SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

The full gamut of taming challenges?

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

So, as we have been recently been informed about
Pets

8 new rare tamable beasts have been added, each of which provides a unique taming challenge. Will you be the first hunter to tame Deth'tilac, the rarest and most powerful of them all? Players will need to progress through the Hyjal Regrowth and Molten Front daily questing areas in order to unlock access to the full gamut of taming challenges.

Main thread over Here ---> http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 36&t=12146

One is left speculating about what on earth these "taming challenges" Could be? Is it just a rare spawn? Will it require a group? Will you need to kite, trap and juggle multiple mods at the same time? What would YOU deem a taming challenge?

Let your imaginations run wild!.....

For me, I would love to see some really clever mechanics involved during the tagging, fighting and and taming!

One example maybe..

A mob that once you engage has a speed buff upon it increasing it's moment speed by 220%. It has a lot of HP and this one is also a big hitter, 60-70k non crit, 1-2 shots and your down for the count!

However as you do damage it's speed buff decreases. (100% speed is our standard run speed)
at 80%hp or lower, it drops to 180% movement speed,
At 60%hp or lower, 120%, movement speed,
At 40%hp or lower, 80% movement speed,
At 20%hp or lower, 40% movement speed,
At 10%hp or lower 20% movement speed
At 5%hp, becomes enrages and becomes Immune to all damage, slowing abilities and its speed increases back to 220%

If the beast senses anyone else in the fight it will simply run off and despawn for a short duration.

The trick with this one would be having to kite the mod until you and it are at the optimal speed reduction and at the right distance to be able to tame the beast before it gets to you and kills you.
At the start concussive would need to be chained and one would have to remain in cheetah until you are able to kite and wear it's HP and speed down enough to be able to tame. If you can not control your Dps at the crucial moment of being able to tame (between 10-5%) it will enrage and you will pay the price. If you die to it however, it will not despawn, simply reset.

Oh and for a further challenge they could always have other mobs spawn around it with a fast respawn timer that you have to kite around or out of during the encounter... but that is just a little mean ;)

This tame would challenge your kiting abilities, timing and your dps control.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
marzix
Realm: Hellscream

Re: The full gamut of taming challenges?

Unread post by marzix »

What if the challenges didn't even involve you actually using 'Tame Pet' and the pet was a reward for doing something similar to this. Maybe Hemet has you get on the back of his mount (like the quest in Scholazar or the ones in N Barrens) and you have to keep adds off you and the mount until the big game comes. Then you have to wear it out or sedate it or something. Maybe one is like a mini game similar where it is phased like Plants vs Zombies but maybe it is like checkers or like a match game where you are facing off vs a really smart bird or monkey/gorilla. They could make a "guitar hero" type game where you have to hit 1-4 in the order it appears on your screen in order to climb to the top of a mountain to get a really sweet pet (or conversely climb into a very deep cave and then out).
Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

Ya know what I'd like to see that would be interesting? Something of a more realistic tame... Like when you raised the mounts, you have to take foods each day and literally work with the beast in gaining it's trust. Make the beast unable to be killed, it just runs off if you hurt it, but if you go and feed it each day over the course of a week or so, finally you befriend it.

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Snowwalker wrote:Ya know what I'd like to see that would be interesting? Something of a more realistic tame... Like when you raised the mounts, you have to take foods each day and literally work with the beast in gaining it's trust. Make the beast unable to be killed, it just runs off if you hurt it, but if you go and feed it each day over the course of a week or so, finally you befriend it.
Great idea while extremely grindy it would put something behind getting a pet.... but for rares such as these i dont think itll work

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

Chimaron(sp)
new tameable pet
only tameable if two people are in the raid...

bwhahahahah

signature thanks to Kurieno
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Cerele wrote:Chimaron(sp)
new tameable pet
only tameable if two people are in the raid...

bwhahahahah

one thing comes to mind..... core hound hero + pally bubble go

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

how would you get by defence system? let alone magma

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Kurenio »

Higher a raid to do those 2 bosses then kick them out

My Characters
Rongar, Serenith and Me!

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

you entered with a full raid, chimaron is no longer tameable for that raid

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Okay, so we've seen how two of them work: the bird is super-high up and hits like a truck and the cat's attacks scale with the tamer's gear. Oh, and I suppose Ghostcrawler counts as well - he phases every now and then and hits like 50 trucks.

I doubt this idea would be feasible for either zone, but I could see putting a rare in a fatigue area, so there's no time to kill the thing, only tame it....then you have to spirit res when you die afterwards. That would take speed and precision timing and not so much skill, but eh, it's a thought. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sookie
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Arthas

Unread post by Sookie »

Kalliope wrote:I doubt this idea would be feasible for either zone, but I could see putting a rare in a fatigue area, so there's no time to kill the thing, only tame it....then you have to spirit res when you die afterwards. That would take speed and precision timing and not so much skill, but eh, it's a thought. :)
Very cool idea :)

Brings painful flashbacks of death swimming to Teldrassil on my belf baby for Duskstalker though, lol.
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Mmm... I think I would like a Rhok'Delar esque challenge, where you must solo a certain beast (without any kind of help) to somewhere 10% hp before it ''submits'' and aknowledges you as a hunter worthy of being his partner.