Why can't I find a cat I like!? [pics]

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Why can't I find a cat I like!? [pics]

Unread post by Miraga »

I don't know why, but I just can't find a cat I can really bond with, you know? These are the guys I have now:

First up is Tyki [named after Tyki from D Grey Man]

I tamed him on a whim because I like the saber cat model and know that tigers are... were... native to Durotar. It seemed fitting with my orc hunter, anyway. I really like how we look together but he's just a cat to me. You know? He's just a buff provider and we don't connect.

Next is Taka!

It took me a while to get this guy, as I thought the first time he was stuck in stealth. He and his brother beat the CRAP out of me... I died a few times attempting to tame. I've been using him lately just trying to test him out. I used him in a dungeon and I just love his sheen coat. It does kind of bother me how he looks weird when he does the stretch/yawn thing but that's okay. He doesn't have much of a personality to me but I worked hard to get him. I'll be keeping him around just to have something that looks neat.

And finally we have Akori.

I really do love this lion skin. I know it's kinda weird looking since the smooth and pretty Sambas came out but I've seen probably 10 people with Sambas in Org today and no one with the regular lion skin. It's kind of funny how a common skin can be more rare than a rare spawn. :lol: Anyway, he was another one of those "on a whim" tames. I was in the Barrens and tamed him. Barrens is another one of those "orc-y" places that I feel I can identify with so this lion seemed fitting. I guess out of all of them, he is the one who I get along with best but it's still nothing on a personal level.

What do you guys think I should do? I might end up taming each and every cat and just seeing how it goes... but I want some input too. :) I just want a cat I can use consistently, you know? I just have these random cats that I cycle in and out. Maybe cats just aren't meant for my orc? :| Thanks for any help! This has really been bothering me for some reason...
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Why can't I find a cat I like!? [pics]

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Well, if you play primarily as BM, I would recommend just sticking to a spirit beast to cover the buff. :)

However, if you really want a cat, of the ones you have, I'm not sure which one I like the best; they all look good in their own way, although part of me leans toward the lion.

As for some other suggestions:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

These pets say "Orc" to me...

Earthy colors, they're a good thing!
I've noticed that Pogeyan seems to have a lot of personality, at least on my hunter. Duskfang is also beautiful.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Maybe you're just not an in-game Cat person. Try an other species out! Try Lupos or an other white dire wolf because IMO: Cats don't scream "ORC PET!" to me. Wolves/Worgs/Scorps do tho! Try em out!
Last edited by MajorThor on Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

MajorThor wrote:Maybe you're just not an in-game Cat person. Try an other species out! Try Lupos or an other white dire wolf.
If she's looking to cover the cat buff, a wolf can't exactly do that. >_>

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I like the brown lion. You could also try a lioness or brown cougar.
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
MajorThor wrote:Maybe you're just not an in-game Cat person. Try an other species out! Try Lupos or an other white dire wolf.
Yeah, I'm mostly looking for a pet to cover the buff when I'm not in BM. :( I've gone out and retamed Kohta [Rak'Shiri] to bring him back home. I actually kinda missed him. :lol:

Also picked up Sian to try him out but ehh. I'll do some dailies and see how he works out.

I've been thinking about going to get the very first cat I've ever had [also named Kohta]. It's the black/blue striped moonstalker. I ran all the way there when my orc was high enough level. It took me a very long time! :lol: I don't see this cat running around with anyone and I just think it's so beautiful...

I also had Araga for a while [named her Ruslana] but I got rid of her a while back. I used her for the longest time because I was camping her when she had that ridiculous spawn timer. I can't say I miss her too much. We didn't bond and I mainly used her as my own sort of camping trophy, lol. I was so excited when she spawned! :D
MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
True point but if it's just not working out Aesthetically then it's just NOT working out, ya know?

VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Miraga wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Yeah, I'm mostly looking for a pet to cover the buff when I'm not in BM. :( I've gone out and retamed Kohta [Rak'Shiri] to bring him back home. I actually kinda missed him. :lol:

Also picked up Sian to try him out but ehh. I'll do some dailies and see how he works out.

I've been thinking about going to get the very first cat I've ever had [also named Kohta]. It's the black/blue striped moonstalker. I ran all the way there when my orc was high enough level. It took me a very long time! :lol: I don't see this cat running around with anyone and I just think it's so beautiful...

I also had Araga for a while [named her Ruslana] but I got rid of her a while back. I used her for the longest time because I was camping her when she had that ridiculous spawn timer. I can't say I miss her too much. We didn't bond and I mainly used her as my own sort of camping trophy, lol. I was so excited when she spawned! :D

OOOOOOEER!!!! WINNA'S KITTEN! GREEN MATCHES WITH GREEN!!

Give her a try! Think OUTSIDE the normal color box!

VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moonguard

Unread post by Jatbirkkal »

I've no idea how to link pictures of cats that'd look good, but I can make a few suggestions:

Humar the Pridelord (Or Pitch), black maned lion

Winna's Kitten wasn't it? The green/orange tiger. (Gummy kitty :D)

And MAYBE Echeyakke, or the other white, maned lion. In all honesty, if any orc would have a cat, I'd see it as being either a tiger or maned lion. At any rate, I hope you find your dream cat, good luck :D
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

I have a tendency to like that saber models, but currently my favorite is this one.... (check the linked screenie)

... and it goes great with the panther cub.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_043011_233956.jpg
WoWScrnShot_043011_233956.jpg (494.19 KiB) Viewed 2502 times

Kaelys
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Kaelys »

It took me forever to find a cat I liked on my main hunter. I just kept trying out different ones, and eventually found two I loved.
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

I've been thinking about going to get the very first cat I've ever had [also named Kohta]. It's the black/blue striped moonstalker. I ran all the way there when my orc was high enough level. It took me a very long time! I don't see this cat running around with anyone and I just think it's so beautiful...
Surely that's your answer, my dear? =)

I'm very much in love with sabercats, but panthers and Winnah's kitten I'm also extremely fond of. <3

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

The problem with cats is their really outdated graphics. With bears they seem to me to be the worst done pets.
Saber cats are a bit better, but still too blocky.
Agner
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Agner »

Yeah, the cat graphics are just so poorly done. Their broken hind legs, their claws that are always sticking way out and in real life would prevent them from running, their blocky faces.

I WANT to like the cats, but they have the worst graphics of any pet, IMHO.

I've settled on the Lynx. Maybe because it used to be the druid cat form, a little more care has been given to it. Their faces aren't blocky; their teeth aren't so exaggerated; the coloring is smoothly gradated enough that it hides their broken rear legs. Both lynx colors are well done, so you can pick between flashy red and modest brown. My hunter prefers the brownish pets, so that's the way I went. I'm convinced it's the best cat model...now to see how well we bond, me and Scorn.

The other option that really stands out is Winna's Kitten, the green tiger with red stripes. It's just so different and the colors are so garish that it hides a lot of the flaws. I'm only level 44, but when I ding 47 I'll head over to Felwood to give her a shot. I think she'd be great for instances because she'd really stand out...you'd always know where she was. If any cat will have a lot of personality, that has to be the one.

Edit: whoops, change everything. I'm agreeing with Tyuriwen. It sounds like the Moonstalker is your cat.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Tyuriwen wrote:
I've been thinking about going to get the very first cat I've ever had [also named Kohta]. It's the black/blue striped moonstalker. I ran all the way there when my orc was high enough level. It took me a very long time! I don't see this cat running around with anyone and I just think it's so beautiful...
Surely that's your answer, my dear? =)
*nods* Exactly what I was thinking.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!