Kirix without a haste buff

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kedem
Realm: Quel'dorei

Kirix without a haste buff

Unread post by Kedem »

Well I nabbed Kirix the other day and did it without the use of my core hound or speed potion. To be totally honest, I had several failed attempts causing me to not have a core hound and drink all my haste pots but I figured one more try wouldn't hurt. So with my rez sickness and all I made my way to the floating rock and hit Kirix with a quick Arcane Shot. After so many failed attempts I had a pretty good bead on when he would use his ability so I popped my Deterrence/tame macro early to give me max time for the tame between attacks. With about .5-1 second left to live I got him. So all of you out there that run out of items/pets for this tame don't give up.
Zuilu

Re: Kirix without a haste buff

Unread post by Zuilu »

I can second this, I managed to do it without any buffs. I wasn't planning on taming Kirix so I had no corehound, boyfriend brought me some haste pots but they got wasted when a paladin attacked before I got the tame off and canceled my channeling. >:(

What I did was:

Go to the 'kirix rock'
Wait till he's in tameable range
Hit with a trap, shot, anything to get aggro
Wait till he starts casting
Hit detterence
(use any haste buffs if you have them)
Tame!
Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

Zuilu wrote:What I did was:

Go to the 'kirix rock'
Wait till he's in tameable range
Hit with a trap, shot, anything to get aggro
Wait till he starts casting
Hit detterence
(use any haste buffs if you have them)
Tame!
Exactly what I did for my Kirix tame. :D No buffs, no haste, no fuss, no muss.

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

Getting the 100% haste buff from the vent and jumping on the Kirix rock (Do this VERY carefully) and taming him works. The tame will take 1.5 to 2 seconds with this method.
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Feralclaw wrote:Getting the 100% haste buff from the vent and jumping on the Kirix rock (Do this VERY carefully) and taming him works. The tame will take 1.5 to 2 seconds with this method.
I heard about this, but was never able to do it-- the 100% haste buff always faded the moment I landed.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

The disengage method lends itself well to not needing any haste buffs, unless the tamer has a low health pool.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I tamed him with the haste buff, from Fireplume Peak (no rock), the first time. He evaded when I attempted this the second time from the mainland (attempting to video it--there were no other hunters who wanted him), and evaded about 5 times.

I wound up doing the Disengage method, which is easy, fast and requires no haste. I have seen other hunters with -110k fail at this, though.
Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

Zuilu wrote:
Feralclaw wrote:Getting the 100% haste buff from the vent and jumping on the Kirix rock (Do this VERY carefully) and taming him works. The tame will take 1.5 to 2 seconds with this method.
I heard about this, but was never able to do it-- the 100% haste buff always faded the moment I landed.
You have to be very careful where you land or else, as you said, it WILL fade.
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I did the Disengage trick without any haste. Ended at less than 10k health, but it's a tame non-the-less.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael