Pokemon!

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Golden »

I just HAD to pre-order SoulSilver when I noticed that it comes with a figurine if you pre-order it from a certain shop. XD It'll come out the 26th here and after that it'll be another week before it arrives... Can't wait. ^^
Rottingham
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin; Illidan

Unread post by Rottingham »

I used to play pokemon all the time in middle school, and my cousin just gave me his pokemon stadium for the N64 the other day... I am beast at it, undefeated by all who oppose me!!!

And I would get one of the newer ones, however it would be pointless ofr me to get since I don't have a DS :P

Rottingham, Troll Hunter in the Petopians Guild

Check me out on youtube!

Vicario
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar (US), Wyrmrest Accord (US), Vek'nilash (US)

Unread post by Vicario »

I bought Soul Silver this Sunday. I haven't played it obsessively, so I'm headed for Morty next. I'm also trying to get more Pokemon near my Quilava's level so that I have more than just one Pokemon to use. Oh, and my trainer's name is Joe. o.o

As for code systems, I use Action Replay to create Wi-fi battling teams, but I stay within the limits of legit gameplay (i.e. no absurd stats, no illegal movesets, etc.) Basically, I use it to get TMs and Move Tutor techniques, held items, and quick EV training. Or, rather, I used it. I don't play Pearl/Platinum much nowadays.

Also, I'm one of the proud few that embraces the third generation, especially since that's when I returned to Pokemon.

Absol, Swampert, Shiftry, the Regi trio, and Regigigas are win.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Yeah. Pokemon fan as well.

I named my Diagla (sp.?)c from diamond Anachronos. I thought it was fitting since he controlled time. Sadly, I lost my copy, my silver and golds don't save, and I've pretty much beat Leaf Green and Fire Red.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

im gonna get heartgold....but it seems the 20$ i had are lost and not sure if my mother is gonna hand out 40$ for a game....
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

Nikk I <3 you!! My fav Pokemon too!!! =D

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Vicario wrote:As for code systems, I use Action Replay to create Wi-fi battling teams, but I stay within the limits of legit gameplay (i.e. no absurd stats, no illegal movesets, etc.) Basically, I use it to get TMs and Move Tutor techniques, held items, and quick EV training. Or, rather, I used it. I don't play Pearl/Platinum much nowadays.
*high-fives*

That's what I do; I could never have an all-31 IV/252 EV Pokemon for competitive play (unless they're unevolved and I like them better than their evolved form(s), like my Flaafy on Diamond, but I never use those on Wi-Fi...). We should battle sometime!
Kamalia
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

I just recently got into Pokémon with Diamond, so Soul Silver is like a new game for me, as I never played Gold/Silver :D My team is currently quite terrible right now, though... I'm having trouble with the second gym. The second gym.
I love how your pokémon can follow you around in the new games, and they interact with your character/the environment. "Magni (My Quilava) is rolling around in the grass!" D'awww.
As I'm rather terrible at fighting, I stay away from competitive battling. :lol: The IV's and EV's and movesets and such are over my head. I also just can't bring myself to "cheat" on games. So Action Replay is out (Heck, I considered trading my electrike and ralts over cheating!) I just enjoy the gameplay. And collect some rare pokémon on the side, such as my handsome little shiny ralts I somehow managed to chain on my Diamond game.

My favorites are definitely the Squirtle line and Charmander line. <3

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture Co - Nesingwary

Unread post by Zanidar »

I used to play Pokemon but it got boring.

