The Rehoming Room

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: The Rehoming Room

Unread post by Sarantha »

Helped rehome Solix. People say druid roots don't work on him, but they DO and I used my druid to root him while a tauren hunter friend tamed him. I was a NElf at the time and kept having to emote at her /ready /charge whatever. Roots are better than chains of ice, but so many people said they didn't work that I hadn't tried until now. She wanted to tame him, my druid was literally in his spot, so I said I would see if roots worked and if they didn't, I'd get my DK and chain him. Solix now has a new happy home. His name is Firebutt.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Curzon wrote: I've taken many out of npcscan once I've tamed/found it, or if I don't want it at all.
Makes things easier for me.
If I'm camping the spot I might as well get the ones I already have a home instead of letting them fend for themselves and getting killed.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Calixte
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Calixte »

Recently, I started camping for NIGHTS AND NIGHTS for Loque, the original beast who started my rare hunting obsession. When I could never find him during Wrath, I told myself I hated his model and pretended it didn't matter (BUT IT DID). So last week I found myself back out there looking for him again. I ran into another hunter who said she'd been looking for him since he first came out, so I bowed out if the camp for myself and volunteered to fly around and see if Skoll or Gondria were up for her to tame as well. Neither one felt ready for a new home, but I did come across Arcturis. My new friend already had him, but one of her guildies desperately wanted her first spirit beast. It felt so good to rehome the big blue bear to a very sweet, very deserving hunter.

That same night, I came across Solix while doing my dailies, and stood watch with him for TWO HOURS while the hunter I whispered struggled to jump across the rocks to my location. He finally got his spider and learned how to tame not only Solix but also the other rares, and he sent me a very sweet little note and some gold in the mail. :)

I had almost forgotten about camping Loque when I flew back out to Sholazar. He'd been cached on my NPCScan sometime during the day, and I wasn't really thinking about looking for him. However, as I flew over the neutral gorillas at their southeast spawn points, I noticed a much bigger form hanging out there. OMG LOQUE! I didn't get that weird burst of adrenaline that usually happens. I calmly switched specs, trapped and tamed. It felt very right and not sudden at all.

The moral of the story is: be nice! Rehome your rare finds and the hunter gods will reward you.

Lovely sig and avatar by the talented Kuraine!

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Another rehoming today! Deth'tilac spawned (AGAIN! Is this the ONLY spider that spawns on my server?) and a dwarf hunter really wanted him. I remembered him getting Deth ganked by horde from when I was doing alliance dailies in Molten Front and saw Deth and thought I'd tell him before any of the horde folks. So I get on my druid, tell him, he takes a while getting there, but finally shows up with a mage. Me and the mage manage to keep Deth away from him while he rezzes and kills his pet over and over again. Eventually, Deth got to tamable health. I kept him rooted while the hunter rezzed his former pet and dismissed it and started taming Deth.

He now has a shiny new "purple people eater". :D

He didn't know that the DK who helped him tame Solix was me either. When I told him her name, he was like wow, you helped me twice, thanks so much! It just gives you the warm n fuzzies don't it?
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Popped into the Molten Front to (finally) get my dailies done and had this feeling Deth was up...and he was! With a big ol' hunter's mark on his head too. I raced my butt over there in time to help a hunter I've seen around (and helped with other tames) get him. :) Gave me a heart attack, though; he sent in Magria two more times than was necessary, even though I was whispering him to tame! x_x All ended well. Muchos gracias to the couple of hordies who ran by and didn't interfere. <3

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

I just recently attempted to rehome Deth after thinking I'd gotten over him, but it turned out that the Hunter there already had Deth on his main Hunter, and he worked with me to help me tame the beast.

My lengthy post about it- http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 34&t=14295

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Kalliope

So Kirix spawned a few minutes after Deth'tilac did and went home with the hunter I'd helped get Loque a few days back. :) But there was another hunter - a human - going for Kirix at the time - I hooked him up with a baby green spider, then helped him tame Skarr, who spawned a few minutes after Kirix!

I didn't expect what happened next.

The human hunter saw me in Stormwind after I hearthed and asked me where I'd gotten my spider. I had Orpheus with me! So now here I am waiting with Chatter, who had the decency to be spawned, so this guy can come over and tame him. Seriously tearing up a bit here; I'm so happy to pass on the Chatter love. :D

(Small edit: Skarr just accidentally ate Chatter's face off. -_- So Chitter got tamed instead! Thank goodness for backup plans. *huggles Chatter consolingly regardless*)

YouTube Edition

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Rehomed Deth last night, she was up for ... a half hour before a guildie wanted her all I can say is thank God I can kite.. switched specs to MM and didnt realize I got rid of my .. "deth" bar.. more importantly couldnt find my FD button.. so I had to run like heck from deth at 10% while I tried to find my FD button :lol: thankfully I did and thankfully she got her the next time!

Also rehomed Magria this morning on my other server :) this cat was actually up for awhile before my guildie got him but since he lost kirix yesterday to a glitch tame I am so happy he got this kitty :) he named it after me to ^.^

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I just rehomed Ankha. To a hunter who had been admiring my Ankha in Orgrimmar before. I told her, I would inform her if I saw a rare pet up (she didn't have any luck with one of the new ones: owned by Kirix too often, and 3 stolen Skarrs). I fly over to Hyjal to do my dailies and see: ANKHA. I invite her in group and she comes over quickly. An other hunter tried to kill Ankha twice (was in MM skill and full gear), but got owned. I wasn't quick enough to catch her name (some weird signs in it) to ask her, what the shit she was doing. But "my" hunter came over and got Ankha on the second try (first try she had all forgotten about her gear). She was really happy and thanked me over and over again. This made me all warm and fuzzy. I'm really glad to have found this wonderful kitty a loving home.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

SibealAD
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by SibealAD »

Last night after I missed Deth (sad I know) I was helping a guild member quest in Twilight Highlands (love the COC) and npc scan came up with Simbas in the area. I was on my shammy at the time, so I looked in guild and there were no hunters on. I looked in the zone to find any one, and there happened to be a Worgen hunter in the area who was happy to tame him. Have group will travel was up and the hunter has a beautiful new pet that he didn't even know was up, he was just mining for elementium in the zone.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Just rehomed Skarr via RareCampers. Starkittens will vouch for me! She was in the channel when it was happening! Skarr just appeared on a rock, I announced it in the channel and someone immediately came to get him. He failed a few times, but got him the third time easily, with rez sickness. /cheers Jandoor and grats on Skarr!
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

That's actually pretty cool. I rehomed a Cinderweb Brooder to a few people today (There were like...millions of packs of them....and they killed me...) And that made me happy. One pst'd me saying: Whenever I tried for Kirix, horde screwed me over. This is nice because I finally have a green spider :)

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Vinessa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ysondre - US

Unread post by Vinessa »

:3 happy rehomings today!

First, i was about to make my dailys with the Rogue, zomg Banny!! There is a hunter in the tree with banny in a trap (me: yay :D), Hunter dies, then i notice that there are some allys trying to kill Banny, whisper him, and tell that i was going to kill the allys and he tames him.
i killed the allys, he traps him, and he says: ITS UNTAMEABLE!!!
inspect him, lol, hes MM ._.
he quickly changes to BM, i killed the allys again and he tames :3 he was so fucking happy, and then he names his bird as me (: Vinessa

then, around 12pm ST, i was waiting with my rogue for the BG que to pop up, and check spawn points in molten front. Kirix up, Deth up, when i came back to Kirix i see Skarr too. Asked a hunter and helped him to get it with kicks and stuff, since he didnt had a MM spec with Silence.
Then i ask him if he was interested in Deth'tilac, he said yes, but it was gonna take too long to get it ): i said: "no, it isnt hard if you know how to do it. ill get with my hunter and help you". My hunter was in orgrimmar, so he had to wait :b Afetr like 3mins of kiting, the buff goes away and he tames him :3 he ended uo saying: "i love you, thanks a bunch! ill add you to friends :D". i add him too ^^

I make hunters happy, cause i dont want to see any rare dead :( When i killed Solix by an error, almost cried and deleted my hunter >.> i was feeling so guilty :l

i hope that the good karma comes to me :] im hoping for Aeonaxx ^^ Purple = ♥

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Helped rehome Anthriss around midnight or so last night. He was up, people were trying to kill him, as usual, I had to ask them if their constant deaths were really worth the 25g he would eventually drop when he died. Most were embarassed and left. It was just me and an orc hunter. The orc wanted to tamed him, but wasn't sure how, so I led him to the correct lava pool and he pulled Anni over and tamed him easily. He said he kept getting webbed before and didn't know the trick. I'm gonna direct the other folks in my rarecampers channel to this website!
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Rehomed Deth not 15 minutes ago.
The hunter I helped get Ankha yesterday whispered me "I'm standing in front of big purple but don't get her tamed, she resets all the time". She was nice enough to port me to her and we startet sending in our spiders (I sent in my own Deth Spinxxe) and slowing her. Then a warlock appears out of nothing and starts dpsing her with dots and shadowbolts. I yell at the lock in whisper to stop this right now, he excuses and said he only wanted to help (maybe he thought we wanted to kill Deth). The lock dissappears and we get Deth to tameable health. I forgot that my pet was still on her, so Deth noms Spinxxe to death and gets pretty low herself. The hunter hits tame, the tame finishes the same instang Deth kills her and herself. But she rezzed and had a pretty new purple spider at her side :) I'm really happy, after two failed rehomes of Deth when she died, I thought I brought bad luck, but all went well! I add a shot of our two Deths. The pally is her guildmate who had been watching.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_080911_180203.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080911_180203.jpg (168.75 KiB) Viewed 3221 times

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

Rehomed Anthriss today! Saw she was up when I was doing my dailies and whispered a nearby hunter, taught them how to tame and they finished their tame just as he died :) Banny gave him a quick heal to help him survive the last second of the tame :) they were very appreciative! Made me feel good :)

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Just got done rehoming Skarr. I logged into my hunter and there he was! No one in my channel wanted Skarr, so I took it to general. A random hunter eventually showed up only to see...oh noes...an alliance DK killing Skarr! So I quickly log into MY alliance DK and tell him Skarr only drops 25g and I'll pay him 50g to leave it alone. He agreed and the horde hunter tamed Skarr with no problems after that. The ally DK had no clue Skarr was a hunter pet and thought he dropped stuff. Once again, ignorance ALMOST killed a pet! =(

But Skarr found a happy home in the end!
Kalliope

I saw an orc hunter sitting with Skitter when I logged in today, so I hopped over to watch/help. Somehow in the string of emotes, he thought I was going to tame him. x_x I couldn't catch him before he rode off, so I found another hunter to tame lil Skitt. Just after the tame finished, the orc reappeared to grats the tamer. :) It was sweet! I'm glad he was just looking to rehome Skitter too. :D Would have felt so awful if he had wanted to tame. >_<

YouTube Edition

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Just rehomed Skarr to a friend who had been waiting since I got my Skarr. I saw Skarr on the cliff, and pst'd him saying: Skarr's up, Northern spawn point. He was extremely happy :3

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Was able to help Katelyne get Dethy finally!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine