Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Do Want Deer, So badly

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

Do Want

Watching one of TotalHalibut's videos I was catching up on a few things to come from the PTR. Seeing the model for Malorne made me squeal with joy because I adore it. Too bad we can't tame deer in the game right now, because I would absolutely LOVE that model that could be tamed.

Perhaps not the same color (Maybe a different variation of one of the other deer, like maybe a Dark Brown, Brown, or even something more realistic), but something heh, heck I'd go out of my way to tame a Deer Model if it was a Spirit Beast, and that seems like the perfect Model for a Spirit Beast of some sort as well.

Sorry if this has been posted already (though I don't think it has) I just thought I'd pop this up since it's an interesting model.
Kayoh
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mal'Ganis

Re: Do Want Deer, So badly

Unread post by Kayoh »

Ohh me too! That model is lovely, but I'd adore even the old stag model anyday. :) The baby blue ones in the Dranei starting area was actually the first ever pet I tried taming... too my dismay it didn't happen. -_-'

One day, one day! :D

Sometimes, I still need you...

{Eljira, BE Hunter - Mal'Ganis - 90 BM}

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Considering the model belongs to Malorne, dont get your hopes too high. ^^;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

i want a mini-malorne... it'd be just like the mini-pet forms of the bosses KT, XT, and Ragnaros :D He just wont look rediculiously overcute with a huge head and goofy face though... id die if i saw that

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

All I want is one of the black Shadowhorn Stags. Always loved those. <3
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

i'd die for him either to be in a stag family or make a tameable spirit beast version of it ^^
Last edited by bluddy on Sat May 07, 2011 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

You want to tame Malorne.

Tame....Malorne.

Good-natured teasing aside...

He does have a beautiful model but I'm kind of exhausted by the "EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE TAMEABLE/RECOLORED INTO A SPIRIT BEAST" argument - I know it's a hunter-based forum but step back and look at everything that we're getting. We're spoiled rotten as is. Can we just let major lore NPCs be major lore NPCs in peace? Do we have to have Fandral and Malorne and Thrall and Saurfang and Varian in our stables before we start realizing that we've been getting basically everything we've asked for in the past few months? We'll stamp and huff and puff over Terrorpene getting a common counterpart, speak of how horrible recolored Loque's would be, and then turn around and beg for unarmored, tameable mount models and the father of Cenarius for a pet. I think some things need to stay out of our reach. Like, you know, major lore characters. ;P

I'm all for a stag family, just not with this model.

None of this is really directed at you, OP, I tend to wander with my posts. *re-rails thread*

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Sookie
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Arthas

Unread post by Sookie »

Vephriel wrote:All I want is one of the black Shadowhorn Stags. Always loved those. <3
I've always loved the deer and I looked this one up, and it is really amazing! So jealous... want :)
Last edited by Sookie on Sat May 07, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I just got hungry because of this. Deer does taste good.

So, anyhow. Yeah, that's an awesome deer.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sookie
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Sookie »

Honestly I understand where you are coming from Nubhorns, but just look at this model:

This is about 10 times the quality of the old deer model due to it being cataclysm vs. vanilla. I think most people would be content with a deer model upgrade that made them look a little more natural (in tems of the body shape/movement) like Malorne's model is. All of the beautiful colors, markings, feathers, etc. could be gone. It wouldn't even have to be the same body, just maybe a deer that looks a little less big & tough, but still is of the same quality of graphic.
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Yeah... no. Leave Malorne be. The regular stags are fine. His model is gorgeous, as it should be for someone of his stature. He needs to stay unique. I don't think we need more beasts added, though it's always fun. Hydras would be cool, and I can maybe see Stags- just not this model- but after that, most I would even think about wishing for would be higher polygon models for vanilla creatures we have already. Some might argue that they love the old Dire wolves and cats, but they need model upgrades. One thing I can't agree with though, is using the Lore figures as tamable creatures. There is plenty they can do with what we already have, effects can be added to existing models/skins to make things interesting. Hell, at this point, I would be happy with an extra stable slot or two just because we were given so many new playthings; with Hydras possibly on the Horizon, or more Spirit Beasts? >_<
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

i don't say we need to tame malorne but isn't it possible for there to be other pets with a skin alike that? *and yes i'm spoiled and i will tame Varian when i get the chance >:)*
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

spoiled hunters are spoiled....

that being said malorne model needs to be left alone thats all... and i dont care if they ever add in new things for me to tame i just want an inifinite sized stable

/rerails thread

bye ^.^

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Sookie
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Sookie »

Kurenio wrote:... i just want an inifinite sized stable

....DROOOOL :D

And yes, the thing I want the most too is models of higher quality, whether they're new, old, redone - anything.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

Cool model! This is the occasion to have tamable stags! I would love the Ashenvale ones.
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

If people really want to tame malorne I suggest stripping him of all his special shiny stuff and turn him into a normal stag
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

I didn't say I ever wanted to tame Malorne himself, I was more akin to a model update as well. Sure, the classic Vanilla stags look lovely, but for me, I prefer something a bit more natural in a deer. And with a upgrade it would be nice, especially for the Vanilla stags. I love them, but seeing what was in Vanilla compared to some of the things in Cata you can tell they need at least an update in their appearance.

I'm just one of those people who love a real looking deer over something like the stags you see from Vanilla I guess XD Heck, I'd love Blizzard if they put in a Moose or Elk Model in the game... or even a regular White Tail Deer/Mule Deer Model.

Yeah that's just me rambling now lol
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I just had to do it!

But I do want xD
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Nubhorns wrote:
He does have a beautiful model but I'm kind of exhausted by the "EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE TAMEABLE/RECOLORED INTO A SPIRIT BEAST" argument - I know it's a hunter-based forum but step back and look at everything that we're getting. We're spoiled rotten as is. Can we just let major lore NPCs be major lore NPCs in peace? Do we have to have Fandral and Malorne and Thrall and Saurfang and Varian in our stables before we start realizing that we've been getting basically everything we've asked for in the past few months? We'll stamp and huff and puff over Terrorpene getting a common counterpart, speak of how horrible recolored Loque's would be, and then turn around and beg for unarmored, tameable mount models and the father of Cenarius for a pet. I think some things need to stay out of our reach. Like, you know, major lore characters. ;P

I'm all for a stag family, just not with this model.
Hehe, I agree Nub. We have a lot of beautiful pets as it is, and for major lore figures I just don't think it would be right to have tameable versions of their unique models. Same goes for the Fandral forms. The fire cat and scorpid are awesome looking, but I think they're better remaining as original boss forms.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Saturo wrote:I just got hungry because of this. Deer does taste good.
Yes, yes, a deer family would be nice in game..

and tasty.. (Saturo and I agree on something! :shock: ), allthough to be fair, female elk are the best tasting. Stags get a little gamey, especially during hunting season.
Account has been closed at user's request.