More reason why Stags should be tameable in 4.2

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

More reason why Stags should be tameable in 4.2

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Besides the fact Ghostcrawler promised us Moose, Malorne is back with a sexy skin. My suggestion is that Stags become tameable next patch with an NPC with Malorne's skin like they did with the two ancient turtle skins.

Stags: Normal pets.

Ferocity. (Because I cannot imagine a Moose in cunning. And Moose are not Rhinos for tenacity. Besides, what do you think a raging bull moose is going to do with those antlers? )

Ability: Impale. "The Stag bucks it's antlers into the flesh of the target, stunning it for 3 seconds and for 20 seconds will take additional bleed damage" (And the target can be carried around by the moose as the target's model will be stuck on the Moose's antlers for the 3 seconds)
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

rubybeam
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: More reason why Stags should be tameable in 4.2

Unread post by rubybeam »

I'll agree with you on the stags becoming tamable thing
But making malorne a tamable NPC......no. just no.
the Skin was created for malorne and malorne only, hes a huge lore figure, sometimes even considered a god which is why he got the unique skin
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

rubybeam wrote:I'll agree with you on the stags becoming tamable thing
the Skin was created for malorne and malorne only, hes a huge lore figure, sometimes even considered a god which is why he got the unique skin
Not only a god, the FATHER of CENARIUS... If you tamed him, Im willing to bet all the druids would declare a war against the hunters.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

Shirubia wrote:
Not only a god, the FATHER of CENARIUS... If you tamed him, Im willing to bet all the druids would declare a war against the hunters.
don't forget the Green Dragonflight.....Ysera...she would not be amused, and I doubt Alexstrasza could change her mind.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Setanta wrote:
Shirubia wrote:
don't forget the Green Dragonflight.....Ysera...she would not be amused, and I doubt Alexstrasza could change her mind.
I doubt Alexstrasza would help us either.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

rubybeam

that to.
I know a few people are suggesting though that we remove all his special stuff such as the blue stripes, runed horns, feathers etc..etc and add just plain stag skins to it.
this way stags get a shiny new model, it isnt really a famous lore figure were taming or anything, it can be a common mob and were all happy
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Setanta »

eh if she's willing to help Orcs despite the atrocities committed by the Dragonmaw under the command of Zuluhed, she might be willing to try to save the rest of the mortal races :)

Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I dont want the stags to be remodeled. I like them as they are and Malorne's face still looks funky.

LisaaraPokefarm

Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Setanta »

I for one will tame Malorne and blame it on Fandral.

Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg

rubybeam

I was just reading on WoWpedia
malrone is also the lover of elune, said to be the moon in tauren myth, Got ysera to open her eyes (one of the only times to)

okay okay i'll stop...
its just really fun to tell how great malorne is, its almost as if he was chuck norris's son with all the things he did
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

So I'm guessing the turtle ancient is acceptable to having a direct copy, but Malorne is limited just because he is alot more powerful, respected, and known? I mean he could've had other children that look like him, no? I'm not exactly saying we should be able to tame Malorne himself.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Just regular stags for me would be awesome (along with a few extra stable slots :).) As lovely as Malorne's skin is I don't want to tame lore important NPCs, even if I don't care about the lore myself.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Jessibelle wrote:I dont want the stags to be remodeled. I like them as they are and Malorne's face still looks funky.
I was suggesting ONE specific stag NPC to be re-skinned to Malorne's skin like they did with Tortolla. Not the entire population.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

PorrasouxRex wrote:
So I'm guessing the turtle ancient is acceptable to having a direct copy, but Malorne is limited just because he is alot more powerful, respected, and known? I mean he could've had other children that look like him, no? I'm not exactly saying we should be able to tame Malorne himself.
Yes, cause Cenarius looks just like him....

Also his children would be considered demi-gods in their own right. So again...no....just....no. No children taming(we cant tame humanoid anyway). No Malorne taming. Seriously guys, we're spoiled enough. x_x;

And Rex, someone else, if you read, was asking for ALL stags to be remodeled after Malorne. Thats why I made the comment of no remodels. :)

LisaaraPokefarm

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Jessibelle wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:
Yes, cause Cenarius looks just like him....

Also his children would be considered demi-gods in their own right. So again...no....just....no. No children taming(we cant tame humanoid anyway). No Malorne taming. Seriously guys, we're spoiled enough. x_x;

And Rex, someone else, if you read, was asking for ALL stags to be remodeled after Malorne. Thats why I made the comment of no remodels. :)
Because Cenarius was the child of Malorne and Elune. Malorne could've mated with other stags. And let's look at Loque again for a moment. He IS a mate of a god. We were also able to tame her cursed children in Zul'drak.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

He's the mate of a Loa. I think Loa's are actually demi-gods, not actual full gods and that only pertains to trolls mostly. Loque and Harkoa are identical. So them both being beasts, they're bound to make beast kids. But the beast kids arent as powerful as mommy and daddy demi-gods.

Malorne and Elune are eternal mates. I highly doubt he went and cheated on his beloved. Cenarius only mated multiple times cause he never had a set consort. He was just reproducing while as Malorne is set perma with Elune.

LisaaraPokefarm

rubybeam

Even with all this I still feel that we shouldn't let malnores model become tamable, plus malnore lived MILLIONS of years ago and died in a war, any animal children I doubt could survive that long unless they were immortal or something
I agree with everyone else that hunters get too spoiled
I should also mention that luqoe and all of his children weren't major lore charrys
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

And to add to that, alot of NPCs in WoW are wierd when it comes to looking like siblings/mate/parents. Loque looks like his mate. But his mate's children are completely different. As are Tortolla's children look different, but someone else looks just like him. Perhaps Ghamoo-ra was Tortolla's child that just took the genes for his looks?

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

rubybeam wrote:Even with all this I still feel that we shouldn't let malnores model become tamable, plus malnore lived MILLIONS of years ago and died in a war, any animal children I doubt could survive that long unless they were immortal or something
I agree with everyone else that hunters get too spoiled
I should also mention that luqoe and all of his children weren't major lore charrys
yeah theres also that. Loque'nahak and Har'koa don't mean squat compared to Malorne.

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Hell, we're still heavily hoping that hydras will be finalized in 4.2 and here you come barging in practically demanding that stags should be made tamable just because Malorne got a fancy model?

I'm going to disagree. I think Malorne's model should be left alone, just like after realizing the flaming cat is Fandral's cat form, I don't think those should be tamable. If they reskinned and recolored them...maybe, but otherwise I think major lore characters should be left alone.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]