In Which I Ask: Who wWould Like to Raid Vanilla WoW?

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

In Which I Ask: Who wWould Like to Raid Vanilla WoW?

Unread post by Aritria »

Hi guys!

As a member of Petopians on Nesingwary-US, I've noticed that we have much of the classic dungeons done, as well as one raid, the Molten Core. However, I have had the most amazing itch to do the other three: Blackwing Lair (BWL), AQ10 (formally AQ20), and AQ40 with the Guild. I know that the Guild will take achievements as they come, so there is no rush to do these runs. But, if people are up for it during the month of August, I am more than willing to become the raid leader for these three listed above.

I ask because:
- It will provide those with raiding experience a revisit to old content.

- Similarly, it will give those with raiding experience a chance to do instances that they might not have been able to do otherwise.

- It will give those who want to raid, but do so on a casual basis, a chance to do so and have a somewhat unique experience by starting out with seldom done instances. (Let's face it, downing the Evil Eye of C'Thun doesn't happen every week.)

- It will give those who have never raided, but want to, to get a taste of what it's all about, and the mechanics in these raids that have found themselves into the dungeons we know today. ("Don't stand in the fire!" ring a bell?)

- It'll knock three more Guild Achievements out, and complete the classic content tab.

- We're already mowing down Sarth every week on Wednesday doing the Drake Runs, Obsidium Sanctum taking half an hour at most to complete. Why not do a Raiding double feature? Wednesdays seems to work for most past 9:30 Server.

What I can appertain to Guild runs, we will need Ten people for AQ40 and BWL (but feel free to come along if you want! There's tons of room in these two for anyone else), and eight people for AQ10 to consider it a guild run. The only restriction on these is that they are level 60 and up, so anyone in the Guild from levels 60-85 can come and enjoy the parties that were of the past. Got a 60 twink you're keeping safe? Bring it along! Most of the items will be considered vanity items and will be rolled for accordingly.

Additionally, if any mounts drop, like the Qiraji Battle Tanks that are dropped in a frequent manner, I ask that anyone (including myself), pass on them to give others a chance, Red Battle Tank be damned!

So, anyone up for it?
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: In Which I Ask: Who wWould Like to Raid Vanilla WoW?

Unread post by Morven »

I would love to come along. Haven't raided before, and would like to see some more of the Classic content. 85 MM Hunter.
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

I'm more than willing to help in this. We can easily do these raids.

I would though love to do ICC sometime. Want to see the end of the Lich King
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Morven »

I do think as we get more experienced and geared it would make sense to take on the other raid challenges, probably starting with BC and then going onto WOTLK stuff. Baby steps, though!
Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ikutai »

Caelaza wrote:Hi guys!

As a member of Petopians on Nesingwary-US, I've noticed that we have much of the classic dungeons done, as well as one raid, the Molten Core. However, I have had the most amazing itch to do the other three: Blackwing Lair (BWL), AQ10 (formally AQ20), and AQ40 with the Guild. I know that the Guild will take achievements as they come, so there is no rush to do these runs. But, if people are up for it during the month of August, I am more than willing to become the raid leader for these three listed above.

I ask because:
- It will provide those with raiding experience a revisit to old content.

- Similarly, it will give those with raiding experience a chance to do instances that they might not have been able to do otherwise.

- It will give those who want to raid, but do so on a casual basis, a chance to do so and have a somewhat unique experience by starting out with seldom done instances. (Let's face it, downing the Evil Eye of C'Thun doesn't happen every week.)

- It will give those who have never raided, but want to, to get a taste of what it's all about, and the mechanics in these raids that have found themselves into the dungeons we know today. ("Don't stand in the fire!" ring a bell?)

- It'll knock three more Guild Achievements out, and complete the classic content tab.

- We're already mowing down Sarth every week on Wednesday doing the Drake Runs, Obsidium Sanctum taking half an hour at most to complete. Why not do a Raiding double feature? Wednesdays seems to work for most past 9:30 Server.

What I can appertain to Guild runs, we will need Ten people for AQ40 and BWL (but feel free to come along if you want! There's tons of room in these two for anyone else), and eight people for AQ10 to consider it a guild run. The only restriction on these is that they are level 60 and up, so anyone in the Guild from levels 60-85 can come and enjoy the parties that were of the past. Got a 60 twink you're keeping safe? Bring it along! Most of the items will be considered vanity items and will be rolled for accordingly.

Additionally, if any mounts drop, like the Qiraji Battle Tanks that are dropped in a frequent manner, I ask that anyone (including myself), pass on them to give others a chance, Red Battle Tank be damned!

So, anyone up for it?
Though I'm no longer in the guild itself, I'd be happy to help with your run. I do love me some Vanilla content. ^_^

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Signature by the illustrious Saturo

"Steps 3 through 47: Profit!" - Steampunk of Nesingwary

sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Eldre Thalas

Unread post by sallysquish »

Goody and I are always up for stuff like this. We do seem to be a late night guild.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Foru21dr wrote:I'm more than willing to help in this. We can easily do these raids.

I would though love to do ICC sometime. Want to see the end of the Lich King

i believe you can see it at Dalaran fountain. if not im possitive youtube has it =P

signature thanks to Kurieno
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I would love to do this. My only available nights though are Tuesday through Thursday. I could do another night with enough notice.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Re: In Which I Ask: Who Would Like to Raid Vanilla WoW?

Unread post by Aritria »

Ah, thanks for everyone who has responded! It's nice to see that there's some intrest in the Raids, even though it might not be a guild run.

I've talked with Ikutai (Steampunk from Skywall) and he has graciously taken up the part of Raid Leader for AQ10. It will happen on Tuesday night, August the 9th, after 8PM Server time (5 PST/8:30 NST). Please message or whisper me in game if you want to join, I can then give him a tentative list of the people who want to participate.

Thanks, and I look forward hearing from all of you!

Edit: Due to a previous obligation on Steam's part, the Raid has been pushed to 10PM Server time (8 PST/ 10:30 NST). If this causes you to have any concern, you are welcome to PM or /w in game.
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover