4.2 Legendary Staff Preview

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Vek'nilash, Area 52

Re: 4.2 Legendary Staff Preview

Unread post by Pokerfase »

Saturo wrote:Aye, and for a good reason: They could perform all of the roles in the game. THe design philosophy back then was "Jack of all trades, master of none", and it's incredibly much better than "Jack of all trades, master of all trades".

Either way, OT. :D
Druids/Paladins/etc. are supposed to be a "Jack of all trades, master of one." The only way they could master all trades is if they could specialize in all three at the same time.

Back on topic: This staf seems kinda like a way to make up for erasing Aetish from existence. Kinda. After all, Aetish is the only retired legendary weapon thus far.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

A single class should not be able to perform every role in the game with as great as or greater than performance than a dedicated class. Simple as that.

Either way, OT.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Vek'nilash, Area 52

Unread post by Pokerfase »

As much as I'd love to debate about the issue of class flexibility vs. balance of class capabilities, that would drive the thread off-topic.

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

For once, there is a legendary weapon that I really really want...Although my Druid is a tank/healer atm...I guess I;ll wait a bit to see what all the requirments are for each step of the weopon to see whether or not I'll go for it.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Just in case there are still others like me: This staff has been confirmed to be a DPS caster staff. From what I read it's being given an offensive proc. Which makes sense since healers had Val'nyr (or however it was spelled).

Honestly, this is the first legendary I've taken a genuine interest in; mostly because of the story line behind it. It makes me very tempted to level a mage in my DK's memory.

I'd also like to point out that in order to even begin the questline for this staff, you have to have cleared ALL of the current tier of raiding.

Good luck to anyone who's going to attempt this bad boy. :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Oh! Oh! We get a mini-pet when other guildies get it! Yay!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Yeah I wonder what it is. It's more likely blue drake related maybe a Mini maly or something.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I'd assume just from the name of the staff that it'd be a mini-Tyricgosa or whatever the name of the goat-dragon is.

I dunno. I want the staff, but I'd much rather have an Atiesh (not possible, never got enough splinters back in classic naxx) plus I play an elemental shaman now, and it's not likely that my guild will give the staff to... well, anyone but our shadow priest, I'd guess. Getting the pet when she finishes it will be something of a consolation, I suppose.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Just in case there are still others like me: This staff has been confirmed to be a DPS caster staff. From what I read it's being given an offensive proc. Which makes sense since healers had Val'nyr (or however it was spelled).
Going to be interesting to see how my casual raiding horde guild handles it. I might transfer over my ele shammy if she has a chance to get it. Slightly annoying that caster staffs are so good for ele shammies, but whatever...
Account has been closed at user's request.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Eh, ain't nothing wrong with a staff shammy, in my opinion. Unless they gave shammies a bonus for using a shield and one hander, I would say it doesn't really matter depending on how your raid leader handles things.

I should add the reminder on the initial post that this is a DPS weapon and that you have to have completed all current raid content to be eligible for the quest.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Eh, ain't nothing wrong with a staff shammy, in my opinion. Unless they gave shammies a bonus for using a shield and one hander, I would say it doesn't really matter depending on how your raid leader handles things.

I should add the reminder on the initial post that this is a DPS weapon and that you have to have completed all current raid content to be eligible for the quest.
It's possible that my guild might have that done before 4.2. A staff still means that I'll need a 1H and shield for times when I might have heavy damage inc that the armor would help with.

I just bought the 359 boe staff.. was tired of being stuck with subpar 1hers.
Account has been closed at user's request.