Pet Themes

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Erinyes

Pet Themes

Unread post by Erinyes »

I've seen other threads like this before, but this one has a story! And an offer!

I was playing my Blood Elf Hunter the other day when a friend mentioned that Hunter was an odd choice for a BE. She said that they're supposed to be Mages, or maybe Warlocks. Now, my response to her aside *cough* Farstriders *cough* Sylvanas *cough, it gave me an idea. Pets themed around a different class, in this case the Mage. So, I went out and got some of these, and I'm working on the rest:

Mage Pets:

Fire Cunning - Red Fire Spider (wow-petopia.com/look/firespider_red.html)
Fire Ferocity - Red Core Hound (wow-petopia.com/look/felbeastskinredblack.html) or Red Runed Demon Dog (wow-petopia.com/look/magehunterred.html) for a non-exotic
Fire Tenacity - Terrorpene (wow-petopia.com/look/ancientseaturtlefire.html)

Arcane Cunning - Olm the Wise (wow-petopia.com/look/owlspirit.html)
Arcane Ferocity - Skoll (wow-petopia.com/look/spectralsaberworg.html) or Blue Runed Demon Dog (wow-petopia.com/look/magehunterblue.html) for a non-exotic
Arcane Tenacity - Purple Shale Spider (wow-petopia.com/look/shalespiderpurple.html) or Blue Warp Stalker (wow-petopia.com/look/warpstalkerskinblue.html) for a non-exotic

Frost Cunning - The Razza (wow-petopia.com/look/chimeraskinoutlandwhite_01.html) or White Wind Serpent (wow-petopia.com/look/windserpentskinwhite.html) for a non-exotic
Frost Ferocity - Ice Saber Cat (wow-petopia.com/look/ridingtigerskinicenosaddle.html)
Frost Tenacity - White Jormungar (wow-petopia.com/look/jormungarlarvawhite.html) or White Bear (wow-petopia.com/look/bearskinwhite.html) for a non-exotic

Anyway, long story short, it turns out I enjoy making odd pet themes so I thought I'd offer my services for anyone looking for an unusual theme. Maybe you want a Paladin theme (I'm looking at you Sambas) or pets from cereal commercials (Tony the Tiger, Toucan Sam and a Yellow Firefly for Cheerios...), whatever it is I'll give it a shot.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Re: Pet Themes

Unread post by Finduilas »

That's a really great idea. I'm tempted to try out the "mage-theme" on one of my various baby hunters.
Right now I'm thinking about what would fit a Nightelf best, I think it could be a "Druid-theme". Would you do a druid-theme for me? :) My Nelfhunter is still in her 20ies, but I might have a goal to level for.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Erinyes

Unread post by Erinyes »

For a Druid theme I can think of two possibilities, you could have the various shapeshift forms:

Cat Form: Black Cat (wow-petopia.com/look/tigerskinblack.html) maybe changed to Hunched Black Cat or Black Saber Cat at a higher level
Bear Form: Black Bear (wow-petopia.com/look/bearskinblack.html)
Travel Form: Orange Spotted Cat (wow-petopia.com/look/tigerskinyellow.html)
Flight Form: Black Hawk (wow-petopia.com/look/stormcrow.html), it even has the ears!
Boomkin, Tree & Aquatic Forms: Nothing really :(

Or you could go with the various ancients from Hyjal and other areas:

Agamaggan: Armored Brown Boar (wow-petopia.com/look/boarskinbrownarmored.html) or really any Regular or Armored Boar
Goldrinn: Black Saber Worg (wow-petopia.com/look/worgblack.html) or White Worg (wow-petopia.com/look/direwolfskinlightblue.html), sometimes he's black and sometimes he's white
Tortolla: Ghamoo-ra (wow-petopia.com/look/ancientseaturtle.html), if he's a bit difficult at your level try the Green Turtle (wow-petopia.com/look/seaturtleskin.html)
Ursoc & Ursol: Dark Brown Bear (wow-petopia.com/look/bearskindrkbrown.html)
Aviana: No exact match, but perhaps a Ghostly Green Owl (wow-petopia.com/look/owljade_ghost.html) with Ban'thalos replacing it at a higher level
Aessina, Cenarius & Malorne: Nothing really :(

I've tried to stay within your level range for these, but you may have to die a few times to get some of them (Flight Form is a level 6-7, but it's in Howling Fjord) or head into Horde territory (Travel form is a Northern Barrens rare). Lemme know what you think.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Awesome. It's really great. I absolutely love both possibilities and I might try out pets from both to mix it up a bit.
Thank you so much, you were really quick. If I'm bored tomorrow or later in the evening I might start getting some of the pets. If you want to I can post pictures of those I tamed :) I thought about a windserpent that could represent Aessina, as it has wings and represents air for me and Aessina's place in Hyjal is such a nice place wide and free.

