Goblin and Worgen Hunter Starter areas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Goblin and Worgen Hunter Starter areas

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

Have not seen this anywhere so if I missed, please forgive and delete this thread but please point me to the correct one for this.

Have been meaning to post this both here for any lurkers to see and on the official forums for a while now and have been doing research to back up what I am commenting on.

Made both a goblin and a worgen hunter and have been working on them recently and still irritated. :evil: It's strange that other races have the ability to reach a stable master very easily yet these two have to do without until level 14 or 15 at least. I don't care for the starter pets for either race so as soon as I could get level 10, I kicked that piece of trash to the curb and got something I wanted. The only problem is that there are pets that ONLY come up in the starter areas. :cry: I know some of them have counterparts in other parts of the world but that defeats the purpose of having a pet you want to play with instead of feeling like putting it in a blender just by looking at it. Given that you do not get Call Pet 2 until level 18, you are basically screwed on having more than one pet until then.

I got the jungle cat on my goblin but then had to settle for going to the Echo Isles to get a dino like the color-change ones. Just without the color change. Which means that I have to tame one of each color and take up more spaces instead of just one space. The only problem is that there is not even a stable master in the starter zone. Saw this and even re-created just to make sure. Trolls and Orcs get Razor Hill and Org immediately. Undead get Brill and UC. Elves get SMC and one in Eversong Woods. Night Elves get Dolanaar and Darnassus. Humans get Goldshire and SW. Yet Worgen have to wait until they get to that higher level and to Darnassus before they see their first one. Goblins have to wait till Org. Granted, I did not have BoA gear for either character as they were not on my main server and we cannot mail to other servers via Battle.net yet. :evil: Perhaps I could have gotten to 18 in the starter area had I been able to have BoA gear but I doubt it. Not to mention it would not do any good as you do not even have a class trainer after a certain point. Or have not been able to find one after a point in either area. Professions, yes. Class, no. Could have still missed but if not then would not do any good to even try to stay there until 18 so I could get the pets I want to start with as I could not learn the skill to get another pet.

Cannot go back to the areas even as those races after leaving so cannot even get the pets that way. I understand they are supposed to be phased areas and only those races allowed in but sheesh. A stable master would be nice since they are a major part of a hunter's life in the game. And yes, at this point if they were added in say 4.2, I would delete my current characters and re-roll just to be able to get the pets I want. Starter pet go bye bye and new pet come in long enough to hit the stable then drop off and tame other pet and put into stable. Then leave starter area a happy hunter with pets you can be proud to fight alongside along with a piece of "home" that only you can get. Talk about bragging rights. Just like people having the ghost hydra, grimtotem and such from previous glitches or whatnot. The pets you choose show what kind of hunter you are. At least it does to me. How up-to-date on hunter buzz are you? Do you know what pets are available to you? Rares? Special looks? (ghost jormungar for instance)

The hunter class is by far my favorite in WoW. I take pride in my collections of pets on each one and take time to figure out what to tame as I level. Probably not everyone does this but it means alot to me. Much like people enjoy showing off that special mount like Ravenlord or the Arena mounts or raiding mounts. Would be very nice to know I could take advantage of everything the devs put in the starting areas instead of having to pass it up because someone could not put in a stable master.

Sincerely,

Kerafirewing, BM hunter and proud of it.
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf