Mania's Arcania - Guest Post by Jessibelle: BM Raiding

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Mania's Arcania - Guest Post by Jessibelle: BM Raiding

Unread post by Mania »

Another guest post just went up on the blog! Jessibelle wrote up a great little post about why raiding as a Beast Mastery hunter is no longer ... err ... silly. ;)

As I mentioned in the post, I think this is the first time that the blog has ever had a post on raiding. It makes me feel like a real hunter!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Mania's Arcania - Guest Post by Jessibelle: BM Raiding

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wow really? Neato! ^_^ I hope you all like it!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Well written, though you seem to be dissuading people from EJ. EJ really isn't that bad. :/

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Saturo wrote:Well written, though you seem to be dissuading people from EJ. EJ really isn't that bad. :/
Not really dissuading. EJ is very confusing for new people. I asked around before typing it up and also was going from my own experiences. If I was dissuading, I would've not linked it or even mentioned it. :3 I made sure to mention both so the casuals and the hardcores can have their sources.

I remember my first time ever gracing EJ for druid information. I was.....lost. Severely lost. I didn't understand all the numbers and min/max things and theories. I didnt know how to decipher wtf I was supposed to use and not worry about. I had to have two people help me figure them out. This was back when I was a brand new raider. Now the hunter forum of EJ could be better than the druid one but still, there's a lot of math involved and can be overwhelming to beginner hunters.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

My brain melts once you get very far into math at all, so I just skim those parts over and get to the nitty-gritty of what EJ says. XD I do love WHU's pet-spec guides, though!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziarre wrote:My brain melts once you get very far into math at all, so I just skim those parts over and get to the nitty-gritty of what EJ says. XD I do love WHU's pet-spec guides, though!
Mine does too. XD It's hard to find the nitty gritty stuff on EJ depending on what section you're looking at. And yes, WHU has wonderful pet spec guides!

LisaaraPokefarm

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Well written and bookmarked for future reference! (Finally broke down and dual-specced Ashaine. Now to grind out those last few levels...)

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Thank you! ^_^ I was praying it would be useful.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

From a Beast Mastery hunter since creation of the character, thank you a million times over for this Jess. I just wish I could have seen this earlier. I was in a BoT raid for the first time with guildies and had a jerk hunter around who wanted to try to razz me about being BM. Not wanting to cause grief for my guildies and the raid, I bowed out and left the raid after a couple of wipes to Valiona and Theralion. It hurt like heck because I had my spirit beast (Loque) with me along with Jadefang and others. I had not done much raiding yet in Cata and was trying to do my best. Had I seen this before that, I would have linked it to the jerk and told him to buzz off.

I know Blizzard wants to make all the specs able to be used to some extent yet also know BM has been the red-headed stepchild thus far. Good to see I'm not the only one wanting to put the spirit beasts and other exotics to the test in raiding because that's what we like. I will say that I've now been in BWD as well and have helped down Omni and Magmaw with both Loque and others. I don't top the dps chart just yet but can be found in the top 5 on 10 mans. The others being people who can go in there more often and who already have a few raid pieces of gear to help stats.

Just my two cents worth and a ty for the post. It helps me know I'm not crazy for choosing a main spec of BM and wanting to go into stuff with it.
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kerafirewing wrote:From a Beast Mastery hunter since creation of the character, thank you a million times over for this Jess. I just wish I could have seen this earlier. I was in a BoT raid for the first time with guildies and had a jerk hunter around who wanted to try to razz me about being BM. Not wanting to cause grief for my guildies and the raid, I bowed out and left the raid after a couple of wipes to Valiona and Theralion. It hurt like heck because I had my spirit beast (Loque) with me along with Jadefang and others. I had not done much raiding yet in Cata and was trying to do my best. Had I seen this before that, I would have linked it to the jerk and told him to buzz off.

I know Blizzard wants to make all the specs able to be used to some extent yet also know BM has been the red-headed stepchild thus far. Good to see I'm not the only one wanting to put the spirit beasts and other exotics to the test in raiding because that's what we like. I will say that I've now been in BWD as well and have helped down Omni and Magmaw with both Loque and others. I don't top the dps chart just yet but can be found in the top 5 on 10 mans. The others being people who can go in there more often and who already have a few raid pieces of gear to help stats.

Just my two cents worth and a ty for the post. It helps me know I'm not crazy for choosing a main spec of BM and wanting to go into stuff with it.
You're very welcome. I hope you provide the screenshots from here to show that jerkface you ran into that BMs can top the charts. Spirit Beasts are EXTREMELY helpful in BoT, especially in the valiona fight. It's healing intensive and healers will thank you for the help.

LisaaraPokefarm

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Yeah! I no longer have to switch to SV to do raids!
And I know those people who say "BM? In a dungeon?" haven't been paying attention to the updates ^_^
Well, the hunter section anyway :3

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Litlemouse wrote:Yeah! I no longer have to switch to SV to do raids!
And I know those people who say "BM? In a dungeon?" haven't been paying attention to the updates ^_^
Well, the hunter section anyway :3
Nope! :3 Not unless you're a hardcore raider for min/max...which then you'd go MM anyway for that.

Nope, they havent, which sadly is usually the case.

LisaaraPokefarm

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

regardless of dps u should always go with what your comfortable using or both im bm/survival, also whenever a jerk disses u again u do either /smack, /spit, /threaten, /rasp or all of the above.
i have 25 pets atm and i have a set of pets i never switch out btw we need a remake of the old call stabled pet but changed to switch stable pets so u can choose to use a diff set of active pets
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Demonicow wrote:regardless of dps u should always go with what your comfortable using or both im bm/survival, also whenever a jerk disses u again u do either /smack, /spit, /threaten, /rasp or all of the above.
i have 25 pets atm and i have a set of pets i never switch out btw we need a remake of the old call stabled pet but changed to switch stable pets so u can choose to use a diff set of active pets
Actually, while you should go with what you like, you DO need to bring what the raid needs. Otherwise, you're holding them back. It's better to be a help than a drag.

Eh jerks aren't worth my time typically.

LisaaraPokefarm

lovy
Realm: gurubashi

Unread post by lovy »

Bm spec'd. H halfus 25 man.
final dps: 65,485.9 - 8.7%

pets used:
Onyx - Worm (for whelps burning)
Borboceta - Moth (final rush and Bestial Wrath stun immunity and interrupt).

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

lovy wrote:Bm spec'd. H halfus 25 man.
final dps: 65,485.9 - 8.7%

pets used:
Onyx - Worm (for whelps burning)
Borboceta - Moth (final rush and Bestial Wrath stun immunity and interrupt).

Very awesome. x3

LisaaraPokefarm

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

My main spec in raids has in the past been either Survival (<- Enjoy surv the most) or MM, but recently our raids have been lacking a shaman or our main BM hunter hasn't been in, so I've switched MM for BM.

I have to admit that the spec feels slightly clunky to me, but I had the opportunity to try BM on Chimaeron HC (10 man) the other night and it was, so far, our cleanest kill on that boss. My first choice for pet was a SBeast, and in his wee heal was great help during the encounter. He stayed in the fight until the last feud, when I brought my corehound pup out for BL.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Jessibelle wrote:
Demonicow wrote:regardless of dps u should always go with what your comfortable using or both im bm/survival, also whenever a jerk disses u again u do either /smack, /spit, /threaten, /rasp or all of the above.
Actually, while you should go with what you like, you DO need to bring what the raid needs. Otherwise, you're holding them back. It's better to be a help than a drag.

Eh jerks aren't worth my time typically.
But what if they say you HAVE to go MM, even if you lose 5k dps because you don't know the spec as good as the others?

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

erwil wrote:My main spec in raids has in the past been either Survival (<- Enjoy surv the most) or MM, but recently our raids have been lacking a shaman or our main BM hunter hasn't been in, so I've switched MM for BM.

I have to admit that the spec feels slightly clunky to me, but I had the opportunity to try BM on Chimaeron HC (10 man) the other night and it was, so far, our cleanest kill on that boss. My first choice for pet was a SBeast, and in his wee heal was great help during the encounter. He stayed in the fight until the last feud, when I brought my corehound pup out for BL.
I always pull my SB out for some lovins on Chimaeron. x3

LisaaraPokefarm

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

All I have to say to this topic is that I just out dps'd both a survival and marksmen hunter that know what they were doing >.<

LONG LIVE BM!

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.