The first Hunt (my first short story)

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

The first Hunt (my first short story)

Unread post by Cerele »

It has been said, a hunter never forget his first hunt, that the bond between hunter and beast is at its purest form when they first link souls, that the first pet is the very soul essance of the hunter, his guilding animal, the animal that will lead him through hardships the animal that will always protect and serve loyally and unwavering. This is the story of mine
I put my hand in front of my eyes, the sun's harsh light now piercing them with its full force, i roll over, when suddenly i relized, my entire life story was about to begin, the day i was no longer Cerele the apprentice, i was going to become the hunter i was born to be. I stood up quickly, and put on my outfit my mother had made for me before she died, her words still flowing through my head, i did not want to let her down. I started quickly outside and to Dazalar, the hunter trainer. When i arrived at Dolanaar two of my other friends were there it would be their first hunts as well. Dazalar started,
"Now that all have arrived, i will begin instructing you on how to form the first bond with your chosen beast,"
I looked over at my friends, Adeaya and Feldor, they both seemed very nervous, and Adeaya had a bead of sweat dropping from her forehead. Dazalar called forth an owl and began explaining the bond and loyalty that needed to be established, my mind faded into a memory
I was with my mother looking at the large scar across her timeless brow, i recall asking her where did she had gotten the mark, she told me, "It was from my first hunt, i was incapible of forming the bond, i was not strong enough."
I looked at her clearly concerned, she calmly told me
"My son, you will be a great hunter one day, and i am positive you will be able to make the bond, and be one of Darnassus' greatest heros." My daydreaming ended when Dazalar had tossed a scrap of trash at me,
"You do relize your other two classmates have already gone off in search of their beast right?"
With that in mind i quickly ran off thinking about which beast would be right for my life long partner. I saw Adeaya run North, twords the Oracle Glade, and Feldor had ran twords Shadowglen. So i headed south.
After traveling a short distance i saw the old familer lake, large and shimmering in the sun's light. I traveled around it in search of a suitable beast. I looked to the trees as i heard a large owl hoot in the distance, and recalled my father's words, "Owls are smart and use speed to attack their prey, quick and deadly." I looked for a moment longer and decided id rather go for a more land based animal. i walked for a short distance longer when i noticed a very fine web surrounding a rock and leading into a fairly large hole, i knew from my lessons this was a spider, and again a flash back of my father, he had a finely woven web and held it up to me, my young hands were not used to the substance and quickly tried to slap it away, my father laughed and said "These are the webs of one of the most scary beasts you can form a bond with, a deadly spider that uses webs to hunt its prey."

signature thanks to Kurieno
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: The first Hunt (my first short story)

Unread post by Cerele »

I left the web where it was and continued on my way, it had been several hours and i hadn't even chosen a pet, begining to feel hopeless i aimlessly wandered the forests of my ancient home, i looked into the trees and while i was occupied i had stumbled on a rock. I fell over and landed in a large mess of webbing, my instincts were to thrash wildly but that didnt help. i sat for a moment and i heard a loud hiss. My heart froze in pure terror as i saw one of the biggest spiders eirily craw down from the webby nest he had in the tree near by. I reached for my dagger and began cutting my self free, my adrenalin making my hand too shakey i accidentally cut my wrist and dropped the dagger in pain. my blood spilled out on to the ground fueling the spider's hunger, he crawled on the web and waited for me to wear myself out before he would finish the job. I tried to scream for help but no sound uttered out, i turned over to see the spider was almost drooling in hunger at its new found meal. I closed my eyes and said a short prayer to Alune, begging for her to smite this spider. My body rapidly loosing blood, i began to feel weak. i waited for the spider to just put me out of this pain. I waited....
a minute passed by and nothing i dare not open my eyes. Was this what death felt like? was i soon going to rejoin my father and mother?
i finnaly had the courage to open my eyes and i saw a large beautiful night saber pounced on the spider, the spider was twiching madly but i could tell it was dead. the night saber was large, white and spotted, she had ended this spider and saved my life... all without making a sound. not even a scuffle.
Her large black eyes turned and looked into mine, and instantly i felt joy, i felt safe. She haunched back, and started aiming at me... Was i her next prey? She pounced and i was expecting to feel claws, but instead her wieght had knocked me out of the webbing that was my prison, we tumbled down a bit and landed with her on my chest. my heart was racing as she stepped off me and began licking me harshly, almost like a mother tiger and her kitten. she cleaned off the webbing and my wound. then she waited. i stood up and started walking twords home and she followed me, almost like we had done this before, and little did i know we would do it many more times. As i walked back i removed my shirt and used it to cover the cut.
When i arrived back at Dolanaar Adeaya had been waiting at Dazalar with her new owl. Both were worried for me and Dazalar had a druid come to aid my injury. while the druid was focused on my wound Dazalar asked me,
"Did you see Feldor?"
"No" i quickly responded.
"Well in that case what happened to you?"
I started with after i left, i told of my journey and the spider. When i got to the part about my new friend, Dazalar looked over at her in a quiet contemplation. she had been sitting by us quietly licking her massive paws.
"Such a gorgeous beast," he started. "Looks like the same one that gave your mother her famous scar..."
I looked over at the mighty night saber and she simply stared back her eyes with a soft gaze, I knew from that point on she was going to be my loving gaurdian, my guiding spirit, and my first pet

Rate comment and such tell me how i did = D
Last edited by Cerele on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

Screen shot edit here... in a sec
Attachments
first hunt piv.jpg
first hunt piv.jpg (382.2 KiB) Viewed 1446 times

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I like it! Sure, grammar and spelling could be improved, but the core story is great.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Nice story. :) Might want to split the different sections up a little though, makes it easier to read.

Question to Azu here: Whould stories of this kind, single-writer RP, be here or in Fan-Art and Creative Writing?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I said that taming stories and projects and whatnot better fit Creative Writing, while more background stories, or character development stuff when here. That said, both are pretty close so it doesn't particularly matter where something goes for me.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

Sorry about the spelling (man i still cant haunts me today)
and i forgot we have a creative writing, but thanks when i first wrote it, it was all paragraphed and such but it made it really long. so yea maybe long is better in this case