AoE pet?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Eyowinn
Realm: Dragonmaw

AoE pet?

Unread post by Eyowinn »

Hey Petopia, im looking for a AoE pet, since my Devilsaurs isn't that good at it ;)
Im level 73 (BM)

Thanks!

/Keep on rocking! :headbang:
Tarbano
Realm: Drak' Thul

Re: AoE pet?

Unread post by Tarbano »

Hm... Well, Crocolisks are good at keeping multiple targets aggroed, but only if they are attacking it. Crocs also got alot of health and a lot of armor
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Bears. Swipe ftw!
Eyowinn

Unread post by Eyowinn »

I heard that gorillas were good for AoEing, but i just started again after a long break..

What's best?? and why?
Helio
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nessingwary (US)

Unread post by Helio »

Gorillas had it because of their lovely thunderstomp ability...which is no longer a gorilla specific ability but instead all Tenacity Pets have it.
Much thanks to Saturo for the awesome signature.
Eyowinn

Unread post by Eyowinn »

So should i go for a bear, with thunderstomp? :)
Lilandre
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow (US

Unread post by Lilandre »

Sporebats have a neat aoe ability, but the ability itself isn't really high damage. The armor reduction could possibly boost your group/raid's physical aoe damage above what your devilsaur would put out, but you would need to have a rather melee/hunter heavy group. Also there are some drawbacks to the ability: It wont stack with Faerie fire (although in a heavy aoe environment its a moot point), if the pack of mobs are moved out of the spore cloud the effect leaves them (its like a pallys consecrate or a dks D&D), Cunning pets are kinda squishy.

If you do try a sporebat be sure to spec into roar of recovery. The mana regen will allow you to stay out of viper (almost completely with longevity) so you can volley to your hearts content.

Lil, What does beast lore say about its armor rating?
ITS OVER 9000!!!!

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

Dont all tenacity pets have the ability to aoe if you spec them for it.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

All tenacity pets get the Thunderstomp ability, but some species have their racial skill as an AoE/multiple target as well (Bears, Crocolisks, etc) which makes them even more useful. :)
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Now the question is, when you say aoe do you mean aoe threat, aoe damage, or aoe debuff?

Aoe threat, I'd go bear, hands down. Thunderstomp AND swipe = golden.
Aoe debuff, the dust cloud from the tallstriders is nice. Carrion birds' screech also rocks as a debuff.
Aoe damage... uhm. I don't think any pet has that, beyond bears' swipe.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

OzRalia

Unread post by OzRalia »

Rhino is my favorite tanking pet, tuff as old boots. I use my rhino to 2 man ZG with a healer friend. But as stated bears swipe will add extra aoe aggro.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Rhino's are somewhat useless tho as their stampede ability only buffs bleed damage- no knockback even, no dazing, no stunning, nothing. As much as I love Rhinos, the change made me lose interest fairly quick. While nothing is wrong with a rhino.. unfortunately there are three better pets than a Rhino atm.

Bear: Two AoE's, is the new gorilla.
Crocolisk: A bit more micromanagement needed, Bad Attitude can glitch and not go off if buffed with Thorns so be wary when paired with a druid
Turtle: Shell Shield may not do damage but it -reduces- damage, pair it up with Cower and or Longevity and you have two nice ohcrap buttons to press when damage starts getting dished out like no tomorrow.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Another rather attractive Tenacity Pet is the Warpstalker. Their warp causes the next 3 attacks against them to have a 50% chance to miss, which in my mind is very handsome. xD

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael