Tallstrider questions

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Tallstrider questions

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Since it was to difficult and I didn't have enough gold to dual spec my level 65 hunter to get a Devilsaur and copy everyone else ( :lol: ) I went ahead and created a new toon (female Night Elf) under the Argent Dawn server. She's now at level 22 and learning fast. My first pet was a Tallstrider which I've loved since day one.
As soon as the new toon hit level 20 I went for the Strider Clutchmother. My first few attempts to tame her didn't go so well because she kept knocking me down but I wasn't about to give up. Finally I got her! She is an awesome pet! I still have my original Tallstrider though. I named my clutchmother "Blue".
Now for my question after my windbagging.

Blue learned the talent Cobra Reflexes as her first (which was accidental).
Original Tallstrider learned Dash as her first.

At what level do they learn a new talent????

I wanted Blue to also learn dash as her first talent but I hit the wrong one in error. Do I unlearn my talents and relearn them to see if that gets Blue the dash talent or will she hit another talent spec soon?? Blue is at level 22 also.

I hope all this makes sense. :oops:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Re: Tallstrider questions

Unread post by Gimlion »

You can go to a Pet Trainer near any hunter trainer to unlearn pet talents, and you also get a new talent point for your pet ever 4 levels of theirs

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

You can visit the hunter trainer, and a Pet Trainer should be nearby. You can unlearn her talents free of charge. :)
But just a side note, don't worry too much, Cobra Reflexes is a key talent in any dps pet.
..Tallstriders ftw..
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Since your questions have already been answered, all just add a hello for a fellow tallstrider fan. =)

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Just to clarify our questions about talent points.
Pets start gaining talent points at level 20, and then learn one more every 4 levels.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Thank you for all the replies! I went ahead and unlearned her talent and had her learn dash which is a huge help. Next will be her cobra reflexes. I love my Tallstriders.
I really need to get the gold to make room in my stable on my level 65 toon to add a Tallstrider to her collection and maybe someting else. :D

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Congo-Rats on the tame!!...
I do like the blue better than the big pinkie.. And with her 2 young beside her, a dificult tame for a 22 lvl... Congrats again

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed