Idea Forum for Rare Tameable Hunter Pets

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Idea Forum for Rare Tameable Hunter Pets

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Title says all :lol: Post your ideas and concept art of any Rare Spawn Hunter Pet that should be tameable. (Include a Name for the Pet what type of beast ex. Shale Spider, Rarity, what it will look like [please include massive detail or Concept Art :3], and where it will be located!) Also lore would be fun. Have fun I will read on your ideas/suggestions soon :D

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Idea Forum for Rare Tameable Hunter Pets

Unread post by Lisaara »

We already have a thread like that. I don't think we need another. :)

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6336

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

This is for 4.2 not previous patches.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

That isn't for previous patches. It's for in general futures. :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

While the idea is awesome, ive posted in two threads about it with a rarespawn ive invented, they're focusing entirely on making a new zone that has all fire-related or druid-related creatures so unless its similar to that, it wont be implimented into 4.2. It also takes a lot of work and time to create a creature from scratch or to reskin a creature with a skin that belongs to a different model (example, my idea for a diseased fox, wolf is the closest they can get without completely re-doing the skin but it will still take a lot of work for it to fit around the foxes model properly)

Again though, i loooooooove the idea of being the mastermind behind your very own rarespawn but there are other threads and the PTR board is just for whats going into the PTR and what we suspect will be in the PTR, this would be best in the WoW General board

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I agree it would be nice if we can actually suggest Rare Spawn Hunter Pets to be implemented within the game I wanted to do it because for one, i'm tired of waiting for our so called "Hydra" pet we were supposed to get it in 4.1 now 4.2 and even on the PTR they are still not tameable. I'm tired of their teases, I figured seeing others ideas on Rare Spawn Hunter Pets would be a nice way to relieve this stress.

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

They never said they'd give us hydras in 4.1, nor are they saying they will give us hydras in 4.2 or in 4.3 or 4.4 or so on. They only tell you something if they plan to go through with it 100% unless the feedback from players forces them to reject it and they will tell us that. All they did was simply create a new family. Gezzerak the Huntress was when she was first implimented tameable but she had a lot of bugs with her. They fixed her BUT made her untameable for like, 3 1/2 - 4 years until Cataclysm when they finally decided 'okay, we're gonna give you guys back Gezzerak, you've asked long enough for her.'

Same goes for Snakes. Tameable in Vanilla and then suddenly *boom* untameable and you could not even feed them. Then blizzard was like 'why did we make them untameable again? Eh lets fix that and make more snakes for everyone'(i dont entirely remember the whole deal behind the snakes so i dunno if thats actually the gist of what they thought or if it was player demands for snakes to return).

Also remember, The ghost hydra & the slime & the ghost croc & grimtotem spirit guides & and Garwol (wolf that turns into a worgen) & the spectral wolves from SFK back at the very very very beginning of WoW that was very quickly fixed were not supposed to be tameable but people still tamed them. They discovered that blizzard made a mistake and took full advantage of it. Blizzard was not ready nor wanted these to be tameable but it happened anyways but they fixed them all. They even eliminated Garwol from every hunter that had tamed him because they did not want players with a worgen for a pet.

Grimtotem Spirit Guide however gained a spirit beast counterpart, it took them like 3 years but thing is, it happened. Hydras will become tameable, i know that 100%, especially because they took the time to create a family but if you look at time frames, it may happen in 4.2 or it may happen all the way down the road, 2 years later at 5.3.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

*whispers.* I'm tired of hunters demanding for more and more things, considering they've got tons of amazing things already. But hey. Some people are just never satisfied. *shrugs.*

Either way, they have bigger problems to worry about then giving hunters hydras. Like, you know, a whole new raid/quest hubs/daily hubs? I imagine if they come out, they'll be much, much, much later. So don't freak out yet.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I agree Hunters have a lot of good stuff but they did say in the patch notes of 4.1 "Hydras are now tameable" and with an update they said suposabely 4.2 ect.

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Azunara wrote:*whispers.* I'm tired of hunters demanding for more and more things, considering they've got tons of amazing things already. But hey. Some people are just never satisfied. *shrugs.*
I love you. Marry me so we can have the same opinion on a lot of things.

I'll accept a *highfive* as well.

The hydra party can just keep their pants on and wait like everyone else, imo. Blizzard never promised anything upfront when it came to release dates, as far as I know all we had was a mysteriously disappearing patch note and datamined skills and a few GMs saying "soon". I don't doubt that they will be released eventually, but the near constant "I want my hydra nooooooooooww" whine kind of makes my head spin. Sit down. Wait. You'll get your hydra in due time. Even if you peeked in the closet and knew what you were getting, you still weren't allowed to open any presents until the Holidays proper, were you?

Edit: I should probably clarify that I'm not saying anyone here is whining, it's just the easiest word to use in this case.
Last edited by Nubhorns on Mon May 23, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Xakaal wrote: especially because they took the time to create a family but if you look at time frames, it may happen in 4.2 or it may happen all the way down the road, 2 years later at 5.3.

=0
*slow motion dramtic music and i drop to my knees*
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
*grabs at chest and falls to the floor*

*two curtains come out and a sign comes up that reads Fin*

signature thanks to Kurieno
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Cerele wrote:
Xakaal wrote: especially because they took the time to create a family but if you look at time frames, it may happen in 4.2 or it may happen all the way down the road, 2 years later at 5.3.

=0
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

*whispers - Drama King* - Also its Veph not Vap in your siggy.. Just thought I'd let you know ;)

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Nubhorns wrote:
Azunara wrote:*whispers.* I'm tired of hunters demanding for more and more things, considering they've got tons of amazing things already. But hey. Some people are just never satisfied. *shrugs.*
I love you. Marry me so we can have the same opinion on a lot of things.

I'll accept a *highfive* as well.

I'LL GO GET THE RING.

(Kidding! *high-fives!*)
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Vulpixen wrote:
Cerele wrote:

=0
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

*whispers - Drama King* - Also its Veph not Vap in your siggy.. Just thought I'd let you know ;)

just trying to make you laugh, ahh well and what difference does it make? is there a vap on here? sorry im not trying to be smart im just curious

signature thanks to Kurieno
Sickhuntz56
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sickhuntz56 »

We need a different type of spirit beasts. All of the current ones are light, bright, and glowing. We need a dark shadowy one :D

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

not demanding/whining it would just be nice for some pet love considering how important pets are with being a huge part of the dps with bm spec, and bringing a necessary buff to the raid.

With hydras they already have all the mechanics for it since those with ghost hydras have already said so, and considering the indepth detail they have gone in putting into other mobs like the new and improved fire mobs and the elementals and the ghost stags, im just saying it be nice if they would add some more pet love if they could. Instead of slapping old skins on new tameable mobs, or making the really amazing mobs not tameable..

*shrugs* but that could just be me.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Cerele wrote: is there a vap on here? sorry im not trying to be smart im just curious
It's no biggie, just a small typo regarding the Vaph ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Sickhuntz56 wrote:We need a different type of spirit beasts. All of the current ones are light, bright, and glowing. We need a dark shadowy one :D
I fully support this.... I say the next spirit beast is a shadowy Hydra to be released with all the other hydras!

but....

I would be happy with any spirit beast

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

We need a spirit beast thats like loque, or even skoll not looking like them but not just a ghostly version of some skin and have some sparkles or gas on it.. something thats nice and unique considering we have a ton of ghost non spirit beasts and regular non spirit beasts like terrorpene that have so much more detail. Maybe a fire Sambas (less mane would be nice) or a fire devilsaur!

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!