My Ban'thalos really hates gnomes okay

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
outbirk
Realm: Medivh

My Ban'thalos really hates gnomes okay

Unread post by outbirk »

Hello! First post here. >_> I need to get an avatar and such, but! Taming story first.

First off: very important to keep in mind that my hunter is Alliance. With that in mind...

I always have crazy luck with rares. I've only camped once- Arcturis. I camped him for 12 hours before deciding to nap for a couple of hours. Woke up, logged in, and he was roaming around right in front of me. That seems to be about the way of things, oddly. Sure, takes me a bit longer, but I don't end up staring at a hill for 12 hours, and if someone is camping, I just leave and will get the pet later.

I've been Beast Mastery ever since I made my hunter, but my stable was getting a bit full. I had no interest in Ban'thalos until I saw him in Stormwind. I had Olm, and I figured that was about the same. But, oh no. I saw him, and knew I'd have to go and find this pokemon one day. Kept my hunter at the sanctuary, read up on the taming strat, and then logged in during the mornings to check. About 10am yesterday, I'm doing my dailies with the husband, and we fly back...and Ban'thalos is circling the sanctuary. I panic and start taming, forgetting any strategy. Needless to say, I die horribly.

Corpse run, and no one has gotten him yet. Elixirs, set my trap on Malorne's head, fly up, distracting shot, hit my parachute cloak, and drift down as he starts hitting me. Husband tosses Gift of the Naaru on me. Trap him, hit my taming macro...but I didn't have him targeted! Oh dear. Dig through my spellbook for tame beast, and yes! Got him! Tame is halfway thorugh, and then...

MAGE OUTTA NOWHERE! Gnome mage shows up while I have him frozen. I am mid-tame. And they just start nuking him. Trap breaks, tame fails, and he starts spamming them with Harsh Moonlight. The mage eats it. Husband Death Grips him while I set another trap. Distracting Shot, back in the trap, and a few seconds later...tamed!

A hunter had shown up at some point- they already had him and /cheer'd at me. But ohhhhh man. I was so scared I'd lose him. But no, here he is!

Named him "Paupueo" after the Hawaiian owl god who scares off pygmies. ;) I didn't say anything to the gnome who started trying to kill him mid-tame, I don't usually rage at people. I'm just glad that I got him. Round One: Drau- 1, Gnome- 0

Oddly, after that, apparently Skarr spawned and a DIFFERENT mage killed him, with a hunter standing right there. His justification was that he wasn't being actively tamed, so he killed him. IDEK what is up with these people. :| I'm a hunter who tips much more than the 25g from one of the new pets, so I just. It hurts my brain, okay.

BUT YES HELLO FORUMS! o/
Rynbi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: My Ban'thalos really hates gnomes okay

Unread post by Rynbi »

Grats!

I wasn't too interested in Banny at first, but the more screenshots I see people posting on here, the more I fly over where he spawns to see if I can give taming him a shot. xD

He's pretty. ^_^
outbirk
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by outbirk »

He is! I was just kind of "oh, well. Another owl", but the steamers from his wings are so pretty, and he has like a little "glow-cloud" around his head. It reminds me a lot of the phoenix mounts, with the wing streamers.
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Rynbi wrote:Grats!

I wasn't too interested in Banny at first, but the more screenshots I see people posting on here, the more I fly over where he spawns to see if I can give taming him a shot. xD

He's pretty. ^_^
I thought he was cool looking, but didn't want to release one of my stable slots for him until more pics started popping up. When I finally saw him in person- well, that was it. I had a nagging urge to tame him, which turned into a 'must tame now' mindset. Got him the next morning after a restart. Totally worth it. I say go for it! You will adore him once you have him. The wing trails are phenomenal!
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Moon Guard US

Unread post by Serenith »

Is it bad that I found it funny that the gnome mage died?

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Curzon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Silver Hand

Unread post by Curzon »

Serenith wrote:Is it bad that I found it funny that the gnome mage died?
No.
That's what gnomes are for.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

May I just say BEST. NAME. FOR. THAT. OWL. EVER!!!! :lol: <3

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Gratz! And welcome!

I've seen Banny killed twice, once literally 5 minutes ago. It's real sad that people will kill rares even without loot or XP justification. It really sickens me actually.

I'm just glad I don't want him on my Dwarf. Now, taming him on my Night elf... That may make me a bit more upset over his death.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

"heeheehee" *nukenukenuke*

/punt

"EEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *"

/tame

Grats! :lol:

Dang gnomes.