pets are already set, and the collectors, RPers, or people who don't have the time/motivation/etc to level more hunters can be satisfied with the choice to purchase extra space as time goes on.

I know I can't be the only one who loves to make storylines for their characters and pets, even if they don't RP. Each of my pets mean something to me and I create a background for them if we click. I don't need 100 slots, I personally would be fine with even just a handful more, but I wouldn't turn it down :lol:, who knows what awesome beasts may show up in game waiting to become a faithful companion?
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

I'd say that the vast majority of hunters are pet collectors (whether it be for raiding, accessorizing/RP, or for multiple PVP/PVE reasons). If Blizz continues to roll out more unique pets, most hunters are going to want more stable slots. That's just the way it is. ;) I say, why not? It wouldn't be hurting anything to add more slots for the hunters who are hurting for space. I vote YES for more stable slots.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I have (at last count) 34 pets / potential pets already named and slated for my main. And I rotate the 25 I have frequently. I do have something like 5 alt hunters but they each have their own pet schemes, plus the pets I really love I want on my main, period . So I would love an option for more pet slots - why not make it a gold sink so those who want to have them can and those who don't, don't need to spend their gold :)
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Considering we're supposed to be pet people here, it's a little mean to say you don't need more than 10, for example. YOU may not need more than 5 or 10, but what about all of the collectors out there? The people who feel that they have to have every single spirit beast and to still have their other favorite pets.

I personally can probably make do with 25, but I hate the idea that I need to keep rolling hunters to keep up with the massive amount of really awesome pets that Blizzard keeps releasing. My stables are crammed at the moment and I do my best to cycle through my pets; it would be nice to have the space to add more pets as they come. As it is, with this upcoming patch, I'll definitely be dropping my wolf for a hydra (providing hydras are non-exotic) and my Rak'Shiri for one of the new cat models.
i'm not trying to be mean, it was a IMO i would have been happy if they bumped it from 5 to 10 slots, that i felt 25 slots was a bit unecessary (but not a bad thing).

How many of your 25 pets do you actually USE though? That was my main question

I used to be one who HAD to have all the rares, but i realized that I didnt even use half of my 25 slots. I'm just one who just doesn't want things that I wont use (call it a Wow-Minimalist?).
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I hardly ever actually get to play my main hunter because my guild doesn't need her so I use whichever pets I feel like dragging along to what dailies I get around to. Just because I don't necessarily use all 25 of my pets doesn't mean I don't love them all. Granted, if newer, more needed buffs/skins came out, there are a few pets I'd be willing to sacrifice.

And like I said before, even though it's your opinion, just because some people don't have a need to fill all 25 of their stables doesn't mean that others of us don't like having the option. I personally don't see the point in owning 6 spirit beasts, but that's something that others enjoy and I wouldn't want to take that away from them. There's a hunter in my guild who only collects cats and I'm sure he's got 25 stable slots full of cats.

It doesn't hurt to give hunters more options. The gold sink idea for extra stable slots is a fabulous idea. Those who want more can have them, and those who don't don't have to bother spending the gold.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Royi wrote:Some hunters will complain about stable slots until Blizz gives hunters 1 stable spot for each invidual skin for each species of pet.

(2 expansions in the future) WHAT??? only 60 stable slots!!! there are still 79 skins out there of various other pets i'll never actually use but i need them since i dont have them! We need at least 150!

I think 10 is a good number to have, anything more is just uneeded. I would guess there are very few hunters that actually USE all 25 pets.
Well, reducing the stable size would be a bad idea for sure! :P Silly Ryai Royi
Bah, why did I say Ryai?

