New tamable raid boss?

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: New tamable raid boss?

Unread post by Acherontia »

Keep in mind that just because the spider uses a Nerubian skin, it may not be considered a Nerubian.

it looks very much like a spider to me, as if it's meant to be a spider--in which case it may well be a Beast.

I think most Nerubians are unclassified, or in the case of the Northrend ones, many are Undead.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Regardless of whether it's a beast or not, it IS still a boss in the Firelands raid and therefore won't be tamable as of this expansion because it will be ??.
Beth'tilac

Her fiery webs reach far overhead, daring her adversaries to simultaneously face their fears of both spiders and heights. Only by taking hold of her webs and climbing into her domain yourself will you find a way to thwart her evil designs.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Acherontia they are eather classed as undead or humanoid. This might be classed as a beast but I highly doubt it will be tameable seeing as we can't tame "humanoid" looking things besides apes.

I highly doubt anything that uses the Nerubian skin would be tameable. Anyway a raid would more likely not let someone tame that seeing as you need to kill all the bosses to get to the last....
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

cowmuflage wrote:Acherontia they are eather classed as undead or humanoid. This might be classed as a beast but I highly doubt it will be tameable seeing as we can't tame "humanoid" looking things besides apes.

I highly doubt anything that uses the Nerubian skin would be tameable. Anyway a raid would more likely not let someone tame that seeing as you need to kill all the bosses to get to the last....
You can't tame raid bosses in current content anyway. ;)

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yes well thats true allso lol but my point still stands!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yes, I was adding that as more of an extra. :D

[/center]
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Ah I see I totally forgot that anyway so thanks for that help XD
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I just feel that this is all kind of silly since raid bosses of the current content and expansion have never been tamable (to my knowledge). :lol:

I mean, granted, I'd love if this thing were tamable (spider on a nerubian skeleton? yes please), however, it is confirmed as a raid boss so we won't be seeing even a possibility of it becoming tamable until next expansion or unless they make regular versions of this model/skin. I'm not even sure how the taming process would work since part of the fight mechanics for this boss are hinted that you'll be climbing around in her webbing.

[/center]
Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

Makoes wrote:out of curiosity...what would happen if you stacked a ton of dodge instead?
Can't dodge or parry while casting.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

cowmuflage wrote:Acherontia they are eather classed as undead or humanoid. This might be classed as a beast but I highly doubt it will be tameable seeing as we can't tame "humanoid" looking things besides apes.

While I agree it wouldn't be possible to tame her, you forget that taming bosses still mean a kill. Chromaggus is an example.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Nerubians give off too much of the humanoid vibe like worgens so because its using the model its probably gonna remain untameable even when we get the max lvl increased, seeing the detail they put into her makes me really dissapointed that it looks like they slapped a firey/rocky skin onto the spiders and the pictures/videos being shown are the best quality graphics im sure but they look like they're on low settings, ive recently upgraded my computer at the cost of probably the next 4 years of birthday/christmas presents and the graphics change is quite huge from how my pets looked before and after.

I demand a reskin of the fire spiders!!! Make them more high def!

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

The other thing that has not been mentioned is that it might not be a complete model with all the animations necessary to be tamed as a pet.

But yeah, she won't be tameable at least until we are working on the Emerald dream expansion.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

One can hope that things would somehow fall into place for this to happen. :D Doubtful, absolutely, but it would be amazing!
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Nerubians are considered Undead as they are servants of the Lich King (Most of the Time), however Beth'tilac is NOT tameable with no Diet and such resulting she most likely will not be tameable. Hitting "Tame Beast" results in the Error "That Creature cannot be tamed" Sorry :(

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Lazurianis wrote:Nerubians are considered Undead as they are servants of the Lich King (Most of the Time), however Beth'tilac is NOT tameable with no Diet and such resulting she most likely will not be tameable. Hitting "Tame Beast" results in the Error "That Creature cannot be tamed" Sorry :(

~insert stupid comment here~

don't want to say it just don't

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh, as I said in another thread, I have word from Noah that the fire spider boss mobs are meant to be intelligent, like nerubians, and are not meant to be tameable. Don't expect to see these guys tameable.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Well... Remember that Chromaggus was untameable because his draconic look and now look at him...

I say give this two or three more expansions, maybe by when we are level 100 or more it will be tameable... or changed to humanoid/elemental/unclassified.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Shirubia wrote:Well... Remember that Chromaggus was untameable because his draconic look and now look at him...

I say give this two or three more expansions, maybe by when we are level 100 or more it will be tameable... or changed to humanoid/elemental/unclassified.

/cry at level 1-100+

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shirubia wrote:Well... Remember that Chromaggus was untameable because his draconic look and now look at him...
The dragonkin/beast tag for Chromaggus was kinda arbitrary though - is he a dragon with core hound genes or a core hound with dragon genes? That and his raid boss status.

In the case of the fire spider bosses, they're intended to be intelligent and not true beasts. I wouldn't be surprised if they're set as humanoids or elementals at some point. And I believe they won't all be raid bosses.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sickhuntz56
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sickhuntz56 »

Looks elemental. BUT it'd be awesome