Loque'nahak...is that you???

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Roxhunt
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade

Loque'nahak...is that you???

Unread post by Roxhunt »

This is just too funny not to share....about our loving Loque'nahak. I have discovered he doesn't like all hunters. Let me explain please :D

My friend was out in Sholazar Basin questing. While minding her own business, this alliance hunter drops down and kills her. She is level 77 and the hunter was 82. When she /w me to tell me what had just happened, I asked did she get the guild name. She did. It's a fairly large guild and guess what, I have an alliance dk actually in that guild so I switch characters. As I log in, I see this hunter bragging about killing a pally, how they are an easy target, etc. I never once seen this player mention the difference in their levels though. I was plotting revenage when he killed my friend again and continued to brag on it in guild chat. I asked him it shows he's in Sholazar...what was he doing out there? He said he was looking for Loque'nahak. I told him good luck and asked him if he was using NPC scan. He said yeah. This put a plan into action.

My hunter has Loque'nahak so I renamed him to read Loqueahak, then headed to Sholazar Basin. I planted my pet in a spawn area for the real Loque'nahak and waited. Sure enough, the hunter showed up and dropped, then dismissed that pet. Now, I'm an 85 hunter and I know, this is a level 82. I don't normally pick on someone but it was time to bring this poor fellow down a notch. I came out and killed him fairly quickly. I don't guess it occurred to him that my pet was not a 'yellow' dot on his map (providing he was tracking beast). He came back and rezzed. I killed him again as he was trying to take flight. The second time, he managed to get away from me. I was still standing in the area when my friend came over and we were standing there chatting when the real Loque'nahak spawned right next to us! (I think my friend is rolling a hunter next because she wants Loque! lol). I renamed my Loque and put him away. I called Skarr back out. Within minutes of doing that, the hunter drops back down with an 85 dk and the hunter kills, what he thought, was my pet Loque and the dk kills me. Skarr survived...no reviving pet :P

Well, I logged back over to my alliance dk and asked the hunter if he realized what he had just done in guild chat. He told me yes, he'd helped killed that 85 hunter. I told him that yes, he and that 85 dk had done a fine job at killing the 85 hunter and I was glad to know that the pally he had been talking about was a level 77 and he didn't required the 85 dk help for that kill. I asked him did it ever dawn on him that he just killed the real Loque'nahak.....He said no, it was the hunter's pet. (I guess in the heat of the moment, this guy had lost all of his common sense) I asked him if the body was still there with the hunter being logged out, if so, it wasn't the hunter's pet. At that moment, he started cussing me because he'd figured out that I was the hunter. He threatened to get me kicked out of the guild, etc. I told him so what...go for it. He rant and raved for a bit and I ended up logging out on him. He apparently now has a level 1 horde character because I started getting cussed at again from that character. I told him...did it ever occur to him that Loque'nahak thought he was lunch and didn't want to go home with him?...then I logged.

btw: my alliance dk is still in the guild and no one has said a word to me except one person who has a couple 85 Horde toons. They told me it was epic and the hunter ranted for days afterwards.
Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Re: Loque'nahak...is that you???

Unread post by Arisia »

I think your post illustrates why I will never ever make a toon on a PVP server-- your mileage may vary, but to me this whole thing read as two wrongs STILL not making a right, with an extra tough of nastiness. :( Sorry, but I didn't think it was a funny story.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*facepalm* I swear, only on Dethecus would a rare join in on the action! I don't even know how the real Loque could be mistaken for a hunter pet; he's so much bigger. x_x I'm going to chalk this one up to the hunter having karma bite him in the ass for ganking a lowbie and Loque not wanting to go home with him, especially since we've rehomed him twice in the past couple of days.

I think the truly amazing part of this story is that the hunter himself killed Loque; he griefed himself in the end.

It all depends on the time/situation/people, Arisia. We've actually had a lot less griefing in the Molten Front than a lot of PvE servers, based on the reports we've been seeing here.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

I'm sorry but I just have to say that I love this post.

Roxhunt, you never killed the REAL Loque anyways. You were able to somehow "trick" that one hunter into actually killing the real Loquenahak. Which makes it funny.

I hated gankers when I played on a PVP server, probably why I havent played on a PVP server since BC.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Kalliope wrote:I think the truly amazing part of this story is that the hunter himself killed Loque; he griefed himself in the end.
This exactly haha. You just gotta trust Karma, will always get you, no matter what :)
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

That story is awsome!!! Karma is not to be triffled with, thats for sure. That hunter got exactly what he deserved!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

I laughed pretty hard reading this. Thats what he gets for ganking someone quite a few levels under him and then bragging about it.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

This is a good post and you should feel good, Roxhunt.

I personally wish this kind of bitter medicine to all who grief Hunters in this way.

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Cool story! Does anyone know if the CD on certificate of ownership is still 7 days?
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

No, they removed it.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Nice
Raytor
Realm: Blade's Edge

Unread post by Raytor »

Great post very funny and he killed what he was after what a dumby.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Self-griefing - the new spectator sport! =D
Calixte
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Calixte »

That's amazing. Way to go, Loque. I've experienced A LOT of griefing this patch, so I can appreciate this post. If you don't feel like being kind to other players, karma will come to bite you in the ass. I've found that spirit beasts are particularly sensitive to the jerk hunters.

Lovely sig and avatar by the talented Kuraine!