Impossible, but still an idea...

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Impossible, but still an idea...

Unread post by meepitco »

I have been soloing things with BM and my Loque for the past few days, but it is getting harder on me, because of dungeons and raids. Would, in 4.3 or any possibly patch, that the final BM talent, gets switched out for some other talent (like extended talent points for pets, or increased damage) and "Beast Master" gets to be a buyable/quest required talent for hunters? Like, any level starting at 69 could get a quest from a trainer, and it rewards at the end of the quest chain the talent Beast Master. I truly want to keep my Loque/Banny by my side, but I really truly want to be MM for raids and dungeons.
Anyone agree with me, or is my idea quite, different or impossible?

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Re: Impossible, but still an idea...

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I wouldn't count on it.

Exotics as a whole are a huge part of the BM spec, and you're basically asking them to take that away and give it to every hunter. The ability to tame spirit beasts and the like is a perk of Beast Mastery - you give up that perk when you become Marks for other abilities, and I don't think it's fair to them to give Marks and Surv their main perk...unless you want Surv hunters to pass out Black Arrow and Marks to hand over Chimera Shot, and by that point, what's the point in speccing anything at all? You can just buy the main skills, and all three of those with the choice of whatever spec you'd like would seriously distort our strength. It's just not very realistic.

If you want to raid and do dungeons with Ban'thalos and Loque by your side, Beast Mastery is more than viable now - 98% of the posts on this forum should be evidence enough. :P Nothing is stopping you unless you have been specifically told to raid as Marks.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

What could be an idea is to have the talent that lets you tame exotics become just a BM special, instead of the top tier talent, and give BM a new top tier talent, increased dps in pet or something. I want to tame exotics at level 60 damnit, as it was before, or hell, earlier than level 60. We have low level exotics, why not tame them at low levels?

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

@Nubhorns:
Yeah, my idea was pretty off about that. It was just an idea I and a few guildies thought about, though.

@Miyron:
Just, yes. This would be brilliant. My hunter was level 58 before cata, and when I found out that I'd have to wait till level 69, my mouth dropped to the floor. I think they should put Intimidation as the top tier, and put beast mastery, as the one given at level 10. But that IS just my idea on it =/

Tumblr is here.

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

That is an idea too, they could just have things switch places a bit, and not giving us any buffs. With pets doing about the same dmg, the exotics wouldn't make us overpowered I don't think, and would make us feel more like we are playing BM. That is the sole reason I never level my hunter as bm before it hits level 69. :P

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

@miyron:
It wouldn't make us over-powered in the least. Every single one of BM hunters could simply tame an exotic, and it'd have pretty much the same buffs, but lower (IE: How they removed ranks, so the worm could have acid thingy, but it'd be the same as, say a scorpid)

Tumblr is here.

Happyhooves
Realm: Thunderhorn

Unread post by Happyhooves »

I don't think that making BM hunters stronger would make hunters overpowered. I have a hard time with any heroics or anything with my spec, just because everyone complains that I don't do enough damage and I need to respec to marksmanship. I think it would be fine to let other specs have beast mastery, or at least the ability to tame exotics, if not give the BM spec a little more power.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

I completely disagree to let other specs have beast mastery, that is a huge part of the Beast master hunter, and seeing other non bm hunters with exotics would make me feel.. not like a bm hunter. It's not like fire/arcane mages run around with a water elemental pet. Not that I can compare there but w/e. And for what mentioned above, that is one of the reasons I don't play marksman, also, if you can't play it, you end up last in the dps charts. No one seems to realize that though.

Uh, let's see. My head is a mess right now, so sorting out things correctly is a bit hard.

I don't think we need anymore buffing at the time, and certainly no nerfs. We are good where we are.

Bah, I will come back to this later, I have a raid going and dailies laying in wait. bbl xD

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

BM is NOT good as it is. Neither is Survival. That would be why there's been post after post in both the official Damage Dealing and Hunter forums, trying to alert Blizzard to the fact that both BM and SV have serious, serious problems right now and can both stand a little love come 4.3. Both specs suffer from poor scaling, and BM suffers more from a few mechanical problems and could stand a straight-up damage buff to compensate for the damage loss when they fixed the pet focus bug.

I don't believe making exotic taming the BM tree special is the way to fix the problem, nor is giving exotic pet families to all hunters. But the problem DOES need to be fixed.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Shush, let's pretend we are ok, else they nerf us again.

Hurr, scrap that. I read the entire post, and I must say I agree to your points.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I wouldn't mind giving exotics to all hunters, although then BM would need something in return. "Exotic" isn't our "Black Arrow," Kill Command is; granted other specs have it, but it's far better as BM.

Speaking of performance, anyone else notice massive focus issues as BM since the last patch? : / I normally defend BM and say I can do just fine with it--and normally I can--but I lost a few thousand dps due to focus issues since 4.2.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

I have lost dps as well. I don't like it. >_<

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I have also lost a lot of DPS too. Main reason I stay MM the majority of the time in raids/dungeons is because people HAVE and WILL yell at hunters saying: Switch to something else, BM sucks. (it's happen to me many time)
And, I agree BM and SV need to be upgraded, and FAST. Hunters have barely (I do believe so) gotten anything since Cata started. Yes, no ammo is good, but we have to wait till level 69 for Top Tier talents, which make us "Hunters" should I say, and the had gotten rid of our ONLY true aoe spell (imo), Volley.
I think that if they dont do much, they should AT LEAST give us back volley. I've had around 10 mobs on me at once, and the loss of AOE (Multi-shot requires range, volley didnt) has caused me to die...and die...and die..

Tumblr is here.

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

The reason BM's damage dropped so dramatically in 4.2 is that they fixed a long-standing bug with pet focus. And as it happened, we were balanced around that bug being there. What happened was this...every time your stats recalculated themselves, such as when you'd gain a stack of the buff from the Fluid Death trinket, your pet's focus would reset to full from wherever it happened to be at that moment. This meant our pets spent a whole lot more time in the focus range in which the Wild Hunt pet talent is active...which was, as we've noticed, a fairly healthy benefit to our DPS, although it was making BM just on the edge of acceptable and by no means overly competitive or superior.

Yeah, that bug correction affects all three specs of hunters - but nobody really relies on their pet for such a chunk of damage like a beast master. When they fixed the bug, they didn't bother to compensate BM for the massive DPS loss the bug correction caused. Plus (as if that wasn't bad enough), fixing the pet focus bug brought to light the fact that Sic 'em and Wild Hunt didn't work together like we thought they did in reference to the focus discount Sic 'em grants.

We're hurting, and they need to fix it. Fixing the scaling of BM and Survival would be nice, too, considering they were having to band-aid fix both specs halfway through last tier because they simply don't scale as well as Marks does.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Hmm, I actually think it wasn't at the focus fix--I lost the dps a hotfix/patch later. I'm not sure what did it, but it was definitely fine after the focus bug fix--I think they just broke something later : /
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

I completely disagree with this idea, honestly giving Beast Mastery to all hunters really is not a good idea, it kills A LOT of the Beast Mastery tree as a few people above stated. Most of my pets are Exotic Rare Elites or Bosses, and that means some random old hunter can run in there and tame it without being in the Beast Mastery tree is absolutely absurd. Honestly Blizz should keep the hunter trees the same it makes no sense having a Marksman Hunter or a Survival Hunter carrying around a Rhino or Silithid. Beast Mastery rely on their pets so if Blizzard was to give that to all trees then Beast Mastery might as well be removed from the game and replaced with some other tree. I do not see Blizzard ever touching this idea I am sorry to say.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

Ive noticed the DPS loss but anytime I mention it people tell me I just don't know what im doing. So I''m glad others noticed.
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US