OK, to be serious. Royi makes a valid point, and gormanghaste as well:
gormanghaste wrote:I guess I don't have much sympathy with people wanting more stable slots, because I know if the stable size was increased again, people would still want more slots. At 25, we have all the slots we Need--we will never have all the ones we Want.
A line has to be drawn somewhere; this isn't Pokemon. Look at how some of us have multiple hunters, each with rapidly filling stables. Frankly, we as a group can't be completely appeased; there will always be more posts in the suggestion box thread. It's nothing against you (I've been guilty of this as well); it's human nature.
Last edited by Cialbi on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Royi wrote: How many of your 25 pets do you actually USE though? That was my main question
I'm obssesed with order in matters like this, and am pretty strict about the pets that remain in my stables. I'll go through mad taming frenzies and, a week later, one of the six animals I tamed will actually stay with me. But that one is enough. If a pet doesn't feel special, whatever the skin, they have no place in any of my seven stables. But, I am immensely grateful for 25 slots, since I very rarely drop below twenty pets, and yes, I use them all. I have a system where every time I'm in a capital city, I will change out my pets to ones that are of a lower level than the others and this way spend special time with them. If a pet hits my level, they will be traded out to a lower level one immediately.

When the patch hits and pets become the same level as us (convenient, but a little sad since the bonding benefits of leveling will disappear) immediately, I will likely use my random number system to pick five pets to use for the day (unless I need something specific for a dungeon, or whatever), thus keeping all my lovelies in use.

That said, I am happy to roll new hunters to tame pets that I like, but who don't suit my mains for whatever reason. Still, I understand that there are those who would like to gather all the nice, shiny skins on their mains. I am certainly not averse to the idea of more stable slots, particularly if they'd be expensive, so buying them would be a serious consideration, and done only when every single one of the 25 pets they have is a keeper that they can't live without.
Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

Keep adding pets and stable slots and you know hunters will keep playing. Sneaky Sneaky! =)

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I'd be delighted with more stable slots! I'm content with the number we have now (or, more accurately, I'm happy to live with it haha) but there certainly are plenty of pets I'd like to tame or re-tame (specifically on my main) but just don't have the room. ^^

I think as long as new skins are added to the game people are going to want more stable space - I also think that it's something that's quite easy to reconsider and update as Blizz/community/whatever sees fit. However on the other hand I think it's also easy to get a bit extreme and start thinking "Oh well, we already have 50 slots, might as well add another 10" and at the moment hunters have so little remaining of the beast-tamer bond that at least *limiting* pet numbers is something that I feel is important. I agree that many people have a "collect them all" mentality, which is fine within its own right, but there are also plenty of people who don't have that ideal when it comes to pet taming but still struggle to make space. (For example, there are heaps of pets I'd love to tame, mainly cats, but I just can't justify using the stable space with its current limit. I enjoy using and cycling through all of my pets when the situation is appropriate, but I'd also really enjoy being able to "collect" a few extras that I really only like because they're shiny or cool or hard to get etc.)

But you know, in the end I'm happy to roll with whatever Blizz gives us. Unless they remove pets altogether. One pet I can deal with - none... no :P

Peshooter
Realm: Vek

Unread post by Peshooter »

I was fortunate or unfortunate to start a hunter after the 25 pet slots, so I have no idea what it was like previously. That being said, I agree that 25 is probably plenty for the majority of hunters. I am sure that there are hunters out there that just have to have ever rare, whether they will actually use it or not. Luckily I am not one of those which is probably why I am fine with the 25 pets, for example I could tame all the spirit beasts just to do it, but I personally don't like all of them(Skoll and Gondria, yes I don't care for the models). Although I will always look for Skoll for a guildie.

Now of course if they gave us more, would it affect me, no because I try only to keep pets I really like. Would it affect my gameplay, no because if you had 500(yes extreme) pet slots, you can only have 5 active pets. So in theory, you could have every cat skin there is to have, but only have 5 at a time that you can pull out. In other words, how would anyone know, other then yourself and the people you tell, how many pets you have. But if they did allow us more slots I agree that it should cost a considerable amount of gold(as a gold sink), this way those that want more slots can have them at a cost and those that don't care can have more gold.
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

yeah we should be happy with going from 3 slots too 5 too 25. i mean...most of us use 3-5 pets while the rest are there for when you feel like it..or thats just me.
But ya know...

gotta catch em all!

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

The spousal unit had an interesting idea: that BM hunters, when they are high enough level to tame exotics, would get 5 extra stable slots that can only be used for exotics. They would become inaccessible in other specs, but the pets would be available again when back in BM.