Ferine Steed ~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Ferine Steed ~

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

With time, those from Gilneas have learned to control the beast within, it took will and patience, but their ability to sooth their own souls from the beast within, has saved them. Not all could be said of those effected by the curse however, human or beast alike. Among those wild Worgen unable to control themselves, the woods and the wilds along the countries borders have become a place of hiding. Though aware and able to deal with their wild brothers and sister, the Gilnaeans livestock do not always fare so well. With occasional attacks on these stock, generally their wounds are to great for them to survive or the curse ravages their body until it is lost. At times entire herds of stock are also lost to broken fences and the fear, that drives them off into the woods, never to be seen again.

However it would now appear that the Gilneans are not the only ones with the strength to adapt to this curse. Found deep within the forests of Sivlerpine a small herd of steeds, none like ever have been seen before, have survived. These lost stock were thought to be dead, however not quite yet, they have adapted into something else completely..... Ferine Steeds.

These beasts have managed to retain a lot of their former affinity and bond with their prior keepers, yet have permanently succumb to the general physical transformation of the curses victims. Now these powerful beasts have been reclaimed back by the Gilneans, as prideful steeds fit for race of people, independent and strong, and ever enduring.

This was just a general idea that I had the other day when I was thinking of an easy solution to the mount discrepancy between the 2 factions. It would require a exalted status none the less to obtain and was thinking of having just 1 non-armored, and one armored model. I know that the worgen themselves have a racial to "run wild", however I really did like the concept of a worgen curse being inflicted on a horse, and the shape in which it would take. I'm not sure if its lore consistent or not, but I have fun drawing it none the less : )

Enjoy~

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
nirvana
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dalaran US

Re: Ferine Steed ~

Unread post by nirvana »

I love. Very sexy! If only Blizzard had given Worgens a real mount, the shinyness of Running Wild ran out quickly after seeing how awkward it looks at high speeds.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

ITS A WERE PONY EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

signature thanks to Kurieno
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I've never been one to complain about the worgen's lack of a racial mount, but this concept is amazing, please post it on the official boards or in the suggestion thread? :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Worgen did have a racial mount at one point. It was an extremely feral looking boar creature.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I looove the werepony, do want

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Werepony is ftw. I want nooooow <3!!! Would be best racial mount EVER

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

*Grabby hands* :shock:
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Amazing as always! I would absolutely adore one of these mounts :)
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

Wow, that's awesome! Really good work there, I am loving this design.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I love how you can see both horse and wolf blended very smoothly into the design. It looks very natural. The look on its face is reminiscent of the new Horde PvP wolf mounts too :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain should casually bring this up to Noah. *wink wink* *nudge nudge* :P

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Thanks guys, Glad you hear you likey :D
TygerDarkstorm wrote:Wain should casually bring this up to Noah. *wink wink* *nudge nudge* :P

As much as I would <3 <3 <3 to see this mount in game.... sadly, even if he did mention it, this design would probably require a whole new model due to the wolf front a horse back. Oh and new animations, and way too much work for it's own good.... :?

Now if it did have both a horse front a back legs it would be much easier to implement, and could just use the current horse animation (which may look a rather odd with the final design of the front legs of a wolf). I really did consider this originally (see draft below) but then a friend said...
"Why not mix it up more?"... so I did and loved it!

Some times I find myself designing and drawing within the boundaries of what would and wouldn't work within the game, or dumb down ideas because they would simply be to hard to implement into the game (not that they ever would) :lol: but I still catch myself doing it all the time.

I still really enjoy designing things that could really have it's own place in wow, but then sometimes its good to break the mold too ;)

Draft ~

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Now it has me wondering if it'd be possible to make a kind of "first draft" skin that works on a current model. Like, take a wolf or horse skin and modify half of it so it has a wolfish-horse face and legs or a horse-ish wolf face and legs. It wouldn't be perfect, but it might be an interesting concept piece.
nirvana
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dalaran US

Unread post by nirvana »

Sadface. Blizzard just released Worgen mounts and they aren't even a tiny fraction as cool as this idea.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

True but plain old horses DO make sense for worgen at least. Better than that weird boar-like thing. Honestly, even if they made up a detailed story as to why Gilneans no longer ride horses, it would have always smelled of "we can't give two races the same mounts, no matter how much sense it makes, so we need to contrive some convenient story to explain it". I'd love to see a ferine steed in the game but I'm also glad they didn't go with anything bizarrely different just for the sake of it. :)

Carriages would have been awesome AND thematic though. And I always wanted goblins to have a sedan chair carried by two grunts ;) Ah well, they could always be the epic mounts ;)

EDIT: there's a proper thread up for worsen mounts in the 4.3 forum so I'll copy this to there and continue there.
Last edited by Wain on Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I would love love love if they made carriages either part of the worgen racial mount or an Alliance multi-person mount while the horde get the goblin cars from the starting zone. :D

[/center]
Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

Want. This. Now.

Beautiful work and story. I only wish Blizzard hadnt "cheapened" us by giving plain ole horse models that were already in the game in the first place...(I like'em 'dem horses I guess. But dangit, goblins get to ride around in little cars for christs sake. lol.)
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

omg yes, this! this is what we should get! this beautifull beast should completely replace running wild and the boring horses.

this is a brilliant piece of art, kudos :)
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I want that. So much.