Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: New Hunter Pet Ankha

Unread post by Lisaara »

Eziwolf wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
Eziwolf wrote:It's nice, but still a lame recolour. I'll keep my classic Gondria!
Not a recolor. It was already in the database at the same time of Gondria. Gondria was just released first. :)
Ok maybe not a recolour but still, nothing new.
It wasn't in the game before, therefore it is new. ;)
TygerDarkstorm wrote:It seriously disappoints me that some people feel the need to complain about the new gifts we're given by Blizzard. I don't expect everyone to love everything they put out, and disliking it is fine, but complaining that we're getting something new at all when Blizzard doesn't have to give us anything is disheartening.

The fact that they're adding 8 new beasts to be tamed in a more challenging fashion is amazing and we should be praising it, even if all the models aren't brand new. Considering everything else they put out with the patches, we should be happy they give us new pets at all and not just expect them to fall in our laps. :)
^This, completely. We're the most spoiled class and still we complain when we get something new. It's amazing to see people doing this.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Ironic; Ankha could take out a raid, but a naked hunter can tame the beast without a problem.
TygerDarkstorm wrote:It seriously disappoints me that some people feel the need to complain about the new gifts we're given by Blizzard. I don't expect everyone to love everything they put out, and disliking it is fine, but complaining that we're getting something new at all when Blizzard doesn't have to give us anything is disheartening.

The fact that they're adding 8 new beasts to be tamed in a more challenging fashion is amazing and we should be praising it, even if all the models aren't brand new. Considering everything else they put out with the patches, we should be happy they give us new pets at all and not just expect them to fall in our laps. :)
Agreed. Besides, these 8 were released at once, so you need to judge them as a package (once we know the entire contents of said package).
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Nordur
Realm: Elune, Runetotem

Unread post by Nordur »

I'm really grateful of the special attention that hunters are getting all of a sudden, and I love the idea of a new taming mechanic...

But seriously? Another cat spirit beast? I just don't know what it is about blizz and cats... they have the most skins available for taming, other than maybe Wolves or Birds of Prey, and they even have an extra ability. They're almost at the level of exotics at this point! And on top of this they're adding another cat to the ranks of spirit beasts. I don't know. I'm still pretty happy that they added 8 new pets, but still, a change would have been nice. At least they added a spirit owl too, although that's not really my taste either.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

We've only seen two of eight potential pets. You can't really make a final judgement until you've seen them all.

Considering all of the other content they're working on for 4.2, we're lucky they're adding this at all.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Nordur
Realm: Elune, Runetotem

Unread post by Nordur »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:We've only seen two of eight potential pets. You can't really make a final judgement until you've seen them all.
Yeah, I know that I'm being a little Preemptive, but unless i see a spirit Beetle, Scorpion, or Silithid, i still won't be happy with this. I also think that these will be the only two spirit beasts, or at least if there are more, they'll only add 1 or 2, because if they added so many spirit beasts it'd be kinda shunning the other specs of hunters.
TygerDarkstorm wrote:Considering all of the other content they're working on for 4.2, we're lucky they're adding this at all.
Yeah, I'm still grateful that we're getting this kind of attention, it's been a while since blizzard added something for hunters specifically.
Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Well, since it's the PTR, I'm sort of hoping it doesn't turn out to be a Gondria clone and it instead becomes the spectral, Spirit Beast version of Sambas.
Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

::sigh:: Why not give them unique looks instead of taking a pet that already excist and just giving them the "misty" effect. Skoll n Loque still seem like the two best for me.
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Caanin
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Caanin »

I like this cat, I prefer her over Gondria!!!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Heleos wrote:::sigh:: Why not give them unique looks instead of taking a pet that already excist and just giving them the "misty" effect. Skoll n Loque still seem like the two best for me.
You realize that no other single spec of any class in the game gets the art department working on making them new beasts every patch? Please don't act like you deserve more attention. Expecting unique models just for a tiny subset every patch is entirely absurd. Three spirit beasts this patch, one with a brand new skin and effects, is pretty damn good if you ask me. And since there are other unused spirit beast skins in the database left over from previous patches of course you can expect they're going to use them. It'd be a tragedy if they never made it into the game.

Funny you brought up Skoll as somehow more unique or different. Using your reductionist arguments he's just a saber wolf recolor with a few lightning effects on top.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Wain wrote:
Heleos wrote:::sigh:: Why not give them unique looks instead of taking a pet that already excist and just giving them the "misty" effect. Skoll n Loque still seem like the two best for me.
You realize that no other single spec of any class in the game gets the art department working on making them new beasts every patch? Please don't act like you deserve more attention. Expecting unique models just for a tiny subset every patch is entirely absurd. Three spirit beasts this patch, one with a brand new skin and effects, is pretty damn good if you ask me. And since there are other unused spirit beast skins in the database left over from previous patches of course you can expect they're going to use them. It'd be a tragedy if they never made it into the game.

Funny you brought up Skoll as somehow more unique or different. Using your reductionist arguments he's just a saber wolf recolor with a few lightning effects on top.
I love you. :hug:

I was trying to get that message across but you did it so much better. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

100% agreed, Wain. And there are still six beasties to go, so we're even MORE spoiled this patch than usual.

Edit: six, not five. My brain is leaking.
Last edited by Kalliope on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I gotta admit, a bit surprised by some of the complaining.

There's 8 new pets out. We've only found 2? I could be wrong but it sounds like majority are still out there waiting to be discovered. Why not wait til we see all 8 before people get up in arms about it being a cat/Gondria clone/recolor/spirit beast/etc.?

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rikaku wrote:I gotta admit, a bit surprised by some of the complaining.

There's 8 new pets out. We've only found 2? I could be wrong but it sounds like majority are still out there waiting to be discovered. Why not wait til we see all 8 before people get up in arms about it being a cat/Gondria clone/recolor/spirit beast/etc.?
Agreed. Still too early to start the complaints.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kalliope wrote:Interesting to note, but this exact skin color wasn't up on Petopia previously. The green and blue versions of Gondria appear to be different.

This variation on the theme may have existed at the same time as Gondria, but it may not have been in WMV....and if it was, it didn't make it to Petopia, which seems rather unlikely, since the other colors did.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the skin listed as "green". The pic on Petopia makes it look pretty greenish, but in WMV is always looked very white, much like the pics above.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wain wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Interesting to note, but this exact skin color wasn't up on Petopia previously. The green and blue versions of Gondria appear to be different.

This variation on the theme may have existed at the same time as Gondria, but it may not have been in WMV....and if it was, it didn't make it to Petopia, which seems rather unlikely, since the other colors did.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the skin listed as "green". The pic on Petopia makes it look pretty greenish, but in WMV is always looked very white, much like the pics above.
*dies* That's excellent news then! :D Thanks for the clarification/correction! :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

I love this skin :(

When the Spectral Sabercat skins (purple, aqua, and white) were first datamined before Gondria was released, this white one was the one I said I wanted to tame. I love all three skins, but I'm in an odd position right now; no stable slots. Not sure what I am going to do, as if they decide to release Skoll's other colors, I'm in an even stickier spot; I love the gray skin : /
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote:

Thanks Wain! Excellently put. :)
meunkin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by meunkin »

Wain wrote:

:hug:
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Wain wins, flawless victory, everyone go home. :P

I'm just going to save this post and paste it every time the argument comes up. He's so much better at explaining it than I am.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wins life. <3

LisaaraPokefarm