Do you sometimes tame something and regret it?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Do you sometimes tame something and regret it?

Unread post by Acherontia »

Makoes wrote: Today I actually released a Blue runic dog, I absolutely love the model, the color, its a beautiful pet, absolutely wonderful, and yet whenever I used it I felt like I didnt have a pet at all. It just wasnt there for me.
Same for me, and same pet! I've always wanted and loved that skin--it's utterly GORGEOUS. But for some reason, it doesn't even click as much as the plain red one!
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Yup. I thought I had to have Skoll after a year+ of hunting. Now that I have him, I'm kinda 'eh'. He looks funny to me. :/
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Noxia
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Noxia »

Mhm. Skitterflame. He was up and I just wanted to tame him for the challenge aspect. I've released my hyena's in the past as well cos I never really got around to liking them.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Tamed Jadefang, never used her and ended up abandoning her. Wish I just killed her for the minipet now. I still need that minipet.

I have the Grimtotem Spirit Guide aka Ghostwolf still on Wassa. I don't regret him, but I've never been able to bond with him. I keep him because you can't tame him anymore and I need a wolf. Although I love wolves irl I can't seem to bond with any on a troll.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Most of the spirit beasts actually. Only one of them I've really properly bonded with, and it was Loque. He still has the most memorable tame of all of my pets for me.
Ended up abandoning a huge amount of pets the other night, most of them SBeasts, because I simply didn't use them anymore. I had my fare share of adventures with all of them at one point, but most of them now laid there forgotten and my stables had started reminding me more of a trophy chamber than a proper stables. :P
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Aotona, when I saw her on the wild on my mage I felt bad for killing her for the frostbitten achievement, so I decided to camp her on my hunter.

After about a week and half later, NPC scan goes off, tag and proceed to tame.
Thing is, after I saw Aotona at the side of my hunter... I immediatly tought it didn't look good on her, bright colors contrasting too much with the dull colored PvP armor. I had tamed something I didn't like, even if I camped for it.
To make matters worse, another hunter comes down, she was looking for Aotona too and her NPC scan had gone off... Had to tell her I just tamed her so she could plan when to look.

If I knew I wasn't going to like her I would have saved that hunter more camping time!
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Novikova wrote:Yup. I thought I had to have Skoll after a year+ of hunting. Now that I have him, I'm kinda 'eh'. He looks funny to me. :/
I was the exact opposite. Dumped Skoll years back because of how ugly he was, and I wound up adopting him again because he charmed me on the PTR. @_@

I don't generally have those moments anymore though. I'm very picky with what I tame, generally - amusingly enough most of what I camp for because it's rare or shiny I just never click with. :/

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Nubhorns wrote:
Novikova wrote:Yup. I thought I had to have Skoll after a year+ of hunting. Now that I have him, I'm kinda 'eh'. He looks funny to me. :/
I was the exact opposite. Dumped Skoll years back because of how ugly he was, and I wound up adopting him again because he charmed me on the PTR. @_@

I don't generally have those moments anymore though. I'm very picky with what I tame, generally - amusingly enough most of what I camp for because it's rare or shiny I just never click with. :/
Well, maybe I'll do the same - I just feel kind of guilty and a little disenchanted. Perhaps if I let him loose he can terrorize the Peaks and warm someone's heart. Also the thing with the runic dogs. I WANT to like them but ... it just doesn't click. :(
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I have Aotona too, and still don't know what I feel about her. She was a fairly random find, and I haven't spent much time seeing if Mindala and she will bond. She does match Min's coloring, though; she's a real colored troll with blue hair, so it'll work. Just not entirely sure about a bird in general.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yes, indeed...Sambas. I know, I know - floofy lion of awesomeness that everyone loves - just not for me. I was genuinely excited when I saw his blip on the map, as I had done casual fly-by's for a while, not really expecting to see anything. I hadn't cleared my cache, either, so I found him just by the map itself. I tamed him, used him in a dungeon, and then just really, really, REALLY felt this odd distaste for him. I think it might be the eyes, the mane, the general derpyness of the face. Just something about him was not appealing AT ALL to me. I promptly let him go.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

He does look a bit derpy, that's true, but I kinda like it. What I'm not as sure about is how well he goes with a troll. Gonna keep him, though. It's amusing to kill Alliance with an lion that looks just like their emblem.