.............................. ........
.............................. ..........\........."'^,,
.............................. ............. \............"',,
.............................. .................'",,......... .\
.............................. .............,,, ----''--,,,,....\
..............,,,,,,-------,,, ,,,,-^'"...................... ..|,,
. ..,,--^'"................,.... .............................. ....\
'",,................,,,,,,--,' ............................,- ~-,.."\
.....''''''''"""'''''''....... ..,.....-~-,.........o........ '-..o'.,,,"\ BOW DOWN MORTALS.
.................,,,,,--~'"\.. ..'.,,o'.......,,----,,~...... .,'.....|.,,,---~,
......... .,,-'"..............|,,--,,... ....~,'........|.........',... ./...........|
.,,--'"......................| ......",........\,.......|.... .......''/............/
.. \...........................'- ,,-^"..........'-,,,,/........ ....,/........../
... \..................,,^''/....| '^~-,,......................., -^'...,.....,"
....\............,,-'''..../.. ...|........."'............... ...........|...,"
...... \....,,^'".........,/.....|... ...........'-,................ ......\'
........'.................'--- -/...................'.,...... ........,,-----,,,,,
.............................. ,/.....',................",... ..................."',-''^,
.............................' .........."--,..........,".... ................,--".....|
....................... .,^'"^-,,............."--~'".. ...................."......../
........................".,... .............................. ............,......,-"
......................... ..".,,........,.......,,,-~~^' ''''^^-------,,,',,--"

found that somewhere on the official wow forums
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I gave in. XD I never spend a lot of money at Anime Boston other then getting in, getting lunch (And my mom gives me money for that.) and possibly a plushie or some manga, so I asked to borrow $5 and I should be getting SoulSilver later today.

Silver was my favorite, so I do really want the remake so... I'm going to get it. I keep hearing too stuff and it'll be nice to have a fresh start on Pokemon. I have a buttload of 100s and legendaries from Plat if I want to send them over.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I think the "newest" one I've played was Fire Red, my husband got Leaf Green. I just can't bring myself to want any of these newer ones, the pokemon just seem so...out there. I liked the original ones that actually had more of a resemblance to real animals.

From back then, my favorites were Charmander/Charizard (oddly enough I can't remember his second evolution), Gyrados, Mewtwo, Scyther, and Raichu. I think my main team was actually all of the above except for Scyther, I can't remember what else I used. I just always thought Scyther was super-cool. One time I caught two in a row and traded one to my husband. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

I just looked on the Game website (i'm not sure if Game is in America, but the shop name is self explanatory). If i pre-order a Pokémon game, which i will, i get a little action figure with it and seeing as i'ma get both games, will i get both? I hope i do, just to add it to the Pokémon stuff i haven't used in so many years. Good times...

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

i got my heartgold and beat it plus i got 2/3 special event pokemon so im enjoying it alot
Snowee
Realm: Borean Tundra, Anvilmar

Unread post by Snowee »

When I was younger i loved Pokemon...

I may or may not have dressed up as Pikachu at one of my birthday parties... (:
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

rule#Zangor
YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD FOR POKEMON!!!!
Snowee
Realm: Borean Tundra, Anvilmar

Unread post by Snowee »

Lol (:
weee purple...
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

i decided to make you pokemon fans a gift!
you should recognize this guy from mystery dungeon!(a pokemon offseries)
Attachments
primaldialga3.gif
primaldialga3.gif (22.68 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ungoro »

Well, the release date for Pokémon was yesterday, but i had to go see The Bootleg Beatles so i had to wait an entire day to get the games. Judt got back in from buying the games, and just put in HeartGold into the DS. The guy who sold me the game was actually playing one the games and my dad was surprised that someone with a job was playing it as he thinks i'm too old for Pokémon! But the guy asked me why i was getting both to which i just responded "I wanna cattch 'em all" at which he laughed.

But i can't wait to carry on with my new Pokémon adventure!

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

I've played pokemon since it first came out stateside, though I didn't know what I was getting into at the time. I bought HeartGold a couple of weeks ago, but have mostly been saving it for my trip tomorrow, since car rides still drive me up the wall. Every time a new one comes out I swear no more I'm finished with them, but....

...yeah. I can't really complain too loudly.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ungoro »

Rhyela wrote:From back then, my favorites were Charmander/Charizard (oddly enough I can't remember his second evolution)
Charmeleon, those three are probably some of my favourite Pokémon too!

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>