Starting the 24 Hour TLPD camp

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Phaul578
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Starting the 24 Hour TLPD camp

Unread post by Phaul578 »

OK, since it seems to work by posting here...I've decided to go after that drake by camping the Brun spawn spot for 24 hours. Luckily my server is medium/low pop and there aren't many on the server if any who actually camp a spawn spot. SHOW YOUR FACE YOU BIG DUMB DRAKE!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Starting the 24 Hour TLPD camp

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I wish you the best of luck! That's one mount I haven't bothered to get around to camping since I'm so impatient. :lol:
I hope you get it soon! :hug:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Tuls
Realm: Frostwolf

Unread post by Tuls »

Good luck! I've never really put too much effort into camping the TLPD but I definitely have always wanted a proto drake. Maybe after I finish lvling my hunter :] Let us know how it turns out!
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Good luck!

I'm on my 4th Vyra sighting (2 killed by me, 2 already dead). Remember that the spawn times are much shorter now, Vyra.TLPD has been reported only an hour after the previous kill.

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

yeah i read on tlpdresource.com that for cata it was lowered to around 3-4 hours but there have been several reports of 1-1.5 hours. that may be terrible news as now you won't be able to log off pretty much ever! :x

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Humm. I may give this one another try then...
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Vetiver wrote:yeah i read on tlpdresource.com that for cata it was lowered to around 3-4 hours but there have been several reports of 1-1.5 hours. that may be terrible news as now you won't be able to log off pretty much ever! :x
That would definitely explain why I've seen an "outbreak" of TLPD on my realm all the sudden then, lol!

firekeeper77
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by firekeeper77 »

good luck! :D
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

Good luck. I thought about it last week while I was on medical leave.

It lasted about 3 hours while I was watching some movies, and then I got bored. I just can't camp it.

But above all, stay strong, good luck!

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

Exactly right. :( The good news is, though, that most of the time SP is deserted (or very nearly deserted) so unless you're camping it at peak-peak hours, it's safer to fly around a bit or even sit on the 4 route point... I know Ponderance swears by sitting in one spot and only one spot (which was definitely good advice in the day), but I only have one account and without snuffling around a bit I'd never have got my Aeonaxx or half my rare pets.

Saw and killed Vyra again last night - funny story, actually. She moseyed over to my Frozen Lake spawn point camping spot, so I flew over to engage and kill, however my game lagged me out and she dismounted me and I died x_x (thank god was only Vyra). It took my game at LEAST a minute to load the graveyard (which was right next to where I'd died) so by the time I'd rezzed she had gone. I flew around a bit trying to track her route but I'd lost her, which really annoyed me because I (selfishly har har) want as few people to have a spawn window idea as possible... I headed back to my Frozen Lake spot to log out for a bit, when I saw her again rockin' up the valley between the lake and that offset vrykul village. So from that I took that she managed to do a loop somehow. Needless to say I relogged after that little experiment, but it's interesting to know that perhaps, even if that was TLPD, there would be a chance you could still get it after a stuff up. Haha.

Phaul578
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Phaul578 »

No luck even after weeks of camping. So it's still a total RNG no matter what.
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

Yup haha. My guildie apparently was doing a JC daily over in SP and he started getting attacked by TLPD. Typical :P

alivingstone
Realm: exodar

Unread post by alivingstone »

Vetiver wrote:yeah i read on tlpdresource.com that for cata it was lowered to around 3-4 hours but there have been several reports of 1-1.5 hours. that may be terrible news as now you won't be able to log off pretty much ever! :x

I am curretnly on an epic camping mission for the TLPD. Since friday i have killed vyragosa 5 times. And to my knowledge Im the only one to do so. I have not seen a spawn sooner then 14hrs.

I can say this with confidence because I have 2 active accounts, 1 is stationary at a camp position and the other I am doing constant patrols.

Might the spawns be differnet on servers? The last reported kill was 6days ago of the TLPD
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

i would recommend NOT camping the Brunnhildar spawn point. you'll miss 75% of the spawns.

Camp the Frozen lake, 3 of the 4 spawn paths fly over there, and one spawns directly ontop of the frozen lake as well.

TLPD will spawn instead of Vyragosa about 1/15 or 1/16 of the time, so bad luck or good luck with RNG would be a factor if TLPD spawns
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

@alivingstone - as far as I'm aware Vyra does have shorter timers, however she still can theoretically take a long while (perhaps as long as 24hrs) to spawn. The only difference is now the 6 hour rest window doesn't exist, so she could/has spawned 45mins after a previous kill, but could also spawn 14 hours after. It sucks.

No luck for me so far either. I did take a bit of a break though because the surroundings and lack of Vyras were getting to me... was getting depressed. :P Oh well. I'm sure if I sit here long enough I'll get it. But so far all my Vyra kills have been from other spawn points. I'd sincerely love to actually catch one spawn on top of me at frozen lake x_x

penneygirl
Realm: Khaz Modan

Unread post by penneygirl »

That's def something I need to look into, I already have him, but I didn't realize that Blizzard sped up Vyra's spawn timer. Did they do this for all the rare spawns in Northrend?

Might actually make my warlock start camping time-lost just because well, she needs a proto and time lost is perfect :)
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

zzz. saw him alive, but tagged, yesterday - he had spawned from Brun, which is the one spawn point my FL spot doesn't cover. arrrgh.