The New 10 Rares (edited: for live)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Re: The New 10 Rares (edited: skitterflame)

Unread post by Gimlion »

Kalliope wrote:Check the first post. :)
Oh wow, I scrolled through the first post about 3 times trying to find it, but only just saw it. Hmmm thanks!

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

You're welcome! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

yes! I can finally edit it again, thank you!

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Re: The New 10 Rares (edited: for live)

Unread post by Kurenio »

oh well if your updating i'd like to note that all 5 spiders and either karkin/skarr can be up at the same time.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Solix is a pain. Would it make a difference if I took off my armor? My repair bill is huge...

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Kalliope

Gimlion wrote:Solix is a pain. Would it make a difference if I took off my armor? My repair bill is huge...
Where are you getting fouled up on the tame? Is he catching up to you? Is the flying lava the problem?

YouTube Edition

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

He kept catching up to me. I finally got him to taming point, with the aid of another hunter's traps (we were taking turns), but I didn't realize his energy was too low. Needless to say I walked out of there with a Crystal tear and some guilt.

But I know the strat now, and he doesn't seem to be too popular on my server, I've yet to see him as a pet, and when I said something in General, no one responded. That's why I tried the tame. I don't feel too bad, because neither me, nor the other Hunter really wanted him THAT bad, we just liked him due to rareness and trying the tame challenge, as well as lack of interest in him on my server.

The time I finally got him to taming point was I was able to turn, put concussion up, then keep running, It's been so long since I've done the turn-shoot-run thing that I was a bit rusty. I finally got warmed up, then was a dunce and didn't see his energy. I've got no problems now, except the need for another spawn. :mrgreen:

Kalliope

He actually ought to match your char with that orange. ;)

Solix makes better kiters out of us all. :D Good luck on the next go!

YouTube Edition

Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

I would strongly argue that tstanding on a rock is an easier way to tame Kirix. I know this from experience. First, you risk evade bugging him, causing him to reset (which you did say), and you risk the "lol not in line of sight" error (may want to add that).

I watched as 3 or 4 hunters stood on the rocks failing to tame him. Their inability to do it properly gave me time for 4 or 5 deaths, with 2 rez timers at 20 and 45 sec before I tamed him the intended way. You have to use 2 spells and an aspect that perhaps you normally don't, but the hardest part would probably be finding the buttons. (It wouldn't have been so hard for me had I not bee a shaking, panicking mess. It did require a core hound, but it happened with 10/10 perfection; had ~15% hp left, which I have to think was a good amount considering.)
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

What I need, is a set of backward facing arms. That way I can shoot Concussion and run forwards at the same time. Yes, I will make a frankendwarf, with 4 arms, just for this purpose! Muahahaha

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Re: The New 10 Rares (question: would you like more indepth?

Unread post by Sasrei »

Oh thank Kure I will edit that! *hugs*

Solix is one of the hardest to tame. There ways to help such as the concussive shot glyph, going MM spec for the barrage which would give extra slows with multi shot and chimera, and readiness for the third trap. I would have loved to give a much more indepth detail on how to tame these guys but unfortunately I exceeded the maxium character length :lol: if you guys want I can I also write up a more indepth detail on the tame but its purely up to you all. I tried to make it a more run down point to point just so you understood the basics but no space to add in the extras.

Like with solix, those blue runes on the floor help prevent you from getting hit off by the lava balls. And your best way to kite him is not around the entire outskirts but instead just the first part of the area. Using CS every single time its up, slow trap everytime its up and once he hits 48% tame away. He will lose energy fast. The one reason I really like having just the first area being kited instead of going around is because solix can still hit old traps that have effects still up, so though you have to be careful you' should have more then enough slow and room to tame him. In my experience he never hit me that hard.

I do agree Monica, on the ptr we didnt have this issue of evading and it seems to have more glitching effects then what it did. I prefer and would recommened the disengage strat as it more precise and heck way more fun. The rock strat you may not get hit by the aura but the evading.. the odd instant makes no sense tames, and the overall odd factors just make it a harsh risk.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Trakz
Realm: MadMortem

Unread post by Trakz »

Hi all, my 1st one here

1st of all i have to tell you that in your 4.2 section Ankha has a typo ... and i made my target macro i little bit wrong^^ she s spelled an-K-H-a ... on your page its an-H-K-a

wondering why wowhead has no NPC in database ..... saw her walking behind that tree down the ledg from the portal to molten front today in the morning ...... :)

so far, nice new pets (ok 5 spiders) but hey ... nice challenges .... today in the morning i've got AnKHa ( :) ) as mentioned above, then Deth'tilac which was not really hard to solo tame and a bit later I hard-camped Anthriss and got her ... now I'm waiting for Skitterflame and Banny then i got my 10/10 new ones ...

Greets from south germany and happy hunting :)
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

I'm still not entirely sure where Ankha/Magria path. I know it's in The Regrowth, and there's a map on WoW Head, but I can't read it all that well. Do they spawn along the rocky edge between the Norther and Southern halves of The Regrowth?

Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

Both cats spawn right there in that little space above the rock and run east until just past that fire portal you use for dailies, then loop around back to their spawn repeatedly until tamed. :)
Attachments
kittyloc.jpg
kittyloc.jpg (279.51 KiB) Viewed 12250 times

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Ah! Now that makes more sense. Wowhead is bad at showing spawn points, the dots tend to be kill points or sight points, I think.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Is that at the base of the Molten Front portal?

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Morven »

Yes, judging from the minimap.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

It's the dark spot at the bottom of the hill below the molten portal nearish that yellow tree. They tend to do a little loopy then run down along the top half of the regrowth to the blue portal where you do the jousting/Unbeatable Pterodactyl? daily. I find they rarely get that far before a hunter pops along.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Morven »

I never see anyone camping there for them. I see people camping the owl all the time, but not the cats.

Maybe I'll start -- even though they're not my highest priority rare finds.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

I just really love Ankha's skin. I think it is absolutely gorgeous. Him and Deth'Tilac are the only 4.2 rares I'm interested in. Although, Solix grew on me a good deal yesterday after attempting to tame him 12 times. And I think I agree with Kalli when she says the orange matches Gimlion.

I'm not a huge fan of Banny, or the Yellow Spider skin, think Magria would better suit my Night Elf, and I have a Broodling for my Green Spider, and a Spinner (from the top of the Achievement hill) for the Red, so Kirix and Skitter give me no Interest.

*breathes* THUS, I'm a bit camp-crazed to find my precious Spirit Dawnstrider (he seems more Gold than white), and Deth. :mrgreen: :lol: