Forums cleaned up ?

Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Re: Forums cleaned up ?

Unread post by Mozag »

Cialbi wrote: That would be because Mania didn't create a subforum; "Taming Stories" is a 'main forum' in the WoW category of the forum index. Worth noting that the "Name That Pet" subforum is now a subforum of the new "Taming Stories" forum (wow, I made that sound complicated!).
Hopefully that will help you find the "Taming Stories" forum in the future. For now, just follow this link: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewforum.php?f=34
Thanks, Cialbi, found it now. Can't believe how blind I was. :roll:
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Thought I'd landed on the wrong forum today, and am still getting used to the new arrangement. I suspect I'll find it a definite improvement. I quite like having PTR discussions in one neat place. Reminds me of the "good old days" during Cata beta. =D
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Making taming stories it's own forum is a great idea imo.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Just as a side note to this, users of the "New Posts" feature should still keep seeing these posts without having to hunt down the new forum. :)
Is it possible to exclude certain areas from the New/Unread Posts search?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Jessibelle wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Look, those trying to pick a fight with me, stop, okay? Mania asked what I didn't like so I answered honestly. This isn't a place to argue with me over it. It's my opinion. Respect it please.
No offense, but nobody is attacking you here. They offered counter points and none of them came off as offensive.
Counter points weren't asked for nor implied for any discussion. It was merely a reply to Mania. Nothing more. I'd like it to be dropped.

EDIT: I never once mentioned about attacks. Just said there was no need to start countpointing me and saying I'm wrong when I was talking to Mania. If it's not directed at me and your own opinion, dont quote me and try to prove my opinion wrong.
This is a public forum. If you don't want people politely commenting on your posts, I suggest you send a private message to Mania instead.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

gormanghaste wrote:This is a public forum. If you don't want people politely commenting on your posts, I suggest you send a private message to Mania instead.
Honestly, I have to concede the point to Jessibelle here. There was a thread for debating on this very thing; our points and counterpoints in favor of or against this idea were all presented there. Mania eventually locked the thread, stating that she would consider the matter and take our opinions as expressed in this thread into consideration. Now, she has made her decision, and inviting feedback to be posted here. I should have only stated that I considered the Pet Discussion to still be alive and well, and I liked the changes that she's made, and left it at that without directing my reply to Jessibelle.

As for her retort, it can be fairly certain that she was referring to me. I've decided that I will agree to her request to not start the debate anew, and see no reason to continue this discussion. I appreciate those that defended me, but I'm respectfully asking that we leave it at that and keep this thread as a feedback thread.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Saturo wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:Just as a side note to this, users of the "New Posts" feature should still keep seeing these posts without having to hunt down the new forum. :)
Is it possible to exclude certain areas from the New/Unread Posts search?
You know, that's a really good question. I just assumed no since it's just a link we click. That would be kind of cool if we could filter out certain forums or whatever that we have no interest in seeing pop up. :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Keleri
Realm: Balnazzar

Unread post by Keleri »

Love you Mania!
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

AdamSavage wrote:One thing I would like to see is the rules, Image size guidelines in one place or merged into one post and visible from the main page. As it is now you have to hunt through different sub forums to get to them all. ;)
*nod* That's a good idea. :oops: I did mean to do that - I just forgot. I can put them all in one place now, and then work on getting a link on the front page.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

When you're at it, could you get the image size limits back up? They haven't worked for quite some time now, and a few people have excessively big sigs.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Really loving this new setup myself. Glad to see it.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Jessibelle wrote:Didnt really care for the "Tame this!" section cause it pretty much made Pet Discussion moot since that was 90% of Pet Discussion. We got stickies and we got the PTR section.
*nod* I'll be keeping an eye on that. I figured that while I was mucking about randomly changing things we'd go ahead and try it and see how it goes.

cowmuflage wrote:You...you mean Mania listerns to what I say? :O
Only sometimes. :D

Saturo wrote:Is it possible to exclude certain areas from the New/Unread Posts search?
Not easily, not on a per-person basis. I could make a link that automatically skipped some boards (I think), but letting you set which boards you want to skip would take a full-on mod. I'll see what I can find, though.[/quote]

Saturo wrote:When you're at it, could you get the image size limits back up? They haven't worked for quite some time now, and a few people have excessively big sigs.
*cough* Security through obscurity only works for so long, eh? Yeah, it's on my list. It was a trade-off between letting signatures use pictures posted here and making the size limits work, but there has got to be some other way to approach the problem.

Edit: What the hell did I just do to my post? Huh. Well, it looks okay now.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I'm not entirely sure how to approach this, so I'm going to go about it in the most bull-in-a-china-shop way: People, you need to stop the sniping.

Jessibelle: I understand where it came from, but it would have been better to just ignore Cialbi's first comment.
Cialbi: Thank you for your last post (before this one, that is). I think we could have avoided the kerfluffle if you'd expressed your first comment a little differently.
TygerDarkstorm: Stop piling onto arguments, please. You're not helping.
gormanghaste: You either.

No blame is assigned, but please take a bit more time to think about your words before you post them.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Haha Mania your like my mum only listering to me on the odd occasion.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Well, for me it would just be Taming Stories and the PTR bit. The stories simply don't interest me, and I get my PTR info elsewhere. The way I see it, I would simply have to add the terms for every other forum/subforum to the searchstring for Unread Posts. I've worked on it for a bit, but no real success yet (I can only set one forum at a time).

Well, the obscurity of it hasn't really been there. Those limits have been gone for months now. I think the peak of it was when I accidentally uploaded an old screenshot as sig, and it worked. Noticed that quickly though. It's just, some of the sigs people have are huge, bogging down my smartphone browsing, or otherwise just taking up a lot of space. Then again, I consider even 300 pixels to be a bit much, so I'm not so sure anyone will agree with me.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

You can turn off signatures entirely. I'm not saying that I think you should - getting the limits to work is my responsibility - but it is a way to help the smartphone until I get off my butt about it.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Mania wrote:I'm not entirely sure how to approach this, so I'm going to go about it in the most bull-in-a-china-shop way: People, you need to stop the sniping.

Jessibelle: I understand where it came from, but it would have been better to just ignore Cialbi's first comment.

No blame is assigned, but please take a bit more time to think about your words before you post them.
I know. I was just really miffed already that day and the comment didn't help but I am grateful Cialbi apologized. :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Yes, and sometime's I've done that. Still, I don't think it should be neccessary. Eh, now you know that the problem is there. :P