Alliance Hunter Taming the Same Pet

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Bostwick
Realm: Draenor-US

Alliance Hunter Taming the Same Pet

Unread post by Bostwick »

Hey, I am on the US Draenor realm and wanted to warn people of a female dwarf hunter. I and a few other hunters had been camping in the molten front for the new challenge tames and I noticed her running around with Skarr already tamed just killing mobs. I thought nothing of it and ignored her for the most part.

She then saw me just sitting there and proceeded to pull out Deth, and Skarr over and over again obviously trying to mess with my npc scan. I logged off, cleared my cache and logged back in and she wasn't there. She saw me spawn back in I suppose and came over and did it again. I did the /spit and /shoo emotes among other things but she wouldn't leave.

I guess she got tired of it after awhile because she walked away and left me alone. A little bit later npc scan pops up that Skarr had spawned, I already had it so I was going to help a fellow horde hunter. I jump down to help and I notice the hunter is there, we fail and die once and as we spawn back in I notice the hunter is taming Skarr. She successfully tames it, does a /spit on us, and walks away.

Just a warning for any other hunters on Draenor, watch out for her as she seems to just be griefing at this point.

*edited for name
Last edited by Bostwick on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Alliance Hunter Taming the Same Pet

Unread post by Vephriel »

Naming and shaming is not allowed here, so please remove the name from your post. Feel free to vent, but do not pinpoint others specifically.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

well im not sure. hunter killing hunter focused pets isnt right and i have no idea what fun theyd get out of it.
its not cool its hunters like these that make me a sad panda

signature thanks to Kurieno
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

You can warn us without using her name; "dwarven female" is enough ;) You could open a ticket about the griefing, though, just in case they can do anything.
Phaul578
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Phaul578 »

More proof that Blizz should have made these pets go into a phased taming element. More and more stories about worthless pets being stolen (Spiders...really?) from other hunters who worked hard to get them is getting STUPID.
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

I was dying trying to tame Kirix (literally, too). If ANYTHING had happened and I'd lost him, oh, Blizzard would know my feelings on it. Boy, wold they know...
Bostwick

original post edited to take out the hunter's name, I'm still very new to these forums and I apologize for being unaware.

And I agree that there should be some kind of "focus" that the tameable mob gets when a hunter does attempt to tame said mob, that would make it much easier to prevent griefing. Good to know that griefing can be reported, I'll probably do that shortly.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Wait...so she tamed a SECOND Skarr out of spite just to keep you guys from getting it at all?

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Had that happen with Ankha last night to a fellow hunter. The Belf stole the tame of Ankha off of one of my friends, and then the next night, she spawned again, and the Belf tamed it again out of spite so he couldn't get it. She then proceeded to flaunt the fact that she had two of the same pet. She's been griefing hunters for a few days now, trying to steal a Magria tame off of Bryn, and sitting and laughing on top of me when I decided to camp for Banth. People are dirtbags, and this patch is bringing the bulk of them out of the woodwork. It's absolutely disgusting and aggravating.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I've seen that kind of double-tame on my server too, but with Kirix.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Bostwick

@Thwip Yeah she sat and watched us attempt to tame Skarr and we failed. As we rezzed to try again we saw her tame Skarr and do a /sorry before walking off. That was about 30 minutes after I saw her running around the molten front with her own Skarr.

And I agree, I don't know why people, especially fellow hunters, and being such jerks when it comes to taming pets.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Wow....I have no words for that.

For some reason there has been a growing number of hunter's who have got it in their heads that someone else doesn't deserve a tame as much as they did. Either due to being opposite factions or for some god-complex that they've deemed themselves one of the few to be worthy of having such a pet. [As exampled by our forum troll earlier this week.]

I don't understand why hunters who already either did the tame challenges or people who aren't hunters find it necessary to do this to others at all. I missed a Deth by only a couple minutes...did I /spit at the Alliance hunter? No. I actually /congrat'd her on her tame, same with an Alliance that tamed the Anhka I saved from my own faction. Sooner or later these rares will be commonplace on the streets of Org and Stormwind. Keeping people from getting that now is not going to deter this fate from happening.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Bostwick

Yeah I feel the same : /

It's very unfortunate that people decide to act this way. What's more unfortunate however is that people don't understand that if someone else gets a tame then that is one less person who you will be competing with for the next tame. Instead they decide to kill or attempt to mess you up in some way, which winds up being more of a hassle in the long run.

And I do the same; I ran across the molten front because I saw Deth pop, when I got there I saw a dwarf hunter (different one than the original post mentioned) who had already engaged Deth and had it down to low hp and eventually tame it. I was frustrated because I didn't get a chance to get the spider obviously, but I still did a /clap for the hunter and a /pat on the newly tamed spider.

Just wish more people had a little common courtesy.
Bostwick

Just as an update as well, still camping for Karkin and Skitterflame and that dwarf hunter is still here. Now they have taken to going to where the rares spawn and summoning their already tamed mobs to the spawn points. Had myself and a few other hunters rush over to a few different spawns only to find the dwarf there with their pet out.
Arcanine
Realm: Draenor~US

Unread post by Arcanine »

Heres another thing blizz could do, make it so you can't have doubles of the same NPC, make the pet Unique, can't tame if you have already tamed it and can't kill it unless you a hunter that dosn't have it. Though I can see when some people would not like this idea :(

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I've heard about one on my server doing it with Karkin, tamed it 4 times just to abandon it.
quirky

Unread post by quirky »

i'm buddies with the person who tamed your pet. what they said in guild chat was this: "this hordie comes up and /spits on me after i pulled out a pet that they apparently wanted. so i /hugged them and continued farming elementals. then when skarr popped up, i noticed it was the same hordie who had /spit on me who had agro on skarr. i was kind of sad that someone so rude would get the pet. but then they feigned death for whatever reason, resetting skarr, so i tamed skarr and /spit on the hordie in return"
Bostwick

Ehhh I don't remember it happening nearly like that at all actually. But whatever, what's done is done.

And she didn't seem to account for any of the other things, like most recently trying to pull elementals on top of my while I was afk, and then feign death to attempt to kill me.

But it's over with.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Uhh that horde probably did that because when your friend took out Skarr npcscanner went off and freaked him out. Its not really that nice to be farming with skarr out so close to his spawn spot, its enough to freak out anyone. Especially if you have been camping for hours already. So really you cant blame that horde for doing it considering the heart attack your friend gave to him, and to just tame it in spite of someone just going /spit is really.. theres no reason for it.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Bryndell
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Bryndell »

/spit is a nasty emote and I wish they would get rid of it.