Official Patch 4.2 Firelands Preview Videos!

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Slapperfish

Official Patch 4.2 Firelands Preview Videos!

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Well, Blizzard just released some video previews if the new patch stuff coming Soon™, and I'm already hyped up about it!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2685007

Some of the new monsters look like they might be tameable! O_o

Also, I was originally gonna post this under the PTR section, but it's locked down for some reason.

Until next tame!
~Slapperfish >*)))>{
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Official Patch 4.2 Firelands Preview Videos!

Unread post by Vephriel »

Omg, that lava spider/nerubian (assuming a boss), is amazing!

I'm actually surprised how nice the birds look with the proto-drake skeleton. I wasn't sure how well that would mesh when I saw the datamined images of them, but it looks rather fitting.

Fandral's scorpid form was badass looking as well, I'd like to get a better look at it.

Still hoping against hope those skeleton fire hounds might be tameable. x) *crosses fingers*

EDIT: Zomg, and a new creature lava spider from the second video.... :O
Attachments
firelands_dailies_18.jpg
firelands_dailies_18.jpg (139.31 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

did you see that fiery spidey? so pretty

Edit: Veph beat me to it.. was runnin z'g. hehe :hug:
Last edited by Tilo on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

OMG I want to tame one of those firehawks *sooooooooooooooo* bad! The fire spider looks cool, though admittedly I hate spiders. Though, I hope they're tamable.

Man, I hope our lurker tells Blizzard how badly those 2 pets need to be tamable. NEED.

I want a firehawk ;___;

You know, WoW needs a lot more of these "molten fire" pets. Terropene and lava spiders just confirm it. We need more molten pets. Molten fiery Spirit Beast and Molten raptor please! Please?

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Vephriel wrote:Fandral's scorpid form was badass looking.
^This!

I think they could have done a better job with the dailies preview video though. It was mostly, "look, lava, and lots of it".
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

It's a tease... can't have cake without ice-cream
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Shlee
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Shlee »

I openly admit to squeaking and flailing my hands screenwards when I saw that spider. Eeeeeeeeee SPIDER.

Despite the fact I'll likely never-ever manage to get to the raid content, Firelands looks so darn exciting.
Loved Deepholm as an elemental relm- Certainly my favorite Cata-zone, and for me Firelands is shaping up to look just as awesome.

And those firehawks. Man. Those firehawks! Personally a big fan o' the proto animations for them. Looks all savage and primordial and 'turn your face to soup and drink it'.

But spiders! Eeee! Spiders! Scorpion! .... Spiders! Time to commence praying to the Great Scaled Deep-ones that they get some 'tamable' slapped on those abdomens. :D

"Can I has home with you, Mr Hunter pleeeeeaaase?"

Daffy Troll hunter, and beloved devilsaur Bakar.

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Shlee wrote:
"Can I has home with you, Mr Hunter pleeeeeaaase?"
<3 Eeeeeee~ Please let there be baby spiders.. Do want~!
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

omg..that fire spider...I WANTS

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Man that is ONE PRETTY RAID! my god!
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Yea thats a spider i would definitely tame-- perhaps on my blood elf since she would fit a lot better color wise :lol: i saw none of the skeletal dogs :< im hoping they'll be tameable, they are one of the coolest looking beasts (elementals possibly?) ive seen for the expansion yet, next to the firehawks and fandrals new cat form (bleh.. not a big fan of his scorpid model sadly)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Do want the fire spiders! <33333

Very sexy. Cant wait!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Did... Did Staghelm turn into a Scorpion in that fight? oO I CALL HAX.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Phantomwolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korialstrasz

Unread post by Phantomwolf »

WARNING!! Spoilers!!

4.2 Preview: “Elemental Bonds” Quest Line
After the druids and their allies thwarted the invasion of Hyjal by the Twilight's Hammer and Ragnaros, an air of peace settled on the sacred mountain. As new growth bloomed across the region, members of the Earthen Ring and Cenarion Circle, along with the noble Dragon Aspects, convened at the ancient World Tree of Nordrassil. Among the gathered heroes were the legendary archdruid Malfurion Stormrage, the former Horde warchief and accomplished shaman Thrall, and his strong-willed companion, Aggra. Together, this illustrious assemblage was to unite its wondrous powers and restore the World Tree for the good of Azeroth.

Yet this auspicious event ended in tragedy. The details are still unclear, but word has spread that an incredibly powerful Twilight's Hammer agent, shrouded to hide his identity, interrupted the ceremony and struck down Thrall with dark magics... casting his spirit into the four domains of the Elemental Plane. If these terrible rumors hold true, the Earthen Ring -- indeed, all of Azeroth -- has potentially lost one of its greatest champions.

…Is this the end of the Son of Durotan?

:shock:

In patch 4.2, level-85 characters will have the opportunity to answer this question and more.

While even the Aspects concede that Thrall may be lost to the elements forever, there is one who still believes that he can be saved from this bleak fate. Aggra, a powerful shaman in her own right, will call upon you to assist her as she travels to the ends of the earth and beyond -- to Skywall, the Abyssal Maw, Deepholm, and Firelands -- to rescue her beloved from an eternity of torment.

Thrall is no ordinary mortal, though, and this will be no ordinary quest. You will not only have to face the denizens of the elemental planes, but the very essence of Thrall himself and everything that has shaped him into the orc he is today. Before you can return his spirit to the natural world, you must overcome his doubts, his willfulness, his desires, and his rage -- for it is these aspects that bind him to his elemental cage.

Well...At least we can save him... :?

Its kinda wierd how it says his desires and his fears...I think his fear maybe that he fails to save everyone and the world itself. His desires? Anybody else thinking of Jaina? *cough, cough* moving on...And his rage? I'm kinda scared that we are going to get a shadowy Thrall that is going to try to beat the living day lights out of us.

I also think this is some poor excuse to flush out Aggra's character because Blizz (for some stupid reason) thinks that Thrall needs a mate right now. With the world in the balance I don't think Thrall needs to be worrying about a girlfriend right now!! Anyway...I don't like Aggra...Part of me doesn't even think he should get with Jaina because you know that Blizz would never put them together. Anyway, it is either (but highly doubtful) that he should be with Jaina or single; Because I much prefer bachelor Thrall over mated Thrall for some reason (unless its with Jaina, although as stated before Blizz would never do it. :P)
"Thanks to Veph for the awesome siggy! I love you!"