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Hmm, the Firefly TV series would be a fun theme. I did have a pet named Kaylee back in Wrath.
Erinyes

Unread post by Erinyes »

Firefly, hmm, that's a tough one other than the obvious Yellow Firefly for Serenity (wow-petopia.com/look/fireflyskinblue.html)

Maybe you could base the species on the character's personalities? (I'm not going to link to specific models in most cases since the colors are really up to you)

I'd go with:
A Gorilla for Jayne. Since he really is a big Gorilla.
Zoe gets a Bear, since she's the "Mama Bear" of the crew.
River is mysterious, sweet, graceful and deadly. I think that calls for a spirit beast, especially Loque'nahak (wow-petopia.com/look/harkoa.html) if you can get it.
Mal is tough, but I'd go with a Mastiff dog of some sort, since he's fiercely loyal.
Wash should be a Sporebat since he's "a leaf on the wind." An Eagle or Hawk would also work well for the born pilot.
Kaylee gets a fox, simply for the "play" ability, she's just so cheerful.

I can't really think of anything for Simon, Inara or Book. Maybe something will strike you?
Kaelys
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Kaelys »

...I think my dwarf if she ever gets played again its getting Erinyes's Firefly theme.

Kaelys has a red firefly wasp named Serenity, and no room for more, but that theme is so cool!
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Erinyes wrote:Firefly, hmm, that's a tough one other than the obvious Yellow Firefly for Serenity (wow-petopia.com/look/fireflyskinblue.html)

Maybe you could base the species on the character's personalities? (I'm not going to link to specific models in most cases since the colors are really up to you)

I'd go with:
A Gorilla for Jayne. Since he really is a big Gorilla.
Zoe gets a Bear, since she's the "Mama Bear" of the crew.
River is mysterious, sweet, graceful and deadly. I think that calls for a spirit beast, especially Loque'nahak (wow-petopia.com/look/harkoa.html) if you can get it.
Mal is tough, but I'd go with a Mastiff dog of some sort, since he's fiercely loyal.
Wash should be a Sporebat since he's "a leaf on the wind." An Eagle or Hawk would also work well for the born pilot.
Kaylee gets a fox, simply for the "play" ability, she's just so cheerful.

I can't really think of anything for Simon, Inara or Book. Maybe something will strike you?
Inara is graceful and very pretty, she could easily be a spirit beast too. In fact my Magria sports the name Inara.... inspired by her. But I can also see her as a brightly colored parrot :D
Simon is a doctor, and the pet that heals is also a spirit beast, but that doesn't quite fit him (at least in my opinion). Other than that I don't know what to say.
And I can see Book as a wolf for some reason.

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

some ideas for minor Firefly characters:

Badger: a boar
Niska: wind serpent
Saffron: orange dragonhawk
BlueSun: white chimaera or Torgos or The Kurken
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Hee, Saffron is my Dishu on Kallimon. :) Definitely something in that vein for her color-wise.

Simon might work as Skoll. Distinctly male, with heals. ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I tamed my first "druid" pet: the black hawk from Howling Fjord. I named her Cilka after the Druid tank in the dungeon I visited afterwards.
I would have never thought about this pet for my Nelf (was thinking about taming it with a Worgen) but I already like her very much. Next pet for Alandria is Dishu, I hope to find her without too many deaths ;)

edit:
I tamed Dishu without any problems due to Horde Npcs, she was at the most northern spawn point (I hadn't hoped for her to be there, as I normally find her around crossroads with my Horde toons only). I named her Driada, a name my guild-mates came up with.
Attachments
Cilka
Cilka
WoWScrnShot_090911_164153.jpg (284.5 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Driada
Driada
WoWScrnShot_090911_204621.jpg (315.3 KiB) Viewed 1627 times

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables